Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fistmaster049

Ragna the Bloodedge Q&A and FAQ

I'm still having issues doing 6 tk bs. Sometimes it comes out and my opponent ends up behind me, and sometimes it doesn't. I'm assuming that after I do 6A I have to do the 2147 motion, it just seems like whenever I try that I get regular BS. Sometimes I nail it right but I feel as if I'm doing 6A 214 all in the same motion. Then when I jump cancel the 6A I hit 7.

I'm having trouble with two of Ragna's mid-screen throw starter combos..

1) 5B+C > delay 214A > 5B > 5C > 5D (1) > 214B >> delay 214D > dash 5D > 623D >> 236C >> 214D

2) 4B+C > dash 5C > 214A > 5B > delay 5C > jc j.B > j.C > jc j.C > j.D > 623D >> 236C >> 214D

For the first combo, aside from not getting the delay 214A to hit properly on a consistant basis, no matter how much I delay 214D, the dummy techs too quickly for dash 5D to land. I need help with the timing for delay 214A and with getting 5D to land.

For the second combo, I can't get Ragna to dash quickly enough after the back throw to land 5C. Any tips for the timing on this, too? (Sorry if I posted in the wrong thread. Wasn't sure)

I'm still having issues doing 6 tk bs. Sometimes it comes out and my opponent ends up behind me, and sometimes it doesn't. I'm assuming that after I do 6A I have to do the 2147 motion, it just seems like whenever I try that I get regular BS. Sometimes I nail it right but I feel as if I'm doing 6A 214 all in the same motion. Then when I jump cancel the 6A I hit 7.

You probably figured it out already, but I found that doing 7214D after 6A is much easier. You have to pause slightly after doing 6A when you use 2147D because if you don't, you can end up cancelling from 6A instead, which'll give you regular BS(6A > 214D), or a super jump(6A > 7). 7214D saves you the trouble of having to worry about that and is much easier to get consistantly.

Really hope that made sense.

I'm having trouble with two of Ragna's mid-screen throw starter combos..

1) 5B+C > delay 214A > 5B > 5C > 5D (1) > 214B >> delay 214D > dash 5D > 623D >> 236C >> 214D

2) 4B+C > dash 5C > 214A > 5B > delay 5C > jc j.B > j.C > jc j.C > j.D > 623D >> 236C >> 214D

For the first combo, aside from not getting the delay 214A to hit properly on a consistant basis, no matter how much I delay 214D, the dummy techs too quickly for dash 5D to land. I need help with the timing for delay 214A and with getting 5D to land.

For the second combo, I can't get Ragna to dash quickly enough after the back throw to land 5C. Any tips for the timing on this, too? (Sorry if I posted in the wrong thread. Wasn't sure)

i wouldn't suggest doing that first combo. the timing is very finicky and more often than not you're going to drop it. what i suggest doing is this

5B+C > 214A > 5B > 5C > 5D > 214B >> 214D > 623D >> 236C >> 214D

as for the second combo, you can watch ragna's animation for an easy reference. there's not really much else to it.

I'm pretty new to BB and I just got BBCP so I hope I'm not troubling anyone with my newbie-ness.

So I just started learning Ragna and I'm having trouble with this combo:

5B > 6A > 214B >> 214D > 6A > jc j.214D > dash 5B > 5C > 5D > 214A > 5B > 5C > 5D > 623D >> 236C >> 214D

First thing, I've managed to perform up to the jc BS (albeit inconsistently it hits them to the ground at weird angles, ranging from behind me 1/5 of the screen to right behind me to right infront of me to infront of me 1/5 of the screen.) Anyone know where it's supposed to land after the jc BS and how I can control it?

It might have been the TK BS FistMaster049 was referring to, but I'm not 100% sure if a TK BS and a jc(7)214D is the same thing (I'm still iffy about terms at times).

Second thing, could anyone explain the dash 5B? Why it is there? (I feel like whether or not you dash depends on where they land after BS.) Also how do I pull it off? Am I supposed to input buffer the dash before I touch the ground after the BS?

The last thing, is the 5B > 5C > 5D> 214A > 5B > 5C > 5D. In the cases where everything falls into place (I manage to hit the BS and they land on the ground right next to me, where I can continue to combo) I have problems going from 214A > 5B > 5C > 5D. I drop it trying to 5B. Any tips for this?

If you could answer these questions it'd be much appreciated, thanks for reading!

I'm pretty new to BB and I just got BBCP so I hope I'm not troubling anyone with my newbie-ness.

5B > 6A > 214B >> 214D > 6A > jc j.214D > dash 5B > 5C > 5D > 214A > 5B > 5C > 5D > 623D >> 236C >> 214D

First thing, I've managed to perform up to the jc BS (albeit inconsistently it hits them to the ground at weird angles, ranging from behind me 1/5 of the screen to right behind me to right infront of me to infront of me 1/5 of the screen.) Anyone know where it's supposed to land after the jc BS and how I can control it?

It might have been the TK BS FistMaster049 was referring to, but I'm not 100% sure if a TK BS and a jc(7)214D is the same thing (I'm still iffy about terms at times).

Second thing, could anyone explain the dash 5B? Why it is there? (I feel like whether or not you dash depends on where they land after BS.) Also how do I pull it off? Am I supposed to input buffer the dash before I touch the ground after the BS?

The last thing, is the 5B > 5C > 5D> 214A > 5B > 5C > 5D. In the cases where everything falls into place (I manage to hit the BS and they land on the ground right next to me, where I can continue to combo) I have problems going from 214A > 5B > 5C > 5D. I drop it trying to 5B. Any tips for this?

If you could answer these questions it'd be much appreciated, thanks for reading!

With all those 5B> 5C parts it should have dropped real soon. I recommend omitting at least one 5C it isnt worth it in a combo that long. Especially since j.214D kinda scales your combo a lot.

as for tk bloodscythe, it also depends on when you hit them with 6A, try to hit as high as tou can without dropping the combo due to it being too high.

Dash B is unnecessary in the corner other that that, you need to dash 5B in order for 5D(1) to connect

With all those 5B> 5C parts it should have dropped real soon. I recommend omitting at least one 5C it isnt worth it in a combo that long. Especially since j.214D kinda scales your combo a lot.

as for tk bloodscythe, it also depends on when you hit them with 6A, try to hit as high as tou can without dropping the combo due to it being too high.

Dash B is unnecessary in the corner other that that, you need to dash 5B in order for 5D(1) to connect

Thanks for replying! Yeah I just pulled that combo from the dustloop wiki's Ragna page. I'll try and omit the 5Cs and test that out.

So, for the dash B, assuming mid-screen and I connect the TK BS, it's just a timing thing?

I just have to dash 5B > 5D?

Because there are times where the TK BS hits the opponent right next to me and I can just go 5B > 5D without any problems. Other than that it hits the opponent a little farther away, in which case I think I need to dash 5B to continue the combo. I can never hit dash 5B though, not sure why.

Thanks for replying! Yeah I just pulled that combo from the dustloop wiki's Ragna page. I'll try and omit the 5Cs and test that out.

So, for the dash B, assuming mid-screen and I connect the TK BS, it's just a timing thing?

I just have to dash 5B > 5D?

Because there are times where the TK BS hits the opponent right next to me and I can just go 5B > 5D without any problems. Other than that it hits the opponent a little farther away, in which case I think I need to dash 5B to continue the combo. I can never hit dash 5B though, not sure why.

If he's right next to you just 5B lol. Dont make life harder for yourself aha

1. 2147D makes you upback when doing BS so that you can avoid them falling behind you. Slightly (like a really small gap) delaying 214B > 214D helps. if they end up too high when you do TK BS they'll fall behind too. Also, yes TK and 7214D, 2147D etc etc are usually just TK notations right there. as long as the move comes out a little above the ground it doesn't really matter what inputs you press.

2. it's there because 5D will just whiff if you don't dash 5B. To land it you just buffer! It's around 3 frames of the game repeating your inputs or something like that. the only time you just hit 5B is when you are in the the corner or close to it to do a different combo.

3. Omit the 5C and just do 5B > 5D > 214A> zzz. sometimes the height gets too high and you just miss or some shit like that

Hope this was simple to understand!

1. 2147D makes you upback when doing BS so that you can avoid them falling behind you. Slightly (like a really small gap) delaying 214B > 214D helps. if they end up too high when you do TK BS they'll fall behind too. Also, yes TK and 7214D, 2147D etc etc are usually just TK notations right there. as long as the move comes out a little above the ground it doesn't really matter what inputs you press.

2. it's there because 5D will just whiff if you don't dash 5B. To land it you just buffer! It's around 3 frames of the game repeating your inputs or something like that. the only time you just hit 5B is when you are in the the corner or close to it to do a different combo.

3. Omit the 5C and just do 5B > 5D > 214A> zzz. sometimes the height gets too high and you just miss or some shit like that

Hope this was simple to understand!

Yes, thank you, your explanations were helpful! I've gotten to the point where i can consistently use TK BS in the corner but I still have problems with it midscreen. I think it's mainly the dash 5B.

So basically I should try to buffer input the dash after I TK BS and wait until the dash animation starts before I hit 5B? 

Do you think you could give me some pointers on the timing? I have never been able to buffer input a dash after using special that makes you jump in this game : ( 

Right after you press 66 press 5B and make sure you go back to neutral so you don't get accidental 6Bs or anything else random. both the dash and 5B should come out, so you'll get the microdash 5B. 

As soon as you see the opponent bounce off the ground (or around a little later than that) is when you start to buffer 665B. 

If you want wierd shit look up kaqns videos. Ragnas pressure is very basic though, so any decent ragna will do you fine

Stupid question, can Ragna do the Dp/throw OS vs Azrael's crossup dash?  If he can what's the input for it

Stupid question, can Ragna do the Dp/throw OS vs Azrael's crossup dash?  If he can what's the input for it

You can do block/throw OS. 1ABC when you're waking up will throw him if he dashes through you

You can do block/throw OS. 1ABC when you're waking up will throw him if he dashes through you

Thanks, anything helps against that gorilla.

I'm sorta new, so forgive me for excessive scrubbiness (Is that even a word?), but I'm randomly dropping combos left and right, even in training mode.

I improvised a corner combo, but I can't consistently do it since it randomly drops on the relaunches.

5B > 5C > 2C > 623C >> 236C >> 236C > 6A > jc J.C > djc J.C > J.214C > 5D > 214A >> 214D

I tested it only on Ragna, so could it be hitbox issues?

could you be more specific on where you're dropping the combo? "relaunches" doesn't really help us.

also this is a better combo to do:

5B > 5C > 2C > 623D >> 236C >> 236C > 3C > 22C > 236D > (2C) > 5C > 5D > ender

2C in parentheses might not work, just a heads up

could you be more specific on where you're dropping the combo? "relaunches" doesn't really help us.

Well if you are worried about dropping you can just 5B after dead spike (236D) it's more reliable, as it is faster.

The 6A and the 5D. It's like I'm doing it right, but suddenly Ragna techs right as the active frames get to him. On both cases. Real trippy.

Thanks for that combo, I'll try it out later.

you'll probably have a better chance using d dp, since c dp launches the opponent lower

and to make it even easier, you can do 2C/5C > 6A

also 5D is not fast enough to catch people after BE in most cases