Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fistmaster049

Ragna the Bloodedge Q&A and FAQ

Is there any 'best' way to do the dash >3C >22C for stuff like that above-mentioned combo? I can get it to come out by dashing then holding 3 until I hit C, but I can only catch the falling opponent like about ~40% of the time.

well if you're in a position where you have to dash, then there's not much i can say. it's all a matter of timing.

if you want an easier but less damaging route, you can use 5C instead of 3C. reach is longer so it's safer, but you'll have to do something like 5C > 6A > j.214D > 5B > 5D > 22C > 236D > dc 3C > ender.

Is Bloodsythe (ground version) even worth using? I try to score Fatals with this every so often with players that don't deal with it very well but other then that it seems like a really good way to get myself killed for doing it. 

you'll probably have a better chance using d dp, since c dp launches the opponent lower

and to make it even easier, you can do 2C/5C > 6A

also 5D is not fast enough to catch people after BE in most cases

I'm still having problems with DID and DS inputs. (It's hard to change years of muscle memory in a week) Not to mention that I got my combo working easier with CID since it launches the opponent lower, giving it less time to tech.

Since 5D can't reliably catch people after BE, what's the best option in this case? 2C?

Is Bloodsythe (ground version) even worth using? I try to score Fatals with this every so often with players that don't deal with it very well but other then that it seems like a really good way to get myself killed for doing it. 

Raw Ground Bloodscythe is only good to catch ridiculously unsafe stuff like random slides since it will hopefully dodge it before hitting the opponent.

D Inferno Divider might be a better option for Fatal Combos, but don't quote me on that, I still haven't tested either.

there still isn't any reason to use c inferno divider over d inferno divider in a practical case. less damage, no lifesteal, and smaller hitbox.

after BE, use 5C > 5D. in most cases it will work.

ground BS may be slow but it's plus as hell and it can have a weird trajectory. i use it as a shock tactic, since it's not entirely useless. if you can do an ambiguous cross-up with the move, they're pretty much either guaranteed to get hit or block the move. scoring fatals with it is really nice, since they get more consistent combos than with d id. d id is more for punishing moves with long recovery. sometimes you can even catch opponents doing whatever (see kogatan).

well if you're in a position where you have to dash, then there's not much i can say. it's all a matter of timing.

if you want an easier but less damaging route, you can use 5C instead of 3C. reach is longer so it's safer, but you'll have to do something like 5C > 6A > j.214D > 5B > 5D > 22C > 236D > dc 3C > ender.

Well that leads into another issue - TKing j.214D has been a nightmare for me. I've been able to get it somewhat consistent just doing 6A>j.214D, but it falls to shit when trying to do it in a combo. I think my issue is figuring out when to hit D during 2147.

ground BS may be slow but it's plus as hell and it can have a weird trajectory. i use it as a shock tactic, since it's not entirely useless. if you can do an ambiguous cross-up with the move, they're pretty much either guaranteed to get hit or block the move. scoring fatals with it is really nice, since they get more consistent combos than with d id. d id is more for punishing moves with long recovery. sometimes you can even catch opponents doing whatever (see kogatan).

I didn't think about using it as a shock tactic before, I just used it for some block strings or woke up with it if my opponent tried to bait a ID by backdashing. I guess I need to be less predictable with it.

What frame is Gauntlet Hades airborne on, I can't find that info in the frame data on the wiki.

Asking because I got 360ed during startup, heard gauntlet hades and everything and thought I was safe =/

What frame is Gauntlet Hades airborne on, I can't find that info in the frame data on the wiki.

Ragna is airborne from frame 12. It's not in the BBCP frame data for some reason, but the start-up has been unchanged for a while.

Question about Ragna.

My friends and I have all just started playing CP.

When ragna Hells Fangs you into a knockdown, and you quick rise, what are Ragna and the opponents'(barring characters with a DP, of course) options?

My friend will do Hells Fang>knockdown>dash up 5b.

Is that guaranteed?

Question about Ragna.

My friends and I have all just started playing CP.

When ragna Hells Fangs you into a knockdown, and you quick rise, what are Ragna and the opponents'(barring characters with a DP, of course) options?

My friend will do Hells Fang>knockdown>dash up 5b.

Is that guaranteed?

Aside from reversals and DPs, your only options are delay tech or roll, but rolling can be punished. A good Ragna will force you to either block or commit to a reversal, after any knockdown. So it all comes down to blocking or doing a reversal to make him afraid of starting his pressure. If he hesitates, he loses a chance to start pressure and you can, for example, jump out safely and escape.

Now, if he's just throwing 5B after HF without thinking you can delay your wakeup and make his 5B whiff.

after testing belial edge out, it seems that the opponent has to be halfway on top of you and pretty close to you. it's pretty hard to get it consistently midscreen, but i seem to get pretty consistent success when i do 5C > TKGH > 5C > jc j.B > j.C > BE

after testing belial edge out, it seems that the opponent has to be halfway on top of you and pretty close to you. it's pretty hard to get it consistently midscreen, but i seem to get pretty consistent success when i do 5C > TKGH > 5C > jc j.B > j.C > BE

I'll have to try this out when I get home. I've had success midscreen BE with this: 5B > 6A > sj > 66 > j.B > BE

I've gotten this on every character except for Tao and Makoto (There might be more, I'll post up when I find out). It's really weird messing around with, and I've even gotten 5C to work in here in between 5B > 5C > 6A > etc...

It's something that's worked for me in training mode/matches but I'll have to try KayEff's route as well.

Hi guys. I'm playing Ragna on BBCSE and I'm can't seem to chain 'Not Over Yet' (22C) with 'Dead Spike' (214D). The best I can do is chain it but with blue numbers not red, meaning the enemy can recover in between. When I tried earlier timing the Dead Spike don't show up at all. I saw people chain it smoothly on video (red combo). I googled about this but can't seem to find any info. Is the 2 can only be chained on BBCP? Or am I missing something here?

I hope this is the right place to ask, I'm new here.

22C has entirely different properties in BBCP compared to previous games. In BBCSEX and all previous games, it causes a short stagger (with varying advantage on hit, depending on the version in question). In BBCP onwards, it slides the opponent and causes wall stick in the corner. Only the new version can be cancelled into other specials on hit. In other words, yes, that combo is only possible in BBCP onwards.

If you want to look for BBCSEX-specific content, please check the Archive sub-forum.

22C has entirely different properties in BBCP compared to previous games. In BBCSEX and all previous games, it causes a short stagger (with varying advantage on hit, depending on the version in question). In BBCP onwards, it slides the opponent and causes wall stick in the corner. Only the new version can be cancelled into other specials on hit. In other words, yes, that combo is only possible in BBCP onwards.

If you want to look for BBCSEX-specific content, please check the Archive sub-forum.

Ah, I see. Thanks!

Speaking of Not Over Yet, how does it work in 2.0? I remember before you needed to use 2D, Blood Scythe, or 3C before you were allowed to use it. What are the requirements now?

In normal combo placements, it's pretty much the same. The only one I noticed that was changed is that you can't do OD 5D[1] > 22C anymore. 

Of course, with 5D(2) now knocking down on air hit, you can also combo that into 22C, but it doesn't enable immediate use like 3C does. The opponent has to be in a downed state before you can input it.