Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fistmaster049

Ragna the Bloodedge Q&A and FAQ

Yes, but only because it causes hard knockdown. Essentially, a few moves that enable it actually only do so through hard knockdown. In contrast, 3c enables it immediately without needing your opponent to hit the floor.

Thanks. I've been trying to update the change log on the wiki so I wanted to know why Not Over Yet started working in places where it didn't before.

Sent from my ZTE-X500 using Tapatalk 2

Hey guys i recently started to use ragna again in bbcp extend. I was wondering when is the best time to start using 6D -> j.D pressure. Everytime i try to use it i either get mashed out or dp'd. Also how do u combo after landing a successful CH 6D using this technique? Thanks in advance.

How do I do jcc OD,  in the overdrive corner combo?

It starts off with 5C<6C, then jccOD. Do I jump cancel, then hit overdrive? Or what? Cause every time I try to do it. I can't land the 6D into bloodscythe.

Hey guys i recently started to use ragna again in bbcp extend. I was wondering when is the best time to start using 6D -> j.D pressure. Everytime i try to use it i either get mashed out or dp'd. Also how do u combo after landing a successful CH 6D using this technique? Thanks in advance.

If you're getting mashed or reversal'd out of it, perhaps you're being a little too predictable or not teaching them to respect your blockstrings. Make use of frametraps like 2A>2C, 5B> delay 2C/5C, 2C> delay 5C and 2A> delay 2A. Ragna has many options to beat mashers easily and efficiently.

Thus, 6D should be used sparringly and only when your opponent stops trying to mash you out.

A simple combo off it would be: CH 6D> j.214B>>delay 214D> 5B> 5C> 5D> 236D> 5B> 5C> 5D> DID/HF

How do I do jcc OD,  in the overdrive corner combo?

It starts off with 5C<6C, then jccOD. Do I jump cancel, then hit overdrive? Or what? Cause every time I try to do it. I can't land the 6D into bloodscythe.

You have to cancel into OD during the very early frames of the jump cancel, and by early I mean when Ragna doesnt even leave the ground. If the done correctly, the message "Cancel Overdrive" (or something) won't appear and you'll have more OD time. If you do it too quickly Ragna will perform a regular Cancel Into Overdrive and won't get the benefit of added OD length.

If you're getting mashed or reversal'd out of it, perhaps you're being a little too predictable or not teaching them to respect your blockstrings. Make use of frametraps like 2A>2C, 5B> delay 2C/5C, 2C> delay 5C and 2A> delay 2A. Ragna has many options to beat mashers easily and efficiently.

Thus, 6D should be used sparringly and only when your opponent stops trying to mash you out.

A simple combo off it would be: CH 6D> j.214B>>delay 214D> 5B> 5C> 5D> 236D> 5B> 5C> 5D> DID/HF

You have to cancel into OD during the very early frames of the jump cancel, and by early I mean when Ragna doesnt even leave the ground. If the done correctly, the message "Cancel Overdrive" (or something) won't appear and you'll have more OD time. If you do it too quickly Ragna will perform a regular Cancel Into Overdrive and won't get the benefit of added OD length.

Even when I do get it to come out, I can cancel fast enough, but when I go ahead and do 6D they always tech.

Even when I do get it to come out, I can cancel fast enough, but when I go ahead and do 6D they always tech.

Try holding up and OD at the same time so it would be 9ODC after 6c.

Keep trying, the OD> 6D link really is somewhat tight.

I'm aware the combo thread isnt quite complete yet, but there are easier combos that only do slightly less damage. It's better than going for the tough stuff and droppping.

I'm having trouble doing Ragna's 22A ~ C option select in the corner ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG98dRpcwOI ).

I believe I'm inputting the OS right but I'm always too far away to get the 22C if the opponent doesn't tech. Any tips?

I can only think of range. Not being close enough can make 22C whiff, but even then 22C's hitbox is huge in this version, it shouldn't whiff that easily. Are you close enough after HF? Remember it might not work off confirms like far 5B> 5C> HF, Ragna wont be close enough most of the times.

The only other reason could be smaller characters like Carl.

Hey guys, how do I improve my air-to-air fight with Ragna against players who like to jump really high and attack from above? I experienced this a lot online with Hazama, Rachel, Kagura, Azrael and maybe Arakune. Usually I try to fight them by remaining on the ground with D ID, 5D and 6A because I always get destroyed when I try to get them in the air. I think I'm weak fighting in the air, is there any way I can improve on this?

I don't really know if this post belongs in this specific thread but whatever I'll just answer anyway

Against Kagura and Azrael you can rising J.AAA, has a really good hitbox/fast and you can confirm it super free for a knockdown.

As for Hazama/Rachel/Arakune ideally you want to stay grounded and move around them while they are in the air (Mostly Hazama/Arakune since they are pretty high up there and chasing them airborne is a bit of a stretch sometimes.) Rachel if she doesn't have wind and isn't super high up you can also rising J.AA. J.C/J.D are also pretty good. 5A/6A are really good AAs (5A for more horizontal approaches that aren't super DEEP. 6A more for deep jump ins and more vertical stuff i guess)

You don't ever want to DID/5D in neutral, tons of recovery lol. you want to keep yourself low risk for the most part.

I don't really know if this post belongs in this specific thread but whatever I'll just answer anyway

Against Kagura and Azrael you can rising J.AAA, has a really good hitbox/fast and you can confirm it super free for a knockdown.

As for Hazama/Rachel/Arakune ideally you want to stay grounded and move around them while they are in the air (Mostly Hazama/Arakune since they are pretty high up there and chasing them airborne is a bit of a stretch sometimes.) Rachel if she doesn't have wind and isn't super high up you can also rising J.AA. J.C/J.D are also pretty good. 5A/6A are really good AAs (5A for more horizontal approaches that aren't super DEEP. 6A more for deep jump ins and more vertical stuff i guess)

You don't ever want to DID/5D in neutral, tons of recovery lol. you want to keep yourself low risk for the most part.

I don't really know if its the right thread as well. I figured I wanted advice on how to play better air game with Ragna so I posted here.

Thanks, I think I'll try using more JAAA and see how it goes. I usually use J.C but I mostly get hit. J.D I seldom use it except in air combos but I discovered is really good against Tager and good overhead after 6D for pressuring. I need to cure my habit of relying on 5D a lot on dealing with jump ins :(

Since the match-up threads have been abolished, lemme ask a question here. How do we feel about the v-13 matchup in CPEX? Where are the opportunities in her long range pressure to escape?

We do still have a matchup thread, they're located on the front page under the Blazblue  section:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/forum/345-bb-matchups/

The old matchup threads are also archived in the lower part of the forum front page:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/forum/85-ragna-matchups/

With Nu, you can stay in mid-range and challenge her pretty hard; you don't want to stay full-screen tho. I wish I could explain more, but my Nu experience is pretty lacking with Ragna.

I've seen a lot of combos involving 6A>5D right at the end. 6A>5D sometimes works when 5C>5D does not and I'm wondering why. They both have the same startup, 13f, and 5C has the higher attack level, so if anything, 5C should work better than 6A, right? Also 5C has further horizontal range than 6A so would never require a microdash unlike 6A.

3 hours ago, Giggles454 said:

I've seen a lot of combos involving 6A>5D right at the end. 6A>5D sometimes works when 5C>5D does not and I'm wondering why. They both have the same startup, 13f, and 5C has the higher attack level, so if anything, 5C should work better than 6A, right? Also 5C has further horizontal range than 6A so would never require a microdash unlike 6A.

they upped the hitstun decay rate and/or amount in CPEX so unlike in CP in CPEX stuff that works in the beginning of a combo seldom works later in a combo

on air hit 6A has more untech time than 5C so it comboes to 5D while air hit 5C won't (later in a combo)

3 hours ago, Verimeloni said:

on air hit 6A has more untech time than 5C

Isn't untech time solely dependent on attack level? According to the wiki, 6A is lvl3 while 5C is lvl4.

37 minutes ago, Giggles454 said:

Isn't untech time solely dependent on attack level? According to the wiki, 6A is lvl3 while 5C is lvl4.

generally yes but not always, if you check ragna's frame data you see that on air hit 5C has 19f of untech while 6A has 26f (with it launching etc.); if you check the table of hitstun decay over time you can put together that because 5D has 15f startup, you can't connect air hit 5C > 5D if your combo has lasted over 420f ~ 7 seconds (with normal starter) 'cause at that point the decay has decreased the hitstun/untech time with 6f

frame data holds the answers

6 minutes ago, Verimeloni said:

if you check ragna's frame data you see that on air hit 5C has 19f of untech while 6A has 26f (with it launching etc.)

Ah, cool thanks. I didn't know there were exceptions like that.

I'm having troubles with using aerial BE in combos and the opponent recovers before I'm finished my combo. Is there a timing or position I'm supposed to be near the opponent for the opponent to spin after BE?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

On 12.12.2015 at 6:42 PM, _WhoisAnt said:

I'm having troubles with using aerial BE in combos and the opponent recovers before I'm finished my combo. Is there a timing or position I'm supposed to be near the opponent for the opponent to spin after BE?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

the height/angle for getting the followup is very character-spesific, check out this thread for details: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/10964-cpex-belial-edge-generalguidelinesspecificsetc/