Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fistmaster049

Ragna the Bloodedge Q&A and FAQ

A thread that seemed quite needed, especially since the CP Update

Here, you can ask Questions on Ragna the Bloodedge and share the knowledge put together in this thread

Key:

TK = Tiger knee

CH = Counter hit

FC = Fatal counter

DS = Dead spike

GH = Gauntlet hades

HF = Hell's Fang

BS = Blood scythe

ID = Inferno Divider

BE = Belial Edge

IAD = Instant Air dash

Question: How do I TK Blood scythe?

Answer: Input 7214D

Q: When I try to use TK BS the opponent always goes behind me, whats up with that?

A: Doing the motion as 8214D or 9214D tends to make them fall behind after the BS, along with just being too close. 7214D usually seems to work better as it moves Ragna very slightly backwards as well as TKs

Q: TK BS is hard and I can't get it all the time in matches, is it really worth it?

A: TK BS is optimal midscreen for meter, dmg, and corner carry especially, even if you miss the followup you still get the best knockdown in Ragna's arsenal so overall yeah it is worth it, just keep at it

Q: The New input for D ID is weird and I keep getting DS

A: There are a few ways around this, but the most common why around is usually just being careful with how input it and not inputting 6236 by accident

Holding 3 usually helps

Feel free to post any notes and extras you may wish to add/correct

More to come, updated as soon as possible

A thread that seemed quite needed, especially since the CP Update

Here, you can ask Questions on Ragna the Bloodedge and share the knowledge put together in this thread

Key:

TK = Tiger knee

CH = Counter hit

FC = Fatal counter

DS = Dead spike

GH = Gauntlet hades

HF = Hell's Fang

BS = Blood scythe

ID = Inferno Divider

BE = Belial Edge

IAD = Instant Air dash

Question: How do I TK Blood scythe?

Answer: Input 7214D

Q: When I try to use TK BS the opponent always goes behind me, whats up with that?

A: Doing the motion as 8214D or 9214D tends to make them fall behind after the BS, along with just being too close. 7214D usually seems to work better as it moves Ragna very slightly backwards as well as TKs

Q: The New input for D ID is weird and I keep getting DS

A: There are a few ways around this, but the most common why around is usually just being careful with how input it and not inputting 6236 by accident

Holding 3 usually helps

Feel free to post any notes and extras you may wish to add/correct

More to come, updated as soon as possible

When i play ragna why is it that alot on his moves seem like they hit but miss and why doses hes always keep getting counters hit? And What is The Main Key To winning with ragna i Struggling So Much Right now?

When i play ragna why is it that alot on his moves seem like they hit but miss

hitboxes.

why doses hes always keep getting counters hit?

you're probably using the moves at the wrong time.

And What is The Main Key To winning with ragna i Struggling So Much Right now?

we can't answer that when we don't know how you play.

What are Ragna's tools/tatics for discouraging jump-outs/jumps during pressure and (if possible) mid-range? I try all sorts of crap but no one really gives a damn, it's starting to drive me batty.

TBH I don't touch that button outside of combos but I'm so desperate at this point that I will give it a shot.

Edit: Tried using it, the move isn't terribad but people still give zero fucks about my anti jump-out/jump options :vbang: .

Yeah 5D can be pretty good when used sparingly to discourage jumping. It's pretty good after Deadspike, where people tend to try to jump out the most.

Alternatively, have you tried using dash 5A? It doesn't sound like much but I've found it very beneficial to incorporate a lot of 5As into my gameplay when pressuring, it's good at tagging people that try to jump out and doesn't kill your pressure/mixup if you should hit with it, like 5D. If it whiffs because they are crouching, the fast recovery allows you to continue pressuring.

The idea isn't to hit them with 5A if they try to jump out (it's air blockable anyway), you just want to put them in blockstun if they try to jump out, which prevents them from using any further air movements and causes them to fall back down into your pressure. That's where you can use 6B or 6C on their landing for mixup, or an air unblockable if they aren't barrier blocking.

I'm still confused as to how DS works with its dash cancel. It feels awkward and sometimes the DC timing seems inconsistent. Exactly at what point can it be cancelled?

I can't find any demonstrations of midscreen 22C>DC>run>5C anywhere. I know I saw it in a video once, but I've lost it. It does work just the same on any character besides Arakune and Kokonoe, right?

Yeah 5D can be pretty good when used sparingly to discourage jumping. It's pretty good after Deadspike, where people tend to try to jump out the most.

Alternatively, have you tried using dash 5A? It doesn't sound like much but I've found it very beneficial to incorporate a lot of 5As into my gameplay when pressuring, it's good at tagging people that try to jump out and doesn't kill your pressure/mixup if you should hit with it, like 5D. If it whiffs because they are crouching, the fast recovery allows you to continue pressuring.

The idea isn't to hit them with 5A if they try to jump out (it's air blockable anyway), you just want to put them in blockstun if they try to jump out, which prevents them from using any further air movements and causes them to fall back down into your pressure. That's where you can use 6B or 6C on their landing for mixup, or an air unblockable if they aren't barrier blocking.

This reply is pretty late but I just want to say thanks for this piece of advice. I already used 5A's during pressure for tics and such but I never thought to use it for preemptively stopping jump outs. It's helping me so much that I'm shocked honestly.

After watching the DTN footage, I liked what SKD was doing with dashing under into the corner, then IAD back out crossup DID RC, but I was having trouble getting it to come out. Do you input the DID the same direction your dashing, or back the other way? Like should I be doing 96623D, or 96421D?

The input for any and all ID cross ups is the same direction you are facing when you IAD. So the input will always be j.623X

I got a question for the Ragna experts, I'm not sure if its character specific or maybe even height specific, when I use like 6A or 6C in some combos I sometimes cross under my opponent during a TK blood scythe and can't keep the combo going. I dunno if its the way I do my TK motion for it either, the way I do it (and probably the most consistent for me) is 6~9632147D, I haven't been able to do the more common way of doing 2147D consistently for it.

If I had to give an example combo, 5B 6B 214A 5B 5D(1) 214B 214D 6A TK-BS (and from here it usually crosses under and I can never finish the combo cause they are way to far).

Hey it's me again. Could I get some examples of TRM setups?

examples of TRM setups are:

2A > 662A > Throw

XX > Rapid Cancel > throw

Where XX is any move.

examples of TRM setups are:

2A > 662A > Throw

XX > Rapid Cancel > throw

Where XX is any move.

Thanks

I got a question for the Ragna experts, I'm not sure if its character specific or maybe even height specific, when I use like 6A or 6C in some combos I sometimes cross under my opponent during a TK blood scythe and can't keep the combo going. I dunno if its the way I do my TK motion for it either, the way I do it (and probably the most consistent for me) is 6~9632147D, I haven't been able to do the more common way of doing 2147D consistently for it.

If I had to give an example combo, 5B 6B 214A 5B 5D(1) 214B 214D 6A TK-BS (and from here it usually crosses under and I can never finish the combo cause they are way to far).

If you're doing it after 214B 214D, make sure you're entering the 214D as soon as possible after the 214B. If you delay the 214D you're more likely too cross under and/or whiff the 6A in my experiences, if you hit it ASAP then do 2147D you should connect the TKBS consistently. I also had trouble with 2147D at first, what seemed to get it is that I delayed it just slightly into after the 6A, I think the problem may have been that I was mashing it out so fast that I was getting the 7 input prior to 6A's jump-cancelable window.

immediate followup will cause BS to cross up half the time. you will probably have better if you slightly delay the followup as well as slightly delay 6A.

And in regards to landing air Blood Scythe after 6C without crossing under, here's an excerpt from the Ragna 101.

Q: Whenever I'm doing 6C > (delay) 6D > air Blood Scythe (j.214D), the opponent ends up behind me. Why does this happen and what can I do to avoid it?

A: This typically happens when you're too close to the opponent after a 6D. Because 6C knocks the opponent quite high, your hitbox isn't pushing the opponent's hitbox forward during j.214D like it would after a 6A. To remedy this, you want to be further away from the opponent so that you don't cross underneath them. It helps to push the opponent out as much as possible before going for 6C so that the second hit only narrowly connects. On a crouching opponent, this can easily be done by adding a 2B or 2C before 5C > 6C, although this will depend on your initial proximity to the opponent. Don't worry, you'll still be able to land a 6D so long as you delay it slightly.