Sign in to follow this  
Dangief

Zappa: Spreading the Love (Player Locations)

Hey Undying, always good to see more zappa players. I'm not sure whose all in Denver, do you guys have a good scene over there or what? I'm over on east coast now myself, and Dangief hasn't posted on dustloop in like, two years...

I'm not sure who else is still around. You guys need to make yourselves be heard, get that Zappa HYPE.

Where on the east coast are you?

Sorry, I've apparently lost my globe. I'm on the -west- coast, in California. Derp. To be fair I was a bit sleep deprived when I posted before.

There are a couple other zappa's out here, but they don't play him as a main...

Hey Undying, always good to see more zappa players. I'm not sure whose all in Denver, do you guys have a good scene over there or what? I'm over on east coast now myself, and Dangief hasn't posted on dustloop in like, two years...

Really? Since Dan's the mod of the Zappa forum, does that mean that this place goes unmodded for the most part?

AFAIK, there isn't much of scene here in Denver or Colorado for fighting [or other] games. I am aware of Extra Fresh League and the Colorado Cutthroat Connection chapters of competitive gaming, but I haven't seen them for myself. Also, I doubt there are many arcades around the city or in the whole state, let alone, any that carry Guilty Gear in any incarnation.

The only one I am aware of is the one at the Tilt inside the Aurora Town Center, though it is Guilty Gear XX: The Midnight Carnival. Everytime I show up to play there, no one even touches the machine at all...it got more attention when it was dead (read: game disc dieded) than now that it's back up and running :(. Sometimes though, I do attract a few onlookers for a brief moment from all the zany action that GG offers, though I hardly ever get any takers.

Yesterday was different though, as some guy offered to fight against my scrubtastic Faust :FA:, saving me the pain of having to fight boss I-No :IN: for the third time that day :vbang:. He picked Chipp and rushed my ass down with a flurry of aggressive setups, abusing the hell out of Gamma Blade and his Sushi move :CH:. The way he played made it apparent that he knew what he was doing, but just looking at him would make it seem as if he was just slamming the stick and buttons furiously without direction :psyduck:. He hit the buttons so hard, the whole base the controls sat in shook and the jingling of coins inside the slots could almost be heard :gonk:.

We fought in a best of 2-out-of-3 games thing - I won the first game, he won the second, and I pulled out a win the third game - with many close matches in between. I got careless in the bonus round afterwards and almost got double-perfected :I:, evening the score to 2:2. I shook his hand and left promptly, as I was out of tokens after said round. I spent most of the fight calmly zoning him with Faust's j.S [jump-ins], 2HS [Ground], j.HS [AA in Air], 5K [AA on ground], Ai (bomb-bags) [for pressure], and Nani Ga Deru Kana [for the hell of it]. Surprisingly, I was able to land the scalpel enema on him several times, mostly by doing it in between his attack-strings, but failed to land the IK on him at full-screen :roboky:, much to my surprise.

Still a great bunch of games though, it really helped me appreciate the arcade experience that much more to have a live match, though I think I probably would have done much better if I had picked Zappa instead.

This is why Guilty Gear Needs to be online. I live on long island and no one I know plays guilty gear. At ncc people used to play and they all quit b/c bb came out and I had no one to play anymore, not like they were good anyway, and b/c of that i stopped playing and now my zappa sucks :(

Actually, I think I heard murmurs that AC+ on PSP can be played through the PS3's Ad-Hoc Party app, but since I don't have any wired connections in my house that I can use, I am unable to experience that for myself. I'm sure that whenever GG XXX or whatever it's going to be called is released, it will have online play, though whether or not Zappa will still be relevant remains to be seen.

Anyway, I think the thread has come a long way since it's inception, and since so many other people seemed to have shown interest in it, I think it's time for an update. That is to say, a Zappa player listing and some updated maps. I spent some time this afternoon compiling together information to throw onto some maps I found from information posted by users on this topic. Here's the result of that:

ZAPPA PLAYER DIRECTORY

N. AMERICA Map here.

WEST U.S. (Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Idaho, Utah, Arizona, Wyoming, Montana)

Map here.

• Oiboi - Mountain View, CA (IK)
  • Ankh - Fairfield, CA (Three Stooges)
  • Hellsap - Portland, OR (EX-S, Zappa Summon)
  • Lutrano - Tempe, AZ (#R HS, Ghost J.HS)
  • Meowmix - Santa Clara, CA (#R K, Zappa 5K)
  • lovage Thousand Oaks, CA (Zappa 4+Respect)
  • AlmightyGnat - Van Nuys, CA (Zappa 2P)

MID U.S. (Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska, North/South Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, Mississippi, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Ohio, Michigan)
    Map here.
    • 4Corners - Denver, CO (#R-S, Raoh j.HS)
    • Chippy - Columbus, OH (#R-K, Looks Painful)
    • blipples - Lebanon, KY (#R-Start, 5D)
    • Undying - Denver, CO (AC-K, Zappa Psych Burst)
    • ~Gen~ - Memphis, TN (j.HS Zappa)

EAST U.S. North/South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, R. Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Maine)
      Map here.
      • Phrekwenci - New York, NY (j.D Zappa)
      • Zoogstin - Raleigh, NC (Raoh 5HS)
      • eratice8188 - CT (Zappa 6HS)
      • Winbutton - Charlotte, NC (Zappa 2S)
      • Hi-C - VA (#R-HS, 5HS)
      • Haku Salmon - Cape Cod, MA (Zappa 6+Respect)
      • SH-Junkie - Long Island, NY (5S Zappa)

SOUTH U.S. (New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida)
        Map here.
        • Dangeif - Orlando, FL (Green Dictator Headstomp)
        • Pirateyoshi - Miami, FL (Zappa Ghost Go Away...)
        • Valentine - Houston, TX (Zappa It's Alive!)
        • Tilde~ - Delray Beach, FL (Zappa Bellows Malice)

CANADA Map here.

[*]Chomite - Victoria, BC (small Dog)

[*]Zeero - Toronto, Ontario (2HS)

EUROPE & UNITED KINGDOM

[*]Lars - France

[*]The Mastodon - England

AFRICA

[*]Kanom - Morocco

Map Source. :v:

Very yes! I always love it when new zappa players crop up, always brings this forum to life.

BTW Faust vs Chipp is sort of a silly matchup, more momentum dependent than most battles-- but that tends to happen with any fights involving either Faust or Chipp. Chipp's speed and pressure is best when he has control, and Faust's shenanigans only work really well if he's got the pressure to make the opportunities arise from random item tosses.

On that note, Zappa's sort of similar, but his momentum is more subtle. For instance, landing a counter hit 6P off of someone trying to do a meaty is probably the most satisfying thing you can do, especially when you go into a free instant raou combo and get that meaty oki pressure going on with darkness anthem. It's all about being unpredictable and random-- sometimes doing dumb things is the only way to beat someone.

Case in point:

Shounen getting absolutely beasted by Chonari. I always said this matchup was in Zappa's favor but no one believed me.

Happy to see some new hype coming guys. I'll definitely do some dog practicing soon and put up some good combos I've been working on.

Yes. Hype indeed... except for me being 2p.

Please, gimme the 5s. :yaaay: ..or Edguy. Always down with Edguy.

I'm out of practice... I better step my shit up before EVO.

Granted that it's been awhile since FR, but the only other Zappa I saw was (I believe) Zoogstin. The only other person I remember him playing was my roommate, FD, playing Venom.

Was that you, Zoog? I was playing on the white ps2 pad, cause I'm a scrub.

Am I gonna be the only Zappa repping at NEC? C'mon guys, I'm traveling from Houston to get there.

Phrekwenci rises back from the dead?!?!?! how come you stop posting in NYC thread? :C

Let's make this happen, fellas.

I plan to totally revamp everything for the new GG release. If I can, I'd like to get mod powers so I can clean up around here and get ready for new players, but it's not that big a deal if not. Dangief has been gone for almost 2-3 years now, I have no idea what happened to him, but threads like this one could really use some updating.

Expect to see me posting around here more often in the coming months. Once the game is rereleased, I'll be fixing my revamp thread and making it a lot nicer to read. I want to wait to see if they make any changes to Zappa (I heard rumors of some slight balances, so prepare for the best/worst).

I haven't played in years!

Damn, It's been years since i heard from you. Don't even know if ya remember me lol.

The hype for this has had me hook up my ps2 for the first time in over a year. Can't have a rusty Zappa.

Damn, It's been years since i heard from you. Don't even know if ya remember me lol.

I remember you! Aww the memorieeeeeees.

Welcome to the club!!

Yush! So far learning the all the ghosts, I got the FRC on the ghost shoot down to get some pressure. Doggie pressure is killing me though, hurts my head that I have to use the little guy while doing other things with zappa.

Sign in to follow this