Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

SNK Playmore going 3d

Erh... I would't be excited about this SNK 3D shit. It's like they're behind the times in that aspect.

Just looks at how shitty the KOF MI and MI2 models were. Heck, in the first case, even the models for the Dreamcast version of Soul Calibur looked A LOT BETTER.

The ones they're showing now in that picture are... erh... no, just no.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. I do believe that once SNK hires the people they need, their proverbial "game" will have been stepped up to compete in the 2.5D department.

It's obvious that SNK sucks at making 3d fighters, although I personally liked the MI series (give us that regulation A SNK!!!). It could have been spruced up in some areas though, mainly hitboxes.

Art of Fighting 3 is pretty much a 3D fighter made with 2D graphics, and it's one of the Neo's greatest non-KOF/SamSho titles. They should try for something with a similar play style and flow.

I've heard that the second Samurai Shodown 64 game (in 3D) is pretty awesome, but there aren't many people that can vouch for it, because it never got a home port and hasn't been properly emulated.

http://www.mmcafe.com/cgi-bin/forums/bbs/messages/13447.shtml#65954

Nice find. It seems that the 3D renderings are from a discount ad which teases 3 uncoming Pachislot machines, code-named "S", "G", and "D". The fine print reads "graphics are for illustrative purposes only", but they're probably going to be used for the machines.

http://26926725.at.webry.info/201310/index.html

New pachishits doesn't mean they aren't still working on new fighters. They're most likely meant to tie into and boost the popularity of the new KOF and SamSho, just like Vastedge. Come on, SNKP USA made a statement in English about it, directed at American players.

So now you're going to tell me that SNKP's recruitment offer that specifically mentioned new 3D KOF and SamSho games for PS3/360 was really only about a trio of pachislots. Right.

Yes. It was called Maximum Impact.

And it was mixed in terms of quality.

Alot of people liked MI2, especially "Regulation A", which kinda returned KOF to its 3v3 roots...

Regulation A was a valiant attempt at balancing MI2 and bringing the series to arcades, but the game was still pretty broken. They had to cancel their plans for Regulation A2 and a PS3/360 MI3.

That trailer... looks like it's intended to hype a new fighting game until the last few seconds.

I just have to hope they do something fighting game related with all those assets.

So the pachinko machine celebrates 20 years of Samuria Spirits? Glad those models are not from a fighting game, but have to agree that trailer totally looked like an ad for a new fighting game...

Maybe PS4 magic in the future?

They're not ready to develop for next-gen. The recruitment notice for their new SamSho/KOF projects specified that the games would be on PS3/360.

why? Don't ps4 uses x84 architeture, that is basically what a normal computer uses (different from the all wonky ps3 processor)? Isn't it much easier to make things for ps4 than to ps3?

why? Don't ps4 uses x84 architeture, that is basically what a normal computer uses (different from the all wonky ps3 processor)? Isn't it much easier to make things for ps4 than to ps3?

Yeah that didn't occur to me at the time, but the intel based processors x86 isn't it? Would possibly make development easier for them, after all their tatio games are basically windows games on intel processors.

The PS3 has been out for a long-ass time. Many Japanese developers are very used to working on it by now and highly attuned to its intricacies.

Also, if the games were on PS4/Xbone they would feel compelled to make the graphics much more advanced and detailed to justify the hardware, which would be too much for them to handle.

I maintain that SNKP obviously does not have the resources or the experience to develop for next-gen at this time.

LMAO, PS4 is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY easier to develop than PS3, if anything i am sure that they will embrace it more quickly just because of that, add all the money that they get from the Pachinko machines and their deal with Tencent, you are underestimating how much resources SNK have, yes is not big, but is not small either, they are probably a little better than ASW at best

The PS3 has been out for a long-ass time. Many Japanese developers are very used to working on it by now and highly attuned to its intricacies.

Also, if the games were on PS4/Xbone they would feel compelled to make the graphics much more advanced and detailed to justify the hardware, which would be too much for them to handle.

LOLOLOLOL

The ps3 is MIPS based, the xbone and ps4 are x86 much like the tatio type x is, hence porting should be theoretically easier because the 3 machines share a common assembly language and C. As for the graphics thing if SNK goes with unreal 4, cry engine, or even unity for a 3D engine they could have better effects quickly. Guilty Gear Xrd is unreal3 last time I checked.