Spark

[CP] Hakumen Q & A: New players check here first

If i hold 2, i'll do quick getup that didn't have any invul, it's very rarely this wouldn't end up as otg reset.

@BladeOfJustice7 : what do you mean wake up zanshin isn't guaranteed reversal anymore? blockable catch?

edit : i read raziul post wrong... that split second when i tech is enough to charge astral?

I get the neutral tech when I hold 2 and Square to tech. I've never had problems with it coming out as the quick rise. If you didn't know already, you can hold an attack button ( other than drive) to auto tech.

I do [a] for neutral tech, but if we [2]+[a] on knock down it will end up as Neutral tech not quick rise? i do [2] > tap a and end up as quick rise that got reset before the astral came out :vbang:

there's two kinds of knockdown in BB, emergency tech and non emergency tech-if it's an emergency tech knockdown you can hold forward/down/back while teching and you will still get the neutral tech as soon as you hit the ground. if you delay your tech you'll get the roll/etc options. no problem charging for akumetsu with this sort of knockdown.

if it's not emergency tech you will get quick getup if you hold 2 and a button once you hit the ground, which won't really let you use akumetsu.

easy example? haku 3c is emergency tech, 5D knockdown is not emergency tech.

What's the purpose of Haku's drive now? It seems like they keep getting nerfed. How does he play in CP vs EX cuz I've been planning on switching mains from Ragna but if Haku plays way different in CP there's no point in practicing him in EX while waiting for CP US release.

His combo routes are different, but it still pays to practice because you'll get a sense of how to move with him and his neutral.

Hakumen's drive is still very usable as a call-out or bait in CP. Overall, the ability to land a counter has been nerfed. They're able to be blocked and he can't frame 1 counter overheads without Yukikaze.

However, the reward you get out of a counter has been buffed to an extreme. With just the simple Drive > Shippu super you get 4k, unburstable for 4 stars, 1 of which you obtain from the drive triggering. You can also use the new Enma follow up to get a Fatal Counter for huge damage, and with overdrive, 7k+ unburstable.

Overall Hakumen's gameplay remains the same but he lost a lot of his "legit" ways to open up his opponent. Personally, I feel like I play my games a lot more as waiting for my opponent to make a mistake rather than forcing him into making one.

The worst nerf Hakumen gets in CP was the change to his English Speaking Voice Actor. I'm still mad about that crap.

It's actually still David Vincent, they just used a new voice effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's actually still David Vincent, they just used a new voice effect.

I think that makes it even worse then. If they want free money they should sell me his old voice pack with out the power ranger villain effect.

CAMELLIA

CRIMSON

Using Dub Haku brings on a whole new level of mind game as it makes your opponent go "wtf is this voice?" and then they get distracted and then bam 9k OD combos.

Makes sense I suppose.  I actually don't hate this change as much as I thought I did.   

It's going to force you to sit and block to get stars before you can do much damage, which is what I think of when I consider Hakumen's intended playstyle.

Also makes sense to go for silly resets rather than use a hard-earned Mag on Agito now, as well.

This does make Hakumen the only character that actually loses heat for getting combo'd though. :3

So I'm having trouble understanding what Hakumen can do for pressuring people once you get them in a corner. I'm sure there's something better then using continuous 2A/5As and slipping in a Zantetsu or 6B, cause I have no idea how to keep them from slipping out of the corner. I'm also not sure if 6D is a viable tool with Hakumen, it look really really situational. 

So I'm having trouble understanding what Hakumen can do for pressuring people once you get them in a corner. I'm sure there's something better then using continuous 2A/5As and slipping in a Zantetsu or 6B, cause I have no idea how to keep them from slipping out of the corner. I'm also not sure if 6D is a viable tool with Hakumen, it look really really situational. 

Hop Hotaru and Tsubaki can work for call outs, other than that it just comes down to knowing what your opponent will do.

Hop Hotaru and Tsubaki can work for call outs, other than that it just comes down to knowing what your opponent will do.

That ends up leading to another set of question, so I notice people talk about using hop hotaru at times though I'm not sure why you would use hop over tk hotaru, I know the heights are slightly different but other then that I don't quite get why hop is the preferred way. I see why you would use Hotaru but not quite sure what Tsubaki would be used for, if I remember right it can't lead into combos like it did before or does it have additional effects on counter hit?

Hop is good because it can get you back in closer when you've been pushed out for pressure. It can also make them respect your hops because they are afraid you might Hotaru.

Hop is good because it can get you back in closer when you've been pushed out for pressure. It can also make them respect your hops because they are afraid you might Hotaru.

So basically you use the hop to scare them into not pressing buttons cause they think a hotaru might come out? 

When you're pressuring them, eventually you will be pushed far enough away that you will have to hop to get close to them again. If you never Hotaru, they can just wait for the hop and hit you.

However, in this game Hotaru is riskier, so his pressure overall took a hit.

I would generally stick to Hop Tsubaki, but you won't be able to follow it up with anything unless you throw out another 2 stars for Hotaru.