Spark

[CP] Hakumen Q & A: New players check here first

I think that's what he meant, yes. It's decent if the character they are playing as subpar air normals that you can bait/beat out.    It's not really reliable though but it's better than spending a hard-earned star on Agito sometimes

Going back to CT style combo enders  :HA:

yeap that's true. And if the opponent airtek backwards I give j.B> Agito/2A and the option works  perfectly especial in the corner

I am having trouble doing the 3rd loop, when I do it though it only seems to do 100 to 200 more damage.

Is the timing different forevery character?

Isee. I guess I have to practice more. Also am I suppose to "zone" with hakumen? I play aggressively and end getting caught by hits. I do not use D a lot but I see myself using C a lot. Any tips for pressure combos with A n B and follow ups?

Hakumen doesn't have real pressure, his shit is gimmicky as hell and has a TON of a holes in it. A lot of the stuff you're going to do is poke them with 2A or 5A (but mostly 2A), chaining into 2B which will sometimes catch people unawares. Throw out 6B to scare them into blocking high once in awhile. Alternate between ending your pressure with 3C at max distance so they can't punish, or continuing it with Kishuu. Something that is kind of staple in Haku's pressure has been 2A > slight delay > grab. The slight delay is to ensure you don't get a purple/pink throw instead of a regular green one. I don't know what the word is on 6A, but it's probably no good for pressure anymore. Agito (his aerial ink kick) is a great approach tool, as most characters can't really deal with it (exception is maybe Rachel with her absurd 6A) and you can immediately follow up with j.B with some safety. 

Get used to fishing for CHs with 3C, as it leads into his loop pretty easily. 

You can certainly get in their face, but it's not really one of Hakumen's strengths, I would say. You would do well to incorporate zoning into your game, as he has tools to deal with long distance foes: ie: cutting projectiles to make his little black hole. 

I think Agito is actually Hakumen swiping at them with his claws.

6A is -4. RIP

But yeah you want to use your As and Bs over any Cs for pressure. Although I think 5C has enough blockstun where Kishuu > anything becomes a frame trap.

"An offensive technique where the attacker leaves a small opening in their offense, goading the defender into performing an attack. This opening is designed such that the attacker can easily counter the defender's attack with his own."

Basically you are purposefully giving your opponent a chance to attack, but the window you give them is so damn small that when your next attack comes out, they just eat the move, rather than you getting hit. Feel free to correct me if my layman's version of it was wrong.

Alright some meter management question. Usually when I'm playing Hakumen I always seem to have a lot of meter just laying around till I do something like Yukikaze an overhead and kishuu to add more damage or 4C guren zantetsu (1) kishuu more damage from here. The majority of the time I seem to be spending a lot of time poking with various normals and fishing for CH 3C, or pressuring a lot with 2A and spending zero meter unless I can derp someone with zantetsu. I guess the question to ask is besides scoring big damage is this all Hakumen does with meter?

Alright some meter management question. Usually when I'm playing Hakumen I always seem to have a lot of meter just laying around till I do something like Yukikaze an overhead and kishuu to add more damage or 4C guren zantetsu (1) kishuu more damage from here. The majority of the time I seem to be spending a lot of time poking with various normals and fishing for CH 3C, or pressuring a lot with 2A and spending zero meter unless I can derp someone with zantetsu. I guess the question to ask is besides scoring big damage is this all Hakumen does with meter?

Yep.

In a more serious sense, Hakumen's entire design is based around his meter. The general idea is to use pokes and defensive tools to build meter and then when the time is right, spend the meter to pump out large amounts of burst damage. In actuality, what you're doing will depend on the situation and match up greatly. Some people you want to space, others you want to chase down and stay on, others are going to be all over you and you'll need to play defensively. Most of your meter gain will be completely passive, although it's a good habit to take advantage of obvious opportunities for free meter.

You'll be using meter for pretty much every thing, especially in this iteration. You can use Kishuu as a quick dash to close space. You'll use meter for your mix up and pressure strings. You'll need meter in order to do any serious combos. You'll use meter as defensive tool with Yukikaze.

Hakumen's design pretty much allows him to special cancel almost any of his normals. This is important, because by themselves, his gatlings and normals aren't nearly as effective as other members of the cast.

If all you're doing is a simple string like 5C > Zantetsu, you're opponent will adapt and it will no longer be effective.

Try practicing a couple of things like hop tsubaki, mixing kishuu cancels into your pressure strings (2B > Kishuu, 2A > Renka(1) > Kishuu, etc).

Because meter is so important to Hakumen, it will also be important to use it effectively and efficiently. You don't always have to spend every star you have in a single combo, and in most cases you won't usually want to.

So one quick question, just how safe of a pressure is 2B > kishuu then? I always thought some people just mash out of it but that might be just cause I didn't tighten my links up to well.

You can mash out of anything Hakumen does if you're set on it. It's your job to scare them into blocking so you can do some of his less tight strings.

If people are mashing our of your 2b > kishuu, replace kishuu with Gurren and make it a frame trap.  

Then when they start respecting that you can go back to 2b kishuu mixup

Also, don't be afraid to use your meter for spacing as well. Gurren is a good poke that travels a decent distance and it's +1 on block. Hotaru is good for hard call outs, especially when the opponent is trying to jump in on you.

When I end up hitting with renka I have trouble dashing towards them so i can start the loop. any tips?

Dashing towards them as in hopping/ad'ing after them after the second kick or canceling the renka into kishuu after the first kick?

If you end up hitting with renka, you might as well learn the airdash combo off of it from Extend.  Just practice, and the timing will come to you naturally after a while.

Renka, IAD, j.b, j.a, (land) 5C, > kishuu, 2c 5b, j.2a, j.2c > Agito

how do IAD?

It's a 9(5)6 input; The 9 covers the first 6 of the air dash and puts you in the air and you have to return the control to neutral before going through with the 6.

Was there a hidden nerf to Mugen? Whenever I do shipuu it seems to finish Mugen right away, I didn't see it in the listed changes for Hakumen for 1.1 so I just wanted to make sure about it.

That's because it's been that way since Extend. Mugen ends when you do Shippu or Yukikaze.

Oh ok, I didn't play Hakumen in extended so I didn't know that, huh I could of sworn I remember dicking around with shipuu in training mode with Mugen.