Spark

[CP] Hakumen Q & A: New players check here first

It only ends it if you hit them with the sword. If you hit them with the wave you should be fine.

I double checked and it had this property since at least CS2, not just Extend.

I've read that, when you do the j2a you can buffer the 9 to go further in the combo but when I try to do this by just holding the 9, it just does nothing and pushes me away...

Is there something I'm doing wronge? 

I do this by tapping 9 after j2a hits and moving back to 2 for j2c afterwards (or just release the stick for jC or do j214A, whatever). Simply holding 9 won't work since a doublejump is needed after j2a.

Yeah, you need a fresh input for the game to register it as another jump.

Ah ok, that's good then I'm not doing it wronge :p. My background is in sf so I'm not all that  fluent with the air combo's :)

Is there a way to make it like in a fluent motion? When I'm doing the combo he always laggs abit behind, when i see the video they all move in one fluent motion. thnx!

Could someone give me some advice on the following inputs. Maybe the combos are too tight but i dont think so:

I cant connect CT in 6C. opponent recovers or input is too early. (Zan(1) > CT > 6C)

secondly his new bnb(5B kishuu enma j.B 5C kishuu 6A 6b etc.) I cant connect Kishuu in 6A > 6B. same issue. I use guren 6C currently

last one is midscreen Kishuu 2C in hop tsubaki hotaru. I noticed you have to wait a splitt second after the 2C up input or the tsubaki wont show up because haku is not airborn. So I delayed the tsubaki a tiny bit, but now it misses or the oppoenet recovers(not quite sure but works in corners). 2147 motion doesnt work here (imo) so I usually input 2C 8(9) 214C

thx in advance

Could someone give me some advice on the following inputs. Maybe the combos are too tight but i dont think so:

I cant connect CT in 6C. opponent recovers or input is too early. (Zan(1) > CT > 6C)

secondly his new bnb(5B kishuu enma j.B 5C kishuu 6A 6b etc.) I cant connect Kishuu in 6A > 6B. same issue. I use guren 6C currently

last one is midscreen Kishuu 2C in hop tsubaki hotaru. I noticed you have to wait a splitt second after the 2C up input or the tsubaki wont show up because haku is not airborn. So I delayed the tsubaki a tiny bit, but now it misses or the oppoenet recovers(not quite sure but works in corners). 2147 motion doesnt work here (imo) so I usually input 2C 8(9) 214C

thx in advance

1. You have to hold the CT a little longer so it pops the opponent up a little higher, then you can link 6C in it. Hold it too long and the opponent techs.

2.  For this one, I'd just say practice it until you get it. Generally speaking, you throw out the 6A>6B as soon as Kishuu has ended.

3. This one I am not too sure about sadly. I generally don't use Hop Tsubaki>Hotaru combos(something I have to fix lol). though, are you trying to hop Tsubaki or TK Tsubaki, because it sounds like you're trying to do the latter. If so, if it functions similar to TK Hotaru, I'd say buffer the 9 as soon as 2C lands and then input the 214C quickly so it comes out. Let me know how it works out.

thx I'll try charging CT and follow up with 6C.

AS for the 3rd input issue: I dont hop its in between a combo as a follow up after 2C, so I can only try TK motion. I can perform it with cornered opponent but not midscreen(took the combo from the new vid of the combothread on this board)The combo is a follows:

> 50%  (8) 3C CH, 5C > OD > 5C > Zan(1) > CT > 5C > Kishuu > 2C  > Tsubaki > hotaru > IAD > j.C > 5C > 5C Shippu > Kishuu > 5C > 3C

The trick to the third one is in the fact that 2C is jump cancelable. Instead of doing a regular TK motion (2147C), press Up and then do the tsubaki motion.

In other words, you want to do the jump cancel before the Tsubaki, not the other way around.

Ok I'm having trouble anti airing with Hakumen. So generally against people air dashing at me I've been using 5A for quick conversions or 5B if I do it early enough, but when it comes to more jump in situations I seem to have trouble figuring out what the go to attack is for those. I know that 6A has upper body invisibility and command dash + follow up has something similar (I keep forgetting the name sorry) but that seems a little more difficult to space with and 6A I don't like using cause I can't really convert it into more damage, though I would be willing to use it more if that is pretty much the go to anti air move. I'm also not sure how reliable 2C is as an anti air either, I'm not sure if I have to do it early cause I seem to get stuffed out of it if I'm a tad late with it.

You also have Hotaru, air throw, and 5D. 2C is good if you do it early enough.

Oh and just getting out of the way and jCing.

If you want to be a total scumbag, have fun using 5D as an anti-air. ~5 frame start up and it can stay active for a long time. It's a bit more punishable, but I usually feel like a whiffed 6A is just as bad.

5D is better. You can hold it and get a real combo off it. j.D is better as an air to air or anti-anti air.

Alright thanks for the inputs guys, 5D is doing wonders and doing jC with in mind as an anti air helped a lot too. Still gotta work on the hotaru and 2C ranges but I'll be working on that.

Yeah, I find 5D to be the most reliable AA to use these days. I rarely use 2C, and 6A has been pretty good, but like you said, you don't get super good damage off it.

Just don't become one of those ass munches that decides to 5D for everything. I WILL swoop in and bypass it by fondling you inappropriately.

I'm torn between making an obvious joke and saying not to abuse 5D.

Oh yeah, 5C is a great situational anti air too.

When the opponent does a telegraphed, slow attack they can't take back, like Tager 6C, or you IB in a blockstring and want to expect a certain move, just like using a DP.

Also on wakeup sometimes to force them to respect you, but don't abuse that or you'll eat tons of throws.