Spark

[CP] Hakumen Q & A: New players check here first

Explain in more detail, if you would.

He's basically the same, just trimmed back from 1.1, which was trimmed back from 1.0.

Can anyone explain the inconsistency that I keep experiencing with Yukikaze when I'm on the 2 player side. Ignore the bad inputs. I'm talking about the ones that look like it's perfect and I still get 5D or 6D instead.

http://youtu.be/U3GUXQoYCzc

That used to happen to me too before I switched to an octagonal gate on my stick; Something that works is is just doing 236xN and then pressing D whenever you want Yukikaze to come out. 

I experimented with that possibility, and I can do it super slow when on the 1 player side and still get it to come out no problem, so I wouldn't think that's the problem. Maybe I'm pressing D too soon even though it shows up in the right order in the key logger? Whatever it is, it also impacts my Mugen activations as well when I have to do double quarter circles on the left side of the pad.

It depends what you want to do.

If you want to just land and escape after it got blocked, then lower.

If you want to follow it up with a move like jB, then higher, but it makes it easier for them to stick a move out hit you too.

It depends a lot on the character you're fighting against.  Many of them have good AAs that can be a j.b after a blocked agito, but most of the time you can probably do a falling j.b before they can react, especially if they just barely block a crossup Agito.

Hey guys i need some help with this combo right here CH 3c > 5c > OD > 5C > Zantetsu >Crush Trigger, 5C > kishuu, 2C, j.c hotaru > AD > j.2c 5C > shippu. I cant connect 5c after air dash j.2c, what could i be doing wrong?

You have to hit the J.2C pretty early when the opponent is in the air so they don't tech before you get 5C out.

You have to hit the J.2C pretty early when the opponent is in the air so they don't tech before you get 5C out.

do i need to delay airdash or jump cancel after 2c? or is TK hotaru good too?

You might need to play with the timing of the dash and j.2C, but the goal will be to hit them with j.2C as close to the ground as you can. It sounds like you're hitting them too soon and they're recovering before you can get 5C out.

Im trying to pick up hakumen, but Im having a really hard time with his normal revolving chart and everything late chaining ... That aside... Do you guys think I shuld bother trying to master some basic BnBs this late or just focus on his normal/specials and movement (which also throws me for a loop)

It's funny that you're getting thrown for a loop because you don't have to learn it.  His loop will be out in 2.0

anyway

Combos that you should learn, based on the frequency I get them:

• OD combos from all the normal starters.  Things like 5c > ODC > anything depending on how many stars you have, whether it's a air/ground hit, proximity to the corner, etc.
  • 2b late gatlings into 2a to get some nice easy frametraps going.  Learn to confirm every 2a or 2b you hit with into at least 3C for knockdown.   2a is not worth confirming outside of corner. Just 3c and hop forward or setup a mixup.  More stars for you.
  • 5a anti-air confirm into staircase is super easy, gains meter or knockdown if you want it.  Practice that because his staircase is just barely changing in the next version.
  • One thing that is going to be huge (from the looks of it) for 2.0 hakumen is an air confirm into Hotaru > AD > stuff.   Random Counterhits in the air from j.B or even j.a are almost always confirmable into Hotaru.   Then you can airdash and continue the combo.   Has tons of corner carry and will be even more meter efficient when 2.0 hits, but is still viable to do now.   

Learn when you can Kishuu to get closer to continue pressure.  Everyone expects kishuu > Grab, but it's the mixup to start with.  Then do Kishuu > 5c or something to bait jump outs, pre-emptive throw techs, stuff like that.  

Movement/Neutral:

• Work on his movement, his hop is actually really good for movement in neutral, and you can almost treat it like a wavedash to outspace some moves in neutral and punish.  Hop everywhere like a justice-infused bunny.  Just be aware that no invincibility means it is only a spacing tool.
  • His airdash is very good and fast.    Learn to IAD j.a, j.C.  If you j.a immediately after the IAD, the j.C will come out right before you hit the ground every time.  

That's all I got for now

Wow thats a fair bit more than I expected this quickly - I'll Have to get to work on it when I get back in town on Monday... 
also your avatar made me spit out my drink laughing 

what's the advantage over tk hotaru?

No jump startup on backdash.

Hotaru comes faster from a backdash than from even a perfect TK.

TK is faster than hop/backstep. You can only cancel backstep into Hotaru after 8 frames, but you can do it off TK in 4 frames.

TK is faster than hop/backstep. You can only cancel backstep into Hotaru after 8 frames, but you can do it off TK in 4 frames.

Thats not what i've been told before :|

I was told that backdash hotaru starts up in 2-3 and i never bothered to double check it lol.

The more you know.