4Corners

Zappa Videos (all versions)

Okay, I know we have the concrit thread, but personally, I'd like to also have a thread dedicated to really good Zappas/matches involving Zappa. The quickest way for me to learn is to see others doing stuff.

I'll start with a match from Eki-Chan.

GGXX:AC - 070814 G3 Exhibition - Shuuto(AX) vs. eki-chan(ZA)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41sW02bhErs

He loses, but 2:00 and his general style are kinda nice.

I actually got it during a match against a Slayer. Too good.

It's really not that hard to do against nearly any character with the right timing. If you were that kid who threw fireballs faster than the Ryu's CPU in Street Fighter II, this should be cake-walk.

lmfao, I wasn't that kid. I couldn't hadoken to save my life back in the day. I was all about the charge moves. Gogo Sonic Boom and Psycho everything.

lmfao, I wasn't that kid. I couldn't hadoken to save my life back in the day. I was all about the charge moves. Gogo Sonic Boom and Psycho everything.

Darn tootin'. If I had my juggling strongs in this game you'd all be in trouble.

Darn tootin'. If I had my juggling strongs in this game you'd all be in trouble.

:psyduck: Pot juggles everyone with pot busters, the hell're you talking about.... :psyduck:

I see Nang-in likes super jumping, that's a new trick he's been doing, huh? I think his sword is still the weakest though.... his ghosts are too good.

Nang-In's gameplay is insane.

The ghost and dog are m-effing great.

Even playing naked, he is still good.

I don't think it's that insane really. Some of the ghost gatlings with the FRCs are pretty good but most of the other stuff is just execution with some intermediate Zappa skill. Insane are the combo videos, people that FRC the sword jHS or JC in the air while continuing a combo with the dog. Obviously, it's very situational but an expert should theoretically be able to put some of it off.

Some of the combos are pulled off with strict precision. With the ghost haunting and stuff, when the various objects are thrown, he knows exactly when to change up his style to continue to beat him down. But yeah, some of the FRC's are pretty crazy to pull off.

I don't think it's that insane really. Some of the ghost gatlings with the FRCs are pretty good but most of the other stuff is just execution with some intermediate Zappa skill.

You didn't watch the whole thing, didja? Check out 4:26 =P

So, I get raped by HOS, Sol, and Dizzy. Especially HOS. Any good videos on how to play against them, or something?

Shonen v Abe. Match-up does not look like good times for Zapps. D:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH-cpZSiTWk

I don't think Abe knows that matchup too well... for one thing, he kept getting into the air when he could have run at least half the times he jumped. Zappa can go under the blood nets, yaknow :vbang:

Anyways, vs HOS, Sol, and Dizzy matches are surprisingly hard to come by... And most of the time when you do find some, one of the players is... subpar, so you don't get a good idea of what to do.

Sad times. One of Colorado's best plays both of them, and raped me HARD last night. Imma run to the match-up boards in a sec and start a HOS thread. D: Any good vids v Testament?

Sad times. One of Colorado's best plays both of them, and raped me HARD last night.

Imma run to the match-up boards in a sec and start a HOS thread. D:

Any good vids v Testament?

Here, I'll start it since I've got some good matchup experience.

Vs testament, I dunno... I've fought Jamie, and the best advice I can give is to be patient. The smarter and more patient you are, the better chance you have of seeing holes.