4Corners

Zappa Videos (all versions)

There are lots of Zappa nice videos coming out recently. Lots of small championships too, so I think that's enough for us to keep watching and loving this game and character! :D

I'll post some videos from a championship we have organized here in Brazil recently, please check it out!

Cheers! TAS-TAS-TAS-TAS-TASUKETE

Anyone want tickets to the Zappa show? This dude is pretty damn good.

EDIT: Zappa starts at 21:15. The link didn't embed right.

Anyone want tickets to the Zappa show? This dude is pretty damn good.

EDIT: Zappa starts at 21:15. The link didn't embed right.

I found that video yesterday. He's really excellent and I especially like how he's aggressive like me.

There's new AC+R match vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEJtI1Wqh3o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flD4j6JORQM

Chikushou's dog is either not developed yet or there have been changes to the recovery. I can't tell which but I know a bad dog when I see one. The new ghost j2S looks pretty awesome, I wonder if it's an overhead (probably not). We'll have to put a lot more work into the sword, it's like a whole new summon. At the end of one the videos, he does a familiar 5S, 2S, 5HS sword combo and the 5HS moves past the opponent without connecting. Also watch at 5:22 in the first video (vs Axl) and notice the naked f5S puddle seems to knockdown where it used to stagger.

Yeah I noticed all of those. The dog does look slower interms of startup and recovery frames. And the sword whiffs do have my concerned although as a whole the sword does appear stronger. I am happy about the spit knocking down. Also did anybody notice how Zappa's summon otg's? If the opponent is knocked down and the Zappa hits him/her with a summon they get knocked up as if they were standing rather then put them in quick tech state. The means if we have meter we can get full combos off of a naked airthrow. BUFF!!!!

I am happy about the spit knocking down.

I don't know about this, I think it depends if it's still a low. I liked the stagger but I guess it will still work because I used the stagger as time to summon and this is similar.

Actually I just realized that the spit change is a nerf. I think it is in response to the dog's unblockable bit (or did they take that out)? Zappa's in Japan will often use the last part of the f.S to keep the opponent in blockstun long enough to get hit by the dog's 2D. However now, if the opponent gets hit by the spit and gets put in the air, when the dog bites them they might be able to tech before they hit the ground.

Naked 2H no longer stagger either :[

Zoog, the dog's bite is no longer unblockable. They changed it to being a level 5(4?) move that just has shitloads of blockstun. I'm gonna miss the spit and 2H staggers, but maybe there's some gold here we haven't found yet. OTG summon combos are looking like sexy additions to Zappa's gameplan, and air fireballs with Raoh look like they recover fast enough to be a decent projectile for him. He was using, I'm guessing, the new ghost j.2s with j.h to create some neat impromptu pressure, so I'm thinking that can be fleshed out to be nasty.

Edited by Valentine

4D+D is still an overhead though, I think. If the f5S is still a low, we could work with that, since it'll give a knockdown where the bite used to. Now what the hell am I supposed to do with naked 2H!? I wonder if it combo better from S now?

Yeah now I remember they did remove the unblockable bite but I also remembered they made the bite a ridiculously low level now. I actually think Lvl. 4 or 5 is too high compared to what they actually made it. I hope they didn't follow through with that though. Besides that I'm sad 2H stagger is gone. Dog still looks very threatening and the of course his other summons keep getting better every version.

Did they change it so that if the dog gets hit and you're close that you'll get hit too?

I doubt this will ever happen. When a move is active, unless it's multihitting, it will use up its "hit" on either Zappa or the dog, whichever is closer. I use the dog as a sacrifice to eat hits for me all the time, then dash in and summon. It's part of Zappa's bag of bullshit :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50AN-IgYn1Q Changes from the loketest stream (and linked back here!)

Are all versions of Darkness Anthem super slow now?

Edited by Valentine

Chonari establishing S+ tier.

I cannot wait to play with new Zappa. I was worried about him after the initial patch notes, but seeing him in action is just beautiful.