Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ivanchu77

Ultimate Gay Fighter

Please tell me this is only a joke video and it isn't actually going to be released like Divekick.

I can't see any reason why a stupid product like this wouldn't be released. This seems like a hell of a lot of effort for a joke, even if it's not enough effort for making a decent game. People release terrible excuses for games all the time in the indie market. I know people that have paid for worse indie games, and I've tried some of them. *Shrug* At least those games weren't proud of being offensive to people like this game is. I don't want to bother clicking the link to their website, but if anyone wants to check for me, do they give the age of the developers? I'm guessing some high school kids made this over a summer and think they're going to be millionaires.

But anyway, to give you guys some frame of reference, there are games that are free to download, labeled "free to play", yet require micro transactions to advance beyond the tutorial. Then, the devs have figured out a way to link to a person's iTunes or whatever other account is used to purchase stuff on their phones, and the transactions will go through from pushing the in-game button without any confirmation. It's straight up targeted to exploit parents that hand their fancy equipment to their kids to get them to shut up. Kids get the free game because they don't have to pay for it, then there's no need for a credit card because it auto detects one of the parent's accounts (such as iTunes) and charges that. I've heard that in some places... I think Germany was the example... it'll go straight onto your phone bill. Most of those stories that circulate on the internet about "HELP MY KID BOUGHT $6000 WORTH OF GAME STUFF ON MY PHONE" misreport what happened. The parents are at fault for being negligent, but they didn't exactly hand their kid a credit card or confirm any sort of payment. They just unlocked their phone so their kid could be distracted by insert-something-that-isn't-parents-here while mommy drinks her pina colada (no idea if I spelled that right). If that's not illegal, you can't expect shitty products to be stopped by the quality control department.