LegendaryRath

[P4AU] Mitsuru Kirijo Changelist Thread

Please post any information regarding Mitsuru's changes in this thread. This post will only change to show information that has a source, preferably a video link. Throughout the next several weeks, I will be updating this thread with changes that have been confirmed.

Please move all other topics to the P4U2 Gameplay Discussion Thread.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Although the three loketests gave us a good deal of information on where Mitsuru was heading, it only painted a small picture. There is only so much that can be found out through twitter. Without much footage available to watch, it was difficult to confirm much as fact. Furthermore, most of the changes made evolved from one version to the next. It is likely that a large portion of the changes we have heard of up until this point won't make it into the arcade release.

With P4U2's arcade release comes a chance to observe footage and compile information which will allow us to understand the current version of Mitsuru better. I will be updating this post with all of the information posted in this thread, doing my best to link video examples of each change. Hopefully this will paint a clear picture to anyone who is curious about the meaning of something. Information will be categorized and sorted as buffs, nerfs, and general information. Please keep in mind that we are not comparing the current version of Mitsuru to the past three loketests. We are comparing her to how she is in P4A, the current console version.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Next to each change there is a link to an example of it, shown by "***"

Buffs:

• 2DD ground slides now, allowing for easier confirms. ***
  • New move: Tentarafoo, an ice wave projectile that inflicts confusion. Hits low. ***
  • 5B is now forward dash cancel-able. ***
  • 5A is now backdash cancel-able. ***
  • 5C is now backdash cancel-able. ***
  • Bufula can no longer appear off stage, allowing for easier use of it in corner combos and possibly oki. Applies to all versions. ***
  • Throw buff, opponents can't tech until hitting the ground. Makes for better oki off throw and easier combos in the corner. *** edit: I believe this player late teched
  • 5B now has a feint! (sort of) Can be canceled early into most normals or specials.*** ***
  • Nearly all of Mitsuru's A and B normals are short-hop cancel-able
  • 2B and [2B] have increased hitstun. This is an important part of Mitsuru's new combos.

Nerfs:

• Significant damage nerf across the board. We saw it coming.
  • B Coup Droit has fatal recovery, a counterhit state where any move will fatal counter it. ***
  • Bufudyne has fatal recovery. ***
  • 2AB (Sweep) no longer fatal counters. ***
  • D Bufula reduced from 3 hits to only 1. ***
  • B Coup > 2A no longer works in the corner. SB Coup > 2A still does.
  • Can no longer combo off 2D. 2DD should be used instead.
  • 5DD prorates poorly now. Full combos are possible, but with far less damage than before.
  • SB Bufula appears further away than before, going offscreen if used midscreen. Potentially makes setups midscreen more difficult. ***

General Information:

[*]Mitsuru has a new autocombo that works at near max range 5A. Shadow Mitsuru keeps the old one. ***

[*]D bufula now appears midscreen and slowly moves towards Mitsuru. Also reduced to being only 1 hit. ***

[*]Bufufyne is still air unblockable, even though it was changed shortly in the loketests.

[*]2DD, 5DD, and j.DD all travel differently on hit. They can all be confirmed but differently than before.

[*]Fatal Counter [5B] still crumples on hit, allowing plenty of time for confirms.

Edited by LegendaryRath

I'm going to work on updating this soon. It will become easier as we get more footage. Soon, either Jourdal or myself will make a P4U2 video thread and once that's open, I would prefer for videos to be linked there.

Most of the changes from the 2nd & 3rd loctests seem intact. Here's the day 1 notes I tweeted: http://pastebin.com/KCGDX4F8

Thanks for all the info ShardZ, you da bessssst. Do you have a skype or twitter I could chat with you on? Just in case something comes to mind that would be useful to test.

I did notice a Mitsuru do SB bufula in the corner. So she still has oki, but yeah, costs meter. The follow up would also cost meter to get the most out of her corner damage.

Just opened a P4U2 Mitsuru Gameplay Discussion Thread. I appreciate everything so far, but lets move all discussion and speculation there. If anything important comes up in discussion, I'll add it to this thread.

Unless posts link to a video or trustworthy source, I would prefer to keep them over there.