Anne

[P4AU] Aigis General Gameplay Discussion

P4U2_Header_Gameplay_Discussion.png

Same as the old thread, just for P4U2. Talk about all things Aigis, keep it gameplay related, and remember to follow site rules.

Final Change List
  • Boosting and performing Orgia actions consumes noticeably less gauge
  • New move j.2C: Looks like 5C but is in the air
  • New move 2C: Large anti air move on the gorund, Fatals
  • New move air roll: Aigis does a roll in the air, consume some orgia gauge
  • New super Orion: air command grab super. Flies forward and grabs.
  • Hover input changed to 2A+B in the air.
  • Proration nerf on Megido, looks to have slightly lower damage in combos but still relatively high damage.
  • Megido is more negative on block.
  • New autocombo. 5A > tiger knee > air gun > air mortar > shield super
  • 214A/B can now be performed in the air
  • Projectile invuln added to Pandora missile
  • j.C has far less untech time on Counter Hit
  • j.B > j.B combos on crouching.
  • Can boost twice, boost from the ground then boost again in the air.
  • More to come as it is confirmed.

Alright ! 
P4U2 Frame data \o/
http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Aigis_Frame_Data_(P4AU)
FULL Changelog of what happened : https://t.co/JMkJZq2iPk

v1.1 changes

AIGIS
Furious Action
- Blow-off on a counter hit has been changed and the opponent can now tech from it
Radical Cannon
- Now explodes only when you release the button
Orion
- Now also catches the opponents standing on the ground
Heavenly Spear
- SB-version damage nerfed
- Attack now starts after the screen blackout
Edited by AnneIFrank

4k4 out of sweep confirmed by Mui on stream, sweep > j.B > 5A > 5C > jC > usual path. (http://puu.sh/5uPMZ.png rip yukari) still works.

Also doesn't she have a new air move too? She didn't land beforehand, looks like 5C but in the air http://puu.sh/5uP7o.jpg she did it multiple times.

autocombo 2nd hit looks like a good mixup too cause orgia can j.B afterwards.

Also apparently juggle 5A > j.C is a thing that leads to double megido for 25 too (in the corner at least).

So double megido still practical.

Friend's getting the video off of the stream, shall I post it here or wait for the video thread since it's still a kinda global video of the changes and not actual matches so it would fit here more?

I didn't see any 2C tho.

Edited by Falco252

Video thread is gonna be up in like 10 minutes.

Edit: it's up.

The new air move is j.2C, it was added at the 2nd loketest. Also the orgia gauge buff looks massive.

S-Aigis still has 5AA > mode change and some other stuff. I saw somebody get a sweep > j.B > shadow OD thing > D spear > j.C > SB Megido > SB cannon > C Spear and it really hurt even after the 20% damage loss. Looked really similar to current Aigis just with lower damage.

Edited by AnneIFrank

from what I observe

orgia dashing from neutral have less gauge consumption while orgia dashing from a move has more gauge consumption might be wrong though gonna watch more vids after work

also

Orgia meter doesn't recover as fast as before though orgia meter during overheat recovers fast like the vanilla ver.

guess giving us reason B-change out of Orgia

Boosting from neutral and boost cancelling do have different values, both still considerably lower. Overheating actually is about 3 second longer than it is in Vanilla, still a bad idea to overheat unless you're forced to.

https://twitter.com/_Goburn_/status/405934190396325889 here's a tweet of the general values of orgia actions but I'm unsure on a couple things.

Edited by AnneIFrank

hope it sticks

O.o radical cannon projectile wall bounces

watch out when the Aigis drop the combo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0s59kTK4vus&t=180

Kinda weird to look at haha I wonder how will it be use as this game progress

also on the same match orion super was use but it didn't connect though it travel fast and has quite some range

also Megido C is Fatal State not sure about the other version prolly the same

Hop>Air roll

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_0lBlMRn2bY&t=1287

a little bit after on the same match you can see that both ver of Radical Cannon have change Trajectory

Edited by lolokoa

You could always boost cancel throws if you were in orgia and you still need orgia to do megido so throw cancelling into megido isn't that special. Now, if you can throw cancel into stuff from normal mode, possibly into 22A+B for full combos and whatnot, that'd be interesting.

That's what I meant by the old glitch. You'd do 2366C after throw and it was actually a boost that went into Megido but didn't use up the gauge for boosting. It might be that glitch is still in.

The air command grab only hits airborne opponents, right? I saw some guy who kept trying to use it on a standing opponent... -_-

Projectile invulnerability on pandora missle is pretty cool, if only because I love how flashy that move is and I make up reasons to use it.

Projectile invuln on missiles is actually really nice, it should help change some MUs unless it ends up being too slow or something. I'll be honest and say I'm a bit confused why she got it when she already dealt with projectiles well enough in P4U, but I won't reject having it, it's a nice tool to have.

The way Aigis combos now looks like we can actually play Valk in P4 lol. I'm pretty excited about the orgia meter buff, and the fact that mode change combos can actually be a thing. The buff in movement and those combos will immensely help the neutral game. Aigis looks way too strong in this iteration.

So, this isn't the most important thing in the world, but I noticed when I was playing today: The neutral Orgia dash is now 66 on the ground, but when canceling out of normals, or doing Orgia dash out of the air, you can still just hold 6, so don't worry about having to do annoying 66 inputs in the middle of combos.

Still an interesting thing to know, ty !

Since we had locktest notes being kinda unclear about this too.

The air command grab only hits airborne opponents, right? I saw some guy who kept trying to use it on a standing opponent... -_-

Well it doesn't have landing recovery so it can be used as an escape tool, I'm guessing this is the way he used it in this cases.

Anyone have any questions about Aigis they want tested before I leave Nipponland?

Edited by Chumaralupa

Anyone have any questions about Aigis they want tested before I leave Nipponland?

Oh hi there. I want to know if double boost eats your double jump, how fast is j.B > hover cancel > air turn > attack, will 5A > jump back Orion catch somebody jumping out doing an air backdash, can you tiger knee Orion or is there some dumb height limit.

Most combo stuff i've had answered for me by now So I'm just curious how double boost and double jumping work and what kind of strings you can make. I also want to figure out if there is some utility for Orion or if it's just ass -_-

So far her options have felt the same as P4U1, but I will try these things out next time I stop by. TBH so far I haven't even attempted Orion even once in a real match but I do have a couple of ideas for a tech punish with it.

So far her options have felt the same as P4U1, but I will try these things out next time I stop by. TBH so far I haven't even attempted Orion even once in a real match but I do have a couple of ideas for a tech punish with it.

Neat, thank you so much. With double boost and hovercancel I'd expect new fuzzies and stuff. Also I'm wondering if 5AA > boost cross up > boost overhead is a thing or if it's too long to input the second boost before you hit the ground -_- or if you could do hover cancel overhead or something of the sort. All the routes I expected to be there are there and safejumps look all intact so that's neat, the only thing I'm really curious about is using the new mobility and if Orion can force respect.

Sorry for the late reply, as my time here is nearing the end, I've not had much time to visit the arcade.

Anyways, 5AA into double boost doesn't work, but in Orgia mode you can either do a air-turn jb crossup and try to make it ambiguous, or go for a diagonal downwards orgia boost crossup which is slightly harder to time.

Hover canceling doesn't feel like the gem we want it to be, and honestly feels like a waste of orgia meter that could be used otherwise. If you're on the ground and do a forward Orgia dash (66) you can hover cancel a jB or whatever, but at that height doing another jB will extend Aigis' hitbox far enough down that you'll land cancel before the move becomes active. This can be kinda useful for doing Hover into a low though because opponent may try to react to the jB animation coming out and instinctively block high. Hover canceling at that height does let jA hit for 1 or 2 hits though (not sure what the consistency issue was) which will let you land and connect a 5A into whatever you want.

Doing a full jump in jB into hover cancel will let you do another jB if you want but you'd better be like right on top of them or the first jB will push them too far away for the second to hit.

Her new Orgia straight through dash (jAB) is just annoying, and I've yet to find a really good use for it yet, it's only purpose so far is to accidentally come out when I get...... Extra sloppy on my inputs, and fuck me up. You CAN dash through bursts with it if you see it coming, but there's very few times I can think of where you couldn't just jump cancel instead and save the Orgia meter. I suppose though that maybe it's a way to get past zoning tools? It's recovery just feels so obnoxious that I'd rather not use it.

The training mode in arcade will be getting a nice update on the 16th but I won't be here anymore for that, so at the moment training mode is pretty limited in what you can test, especially since I can't make them block.

One last interesting thing I've noticed is that, in P4U1 when I started combos with a 5A, jB, throw or Fatal AoA I could only tack on one jB after an EX Megido before ending the combo with a D Megido. Now I'm able to do a full jB->jBjC->D Megido off of 5A starters and jB starter. So now in the corner off of a 5A I can get almost 4k with just an EX Megido and a little over 3k midscreen with EX Megido. Definitely excited for the console release to try a bunch of other combo path options without having to put in a dollar every 5 minutes lol.

I doubt I'll be able to make it to the arcade again before I leave, but I hope this answered a few questions. I think if I do have a chance to hop in quickly again I'll see if 5AA Orgia dash hover cancel turn around orgia dash for the double crossup waste-of-meter-yolo-swag-mix-up works :)

But yeah, the game is awesome, messing around with Shadow Berzerk combos with aigis is fun as well although the 80% damage nerf to Shadow characters is sorta demoralizing and makes a lot of the possibilities pointless. But maybe the small buff they're getting on the 16th will help.

Thanks for the input. I'm sure there is tons of potential here, just need time and enough playing around with movement and block options on different characters long enough. If Orion works like how I think it does, all orgia air throw resets from vanilla can become super resets, and air dodge will probably be good for getting out of AUB setups.. Hover cancel should be great with air turn, as well, if j2b still is useful as in vanilla and you can still get stupid burst safe routes with it or backwards hitting j. a

Yeah, I do have some ideas for air resets with Orion, but a lot of the air resets I know about are beaten by neutral air techs, which a lot of seasoned GG and BB players do from experience. Definitely a good way to condition people though.

You're right about Orgia dash through being able to get out of some unblockable setups, although we're already blessed by a wakeup backdash option lol. I still think that Hover is just not worth the meter it uses, Aigis' mixup was already the best, I don't think it needs much help. Maybe you'll understand how clunky it feels to me once you get ahold of the game. Since Orgia meter charges up slower than in Vanilla I've been trying to be much more conservative with it than I used to be, so I really have a hard time condoning the use of hover as a mixup tool.