Anne

[P4AU] Aigis General Gameplay Discussion

I had a friend translate our 2.0 notes. Guys. I don't think we're ready for this.

Collapsed: Because REASONS.:
5A(Shadow)

・No pushback on hit (?)

5AA (Normal)

・Smaller window to input moves (?)

・Possible to aerial backdash

5AAA (Shadow)

・Groundbounces

・Autocombo special is Radical Cannon B

5B

・Recovery decreased

・Can gatling into itself up to 3 times.

2C

・Larger lower and horizontal hitbox.

・Increased untechable time.

・Air-unblockable

・Persona appears further forward.

222C

・Activation sped up.

JC

・J2C is harder to whiff

J2C

・Activation sped up.

・Less recovery.

5D&JD

・Persona appears further behind.

・Persona counterattack starts up faster (?)

JD

・Untechable time increased.

2D&J2D

・Activation sped up in Extreme Orgia Mode.

・First hit is an overhead in Extreme Orgia Mode.

2D

・Recovery decreased

JD&J2D

・Persona doesn't start moving until later, longer window for the counter.

All-out attack

・Invincibility kicks in LATER.

・Recovery decreased

Ground throw

・Can't reversal-burst the explosion.

Escape Change

・Blowback on CH is changed, no longer wallbounces.

・Less recovery on hit.

Gatling Blast all versions

・Recovery decreased

・Changed hit state on air hit with 0 bullets.

Gatling Blast A (0 bullets)

・Doesn't float on grounded opponents.

Gatling Blast SB (0 bullets)

・Increased untechable time

・Wallbounces in the corner.

Radical Cannon all versions

・Activation sped up on grounded A and SB versions.

・B version and all air versions have less recovery.

Radical Cannon A

・Mortar speed increased.

Radical Cannon B

・Mortar has higher trajectory.

Radical Cannon SB

・2nd mortar fires later

Vulcan Cannon

・Trajectory changes when the button is held.

・Landing recovery added on the trajectory change.

・Can only be done once in the air if at 0 bullets.

Mode Change SB

・Overall recovery decreased (?)

・Rises higher when used in normal mode.

・Invincibility added while rising when used in normal mode.

Mode Change B

・Increased the amount of Orgia gauge recovered when used in Orgia mode.

Orgia Boost

・Upwards and downards move speed increased.

・Executes faster when used after Hovering or Air Boost.

・Consumes less gauge when used after Hovering.

・Adjusted the conditions under which the move will come out. Harder to miss-input (?)

Boost Hovering

・Inputting 2 for awhile ends the move

・Easier to maintain air momentum (?)

Air Boost

・Invincibility comes out faster.

・Move speed adjusted, actual movement comes out later (?)

・Latter half of the animation can be cancelled with normals and specials.

Megido Fire all versions

・C version Fatal recovery removed.

・Decreased recovery on grounded C and D versions.

Pandora Missile Launcher D

・Longer invincibility on air version.

Goddess Shield SB

・Activation sped up.

・Invincibility wears off in the middle of the move (?)

Machine Gun Orion all versions

・Easier to land the followup after the catch (?)

・Possible to manually change the direction

Heavenly Spear C

・Fatal Counter removed.

Extreme Orgia Mode

・No longer requires Persona broken to execute.

・Sillhouette no longer shows when taking damage (graphical change only)

Orgia Gauge

・Less gauge is consumed when taking damage.

・More gauge is consumed when using Orgia moves.

During Orgia Mode

・The following moves are jump-cancellable

(5AAA, 2A, 5B, sweep)

Persona attacks

・For the following moves, Persona is invincible between the time it appears and when the move becomes active.

(5C、2C, 222C、JC、J2C)

Orgia EXO is real, oh my God.

So aside from the Vulcan Cannon nerf and Orgia moves taking up more gauge, Aigis just got buffed all-around?

Daaaang.

Business as usual 

The EXO buff is really hype though

・For the following moves, Persona is invincible between the time it appears and when the move becomes active.

(5C、2C, 222C、JC、J2C)

So Mixed-Chan is the second list of changes the only one that's relevant? Or are both lists accurate?

Ho-chan's translation of the 2.0 patch notes.

So Mixed-Chan is the second list of changes the only one that's relevant? Or are both lists accurate?

I'm assuming by "second list" you mean the one I posted vs. Ho-chan's? Or do you mean the loketest notes I asked Sourenga to translate for us? If it's the loketest/wiki stuff, that's both... outdated and confirmed. 2C's hitbox has been adjusted (hits crouchers), but the patch notes now reveal it's AUB. Meterless double Megido is back. Radical Cannon air versions faster, changed trajectory on B. &c. The patch notes and video demo substantiate what was released by ASW in the pre-loketest change log as well as the info Sourenga translated. The rest of the 2.0 changes sound like ... um ... well, very nice bonuses. (Okay, yeah, we got buffed.)

As for the two lists, well, the translation I had a friend do and Ho-chan's seem to be entirely congruent. It just looks like the Evernote didn't include anything past C Spear losing Fatal Counter. The Orgia EXO notes are in the patch log, as the friend I had do the translation work was skimming and suddenly started swearing, "Oh my God, they changed Orgia EXO." "Wait, it's match-practical now?!" "Yeah, they removed one of the conditions. Guess. I dare you." "... it can only be persona-break." "FUCK YOU HOW DID YOU GET THAT I HATE YOU FUCK THIS CHARACTER." For the record, I didn't do the actual translating, just assisted, because Aigis is a pain in the ass to translate and there were lines about changing the on-hit properties of Gatling when out of ammo, so we'll have to wait for training mode vids to see exactly what those are (the patch notes didn't specify).

So, uh, yeah, Shadow Aigis's autocombo changed, C Spear no longer Fatals, we're losing gauge on offence but not defence, we have an AUB anti-air, 5B>5B>5B... other things... GOLD BURST > GATLING > 22B > GOIN' INTO OVERDRIVE NOW REAL.

Yaayyy I thought we were getting some serious damage nerfs for megido and radical but it looks like it was reverted :)

I'm happy then. Thanks mixed-chan

Yaayyy I thought we were getting some serious damage nerfs for megido and radical but it looks like it was reverted :)

I'm happy then. Thanks mixed-chan

No, we're almost certainly getting a damage nerf. In the video ASW released, Orion did 2542; it currently does 3080. The system notes from the change log stated that several characters had their combo rates changed, and given the plethora of buffs plus our already stupidly high damage, it would be surprising if Aigis's combo rate wasn't lowered. It might not be the 10% drop Xie speculated from the loke but I'm sure our damage is going down.

Guys I need to vent. I feel like I'm the only one who just doesn't feel that spark when I play Aigis. I just feel bored, especially on offense like I feel like I didn't really work for the 4-5 mixups into at least 3.3k damage. I mean I really enjoyed her arena. I don't know, I just don't feel a love for the character anymore, I feel bad for it too. ;_;

Nah good people don't block tri jump. Fuzzy stuff etc. I mean look at arcade/tournament footage, her mixup is literally unreactible and her damage and setups are so rewarding just for guessing wrong once. Work with me here, you've played me before, I'm at least decent.

Nah good people don't block tri jump. Fuzzy stuff etc. I mean look at arcade/tournament footage, her mixup is literally unreactible and her damage and setups are so rewarding just for guessing wrong once. Work with me here, you've played me before, I'm at least decent.

Good players will make it harder for you to get that chance and respect. My experience from playing online is I just boost at people and they let me win neutral fro free in some fashion so I have tons of gauge to blow on mix ups but it's okay because they'll A) disrespect a safe string and die or B) get hit by the overhead so much that by the time j.C becomes an option it's just unblockable.

Strong players make you spend more gauge in neutral (usually) and have the mental capacity to take guesses and force you to condition them into allowing those mix ups to happen. Out of all of the random people I've played online literally none have forced me to do this. Then I fight LK, Alex, Bace, etc. and this becomes a glaring issue. The mix up is unreactable, the conditioning and mental game to make it happen is much harder vs strong opponents.

Honesty time? Maybe you're neutral just isn't good and you're wasting your orgia on bad approaches.

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask, but what exactly do you do when Aigis is in Orgia? I'm one of those mediocre players who doesn't quite know what to do when I see her fly in, aside from DP and hope for the best.

Honesty time? Maybe you're neutral just isn't good and you're wasting your orgia on bad approaches.

Shrug. I'm just telling you how it goes online. Good players will force you to burn gauge and will ask you to structure your mix up in a more thoughtful way. In vanilla the MU actually was try to force the orgia out of her so if she popped you it would hurt less and she'd have to repressure you for a better turn. In P4U2 that's not exactly viable cause boost buffs but the same principle applies. People will force varied approaches and varied mix up, or you just run the same shit because it'll work.

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask, but what exactly do you do when Aigis is in Orgia? I'm one of those mediocre players who doesn't quite know what to do when I see her fly in, aside from DP and hope for the best.

It's pretty MU specific. Best plan is to understand her approach and the spacings she threatens you in and try to move around them or be proactive. Don't be whiff things and make sure you keep a huge eye on where you can and can't react to thigns. I'd avoid DPing with any character since the amount of risk is like stupid high.

It's pretty MU specific. Best plan is to understand her approach and the spacings she threatens you in and try to move around them or be proactive. Don't be whiff things and make sure you keep a huge eye on where you can and can't react to thigns. I'd avoid DPing with any character since the amount of risk is like stupid high.

Where can I find her gameplan? I won't lie, I have absolutely no idea about how Aigis works, aside from watching out for bullets and how Orgia will ruin one's day.

Where can I find her gameplan? I won't lie, I have absolutely no idea about how Aigis works, aside from watching out for bullets and how Orgia will ruin one's day.

Here I guess? The basic idea is in non orgia she's a normal character. In orgia she kind of just has a set of spacings where she can threaten you pretty hard and try to force herself onto you. If you understand where those spacing are or where the angles are, you fight to stay in those spacings. If 2B is a problem you probably need to spend more time on the ground or look for chances to roll or times to bully and stuff her.

Alright, should I look through Aigis' threads to find the specifics, or watch match videos, or just ask you to explain? Because I have no idea what her ranges/angles are.

I play Rise, so when I see a raw 2B, I usually just answer with a 2C of my own.

Um, watch videos and play against her I guess. You just have to be really mindful of spacing with her and proactive of taking any advantage you get.