Anne

[P4AU] Aigis General Gameplay Discussion

Honesty time? Maybe you're neutral just isn't good and you're wasting your orgia on bad approaches.

Aigis herp-derps on knockdown and she does have her area (of neutral) of the fight she dominates pretty well. Problem is when you're playing someone that's aware of it and knows how to fight it it becomes an issue. I think her neutral greatly improved in this game because of forward walk (the one thing I wanted most), the boost, and less consumption of meter (or was it just an increase in general?). If the opponent isn't running into j.c all day and not scared of Aigis in orgia mode it's a struggle. When I played her in vanilla (where her approach couldn't be varied very well because of the linear options) I felt like it was the neutral that was winning or losing me games.

Mellis was probably wrong in saying you were playing bad players, but since you came to the board to vent about how boring she is I think the chances are you did/do. There are characters in this game with buttons, movement, and specials that fight her well (options). Coupled with a strong player that understands the game and how to play the matchup, it gets rough. I just don't think it's as easy as you think it is. I group neutral together with both offense and defense, so it's just not computing in my brain how boring her offense is.

New to Aigis, any advices on combos, neutral and oki?

Ummm, no offense or anything, but aren't you practically asking how to do everything?

He's asking what her 'gameplan' is.

Her best moves, easy confirm BnBs off of her blockstrings, and what to do after you score a combo that presumably ends in knockdown.

It's not that much information.

Something minor I noticed:

First hit of 2C is air unblockable now? Unless this was always the case.

EDIT: Just saw it was added in 2.0 in the patch notes, my bad. Damage does seem to be down from 800 to 700 though.

Yeah, its AUB and hits standing opponents now. Players are actually frame trapping with it now because of the delay, and it catches fuzzy jump super hard.

Quick question: 

I've been doing mortar loop combos, but I never see them being pulled off in any match vids I watch or even from the other Aigis player I mirror on occaision.  Are they just not optimal or just ill advised in actual matches?

The situation to go into them just doesn't happen all that much to be honest.

Ah, makes sense.  Burns meter like crazy too.  Eh, back to the lab....

2B(1)>j.B    

Having an awful time trying to figure out how to land it properly, and have resorted to using 2B(1)>5B as a confirm instead, though it means I have to alter certain combos in order to get the knock down I want.  Is there some trick to getting 2B(1)>j.B?  It's the only thing I haven't really mastered combo wise and while not frustrating, I would like to do more standard combos.

Double post, I know, but I've noticed this thread is pretty dry....

do you mean 2B > forward boost j.B or 2B > jump cancel j.B? either way its just a timing issue since 2B bullets have like no hitstop. for forward boost you have to hit 6 about as soon a you see the 2B animation coming out. I don't see 2B(1) > j.B being a hit confirm as much as it is a mixup string though, unless your talking about a jump cancel j.B for anti air 2B confirm instead of forward orgia boost...

do you mean 2B > forward boost j.B or 2B > jump cancel j.B? either way its just a timing issue since 2B bullets have like no hitstop. for forward boost you have to hit 6 about as soon a you see the 2B animation coming out. I don't see 2B(1) > j.B being a hit confirm as much as it is a mixup string though, unless your talking about a jump cancel j.B for anti air 2B confirm instead of forward orgia boost...

Jump cancel, apologies for the confusion. Didn't even know you could forward boost 2B into j.B.

I was referring to 2B pickup after D Megido