Anne

[P4AU] Aigis General Gameplay Discussion

Ah by the way, I saw a throw from a random aigis video, it definitely didn't do 2k damage, it was a bit more than in P4A tho (10XX IIRC)

By the way is the radical canon change supposed to remove air mortar loops or something? cause else it's like the most insignificant nerf(?) ever.

I'm looking to possibly to pick up Aigis when this version of the game comes out, what are some stuff with Orgia mode should I spend some time getting used to or learning to manage with the original P4A in like training mode and such?

Practice your combos, blockstrings and movement. Aigis isn't getting nerfed so everything except Triple Megido combos will still work in the next version.

Oh is Aigis generally the same character in the next iteration? I didn't look at the change list cause I wouldn't know what it means cause I only dabbled with the character just a tiny bit.

I think the only nerf was the startup and untechable time on her j.C, also does anyone know of those cannon loops still work? I think somebody mentioned it getting removed in the last update.

I think the only nerf was the startup and untechable time on her j.C, also does anyone know of those cannon loops still work? I think somebody mentioned it getting removed in the last update.

The change to Radical Cannon is that we have to manually detonate the explosion by releasing the button. I would assume players with decent execution can still do the loop, since the timing in the corner doesn't look too strict (out of the corner... well, playing Aigis means we do a lot of spacing checks), but I have no proof and don't know what (if any) change this will have on timing or match-practicality... j.214A > j.C (or any ground-to-air conversion > j.214A/j.C pick-up) looks like an easy way to get blown up by a burst if you don't bait it. Looking at the video, the air mortar loops pre-Megido are burstable and a burst would blow Aigis full screen. Megido is still going to eat bursts alive, but it seems like the longer the air cannon loop, the better the odds of getting blown up. At least that's my impression. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Those loops often used a OMB, so, again, not sure how match-practical it is. With the Shos, possibly Ken and Koromaru, Yukari, and the buffs to Yosuke (Yosuke: more damage, more options, new Awakening super that tracks for 25SP + Sukukaja install, can land knockdowns now; Mitsuru: less damage, better options, can't crouch under 5A but can beat her 5A with a sweep) in play, high-level Aigis is still crazy strong but I wouldn't be OMBing unless it was the last round and I had a huge life lead.

I'm looking to possibly to pick up Aigis when this version of the game comes out, what are some stuff with Orgia mode should I spend some time getting used to or learning to manage with the original P4A in like training mode and such?

Well, you aren't going to be spending the whole match in Orgia. So I'd work on non-Orgia options as well, because you're not going to do much in Orgia unless you know how to use Aigis's tools to get in and out of Orgia safely, apply pressure, open up opponents, etc. Her buttons are very different from the rest of the casts', so you'll be messing around to feel out her range quite a bit.

In Orgia, don't ever get in the habit of just holding 6 to dash in; you will be punished by any low-profile move and be put in the corner. Also, figure out how you want to use the Orgia game. You will inevitably be put in a situation where Orgia is low and you have to choose between deactivating off 5C (which will halt your offence and give an opponent a win if you're low on health) or taking the overheat and stalling with mixup. You're going to want to get into Orgia, do your thing, deactivate, and repeat, but if you spend your gauge chasing after an opponent with boosts or doing boost jumps to try to open them up, you have to choose between converting the confirm into Megido and overheat (use your meter to super after the Megido) or do the 5C deactivate ... at which point you will probably try to get back to avoid retaliation, which doesn't always work. If you're low on Orgia, in Awakening, and have more than 100 meter, then I always opt to take the overheat with SB Megido > Spear so that I can at least contest the round. You can do solid pressure even in overheat -- I've done it and I'm a complete novice. You won't get much damage but I've locked opponents down long enough to get Orgia back.

Out of Orgia, ground throw > OMC is a friend of yours. In Orgia, you can confirm off air throws by chasing in with boost. Be careful with 5D/j.D; always tap C as soon as the blue counter animation has worn off or you're going to lose a card. Don't just throw out the D series, as you can get hit on start up if you try one too close. j.C is a great way to lose a card if you just throw it out -- persona break is very bad for Aigis, so you'll be learning spacing on j.C via MU experience.

Her DP is pretty bad (though I've killed with it), particularly if it's your attempt at deactivating, as your opponent is watching for it. You can super cancel into Goddess Shield on hit or block, and with 100 meter you can DP > Goddess Shield > OMC to restart offence. It's an option if you're under pressure, near or at Awakening, and have at least 50 meter (if near, you should get to Awakening from either the DP alone or DP + super cancel, which gives you the extra 50 meter for the OMC). Sweep > OMC > 6 > 2/5 A is another good way to make use of extra meter in order to open up opponents. OMC + forward is basically a microdash, so after the sweep you can go for another low, a high, or anything else to vary your mix-up. (See Omex's match analysis vids -- the Yosuke vs. Aigis one is where I learned that trick.)

Aigis controls very similarly in the next game so learning how to do the advanced movement now is good. Most of her combo routes are pretty similar too, minus 5AA for launch into mode change. You can still do j.2B into mode change, you just do something different. Proration nerfs mean that her meterless combos will be shorter, but double megido is intact with meter. Triple Megido is unfortunately gone.

Also, j.C is still 8 frames according to the mook. The nerf was the CH untech time being much shorter.

Is there any use for Aigis's Hidden Super, or is it functionally useless? The Persona break requirement seems like a dealbreaker.

Persona broken, Overheated and 150 meter (maybe 100). So, no, it's not really viable.

Is there any use for Aigis's Hidden Super, or is it functionally useless? The Persona break requirement seems like a dealbreaker.

Its function is to make sick nasty combo videos.

For those also playing Ultimax: is it me or does Aigis seem easier vs. P4A? Auto-combo into Megido is a nice perk, but I mean more generally -- I'm newish to FGs so my execution is fairly weak, and with a character like Aigis, that's made the journey ... more unpleasant, but for some reason everything is flowing much more smoothly. Can't tell if it's the extended Orgia, the double boost, or what, but I'm not struggling as much. And the two-frame faster start-up on 5C is really nice.

Could you give a short example of what you mean by harder? (maybe you've mentioned this somewhere already, so my apologies if I haven't seen it)

That word gets me a bit worried. I sort of fell off the map very early with the first P4A due to being new to Arcsys, and not settling on a character. I had planned on playing Aigis before she was even announced, but became frustrated with how reliant she was on Orgia, and little things like bullets being used in her auto-combo. I ended up regretting the fact that I didn't just stick with her and have fun with the game. Other characters just felt more natural, like learning optimal ranges, good pokes, bnbs, etc, but I didn't want to play them.

So to me, harder isn't necessarily doing less combo damage, and outplaying the opponent more by pulling off mix ups and punishing. I feel that harder is basically having trouble synching with a character I guess. Being confined to pulling off a big Orgia combo was a turn off. Reminded me of when they nerfed Tira in SCV, and I was stuck in Jolly mode more often. I want to enjoy and utilize both modes. Idk if that's a good job explaining my thoughts...

I feel her combos are a little bit tighter, and the super inputs are a bit more strict, but overall I feel her really similar. Also is there a practical use for jA+B in mixup? It has kind of a long recovery, I can only use j5A after it. Also, is there an use for her super grab? The grab doesn't work while the opponent is in hitstun or blockstun. I don't see it very often in matches either, is very gimmicky.

Mode change confirms are more strict, movement is slightly altered, can't autopilot strings, need to really optimize damage compared to vanilla etc. She's better overall, but it'll take a bit more practice and neutral focus to do well with her.

If J.C is still God. We have no problems here.

It's the same move. Only difference is CH untech time is shorter, but it's still reasonable to confirm most properly spaced ones.

Played Aigis over the weekend and overall I like her new design. Orgia meter seems to last much so I've been using it more in neutral than in the last iteration. Her meterless 3K mode change combos also feel as if they've get easier for some reason. Either the start up on 22A and 2B got faster or I've just mastered the timing lol.

The new 5AA auto-combo works to me like a built in jump cancel on block so I've been using it as another method to apply aerial pressure. You can also get some cool ambiguous cross ups using 5AAA in Origia Mode on block as well.

Air Mortar adds some interesting new combo routes. We may have lost triple Megido but now we got Motar loops lol. These combos also feel like they give her new orgia jA+B more purpose mid screen.

Orion seems like it has limited use but have been utilizing TK B Orion to catch air neutral tech after a combo to reset damage. I've also caught forward air tech with TK B Orion as well but wouldn't spend the meter if it's not going to kill. You'd be better off using resources for something else in that case.

The way she plays now, you get damage/oki commensurate with the amount of effort put in.

So i mained shadow labrys in P4A but I decided to switch to aigis, and after 25 or so matchs i can confidently say I have absolutely no clue what im doing in neutral or orgia pressure. Once I am in orgia mode and try to do fly > J.C stuff i almost always get anti aired any suggestions would be appreciated plzerino.

It's the same move. Only difference is CH untech time is shorter, but it's still reasonable to confirm most properly spaced ones.

Normal hit looks like it got a bit more untechable time. I'm able to pickup on it more consistently. I can even get another J.C so it's not just limited to J.A I think.

Hey guys, after having a discussion with my cousin/friend/training partner about the viability of other characters, it got me thinking about jumping ship (even though I'm very cautious and really don't wanna) to start playing Aigis in Ultimax. Now, I won't have access to the game until September 30th, since I play on Xbox and I don't wanna go through the extra trouble of making a JP account when I've already made my pre-order at Gamestop. Now, if i were to go ahead and make the switch, what do I need to know and what can I practice in P4A? She looks almost the same in videos, but I haven't read her changes so pardon my ignorance if there's something SUPER major I missed.
~Thanks in advance

She's very similar, except her movement options almost quadrupled. You should really practice mode switching and moving around with flight, those are massive and will carry over big time.

Did they change the hit box on j. B at all? I'm finding orgia dash air turn j. B to be really inconsistent. It whiffs ~80% of the time for me.