bace

[P4AU] Elizabeth Gameplay Discussion

Well if nothing else, we get to see just how Lizzie stands up in a more "competitive" environment. That said, I am not holding out for anything amazing out of these 3 players. I dunno, maybe I'm being too cynical but these days I prefer to see results first and be impressed later. But hey, maybe I'm totally in the wrong here and these 3 are secretly some kind of Lizzie-playing wizards trained by the monks of Mt. Fuji who can casually steamroll through the competition.

I am not even slightly surprised. I mean at least Liz beats people who don't know the match-up or have lapses in judgment, I've never seen Junpei win anything.

Just like in the actual source material :v:. In all seriousness, maybe people just have not worked out his patch kinks yet? On paper it seemed like he's gotten a major boost and people have been experimenting with him behind cameras.

I wonder if any of those Elizabeth players are the one from the A-Cho videos. Here's hoping because he is really solid.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I hate to be "that guy," but...none of the Liz players have more than 700 PSR...that should tell you something depending on what area they all came from. PSR is important over there, though it's not everything.

Be optimistic...just not absurdly so. Not saying that any of you are being absurd about your expectations, though.

Edit: Junpei is fine post-patch. Players for him just aren't there yet (outside of Gao).

I am not even slightly surprised. I mean at least Liz beats people who don't know the match-up or have key lapses in judgment, I've never seen Junpei win anything.

Did you watch any Junpei matches at all?

And these are all from v1.0! I've seen this character win way more than others to be honest. :3

Well, anyway, I'm not expecting much from the Liz players at a-cho today but we might see something interesting. Will definitely watch.

Edited by Strife

Did you watch any Junpei matches at all?

And these are all from v1.0! I've seen this character win way more than others to be honest. :3

Is that because you watched for his matches the most? huehue

I have seen Junpei win in the majority of footage I've watched of him, to be honest. It's just that when he lost...he got rocked :v:

This is more than I can say for Liz.

Is that because you watched for his matches the most? huehue

I have seen Junpei win in the majority of footage I've watched of him, to be honest. It's just that when he lost...he got rocked :v:

... T-That can be true, kinda, I guess.

Well, indeed, he usually loses when he doesn't get 10 Runs.

And when he doesn't get 10 Runs, it usually means he couldn't hit his opponent with any decent confirm. aka bodied.

But enough about Junpei here, let's just wait for tonight and see if those Liz players do something cool.

It speaks volumes when we're discussing Junpei in a forum dedicated to Elizabeth. Just goes to show how bad her standing is.

*Sigh* Well, I am awaiting the videos of the pre-Arc Revo. I am not holding my breath on anything spectacular but I'd be satisfied if the Lizzie players didn't get bodied like punching bags in this one. If they should somehow win a match or two then hallelujah we got something to work with.

I meant more along the lines of, "There is no footage to see her get bopped." We don't have anything for either side of the spectrum. Liz just isn't there, lol

I don't care if these Liz players lose. They can all go out 0-2 for all I care (or 0-1 if it's single elim). I just want them to show that they're competent players. If they know their stuff, play on point, and still end up losing...there is literally nothing else I can ask of them. I'd just pat them on the back and say, "You'll get 'em next time!"

I wouldnt say expect too much, cause non-tokyo/osaka usually doesnt breed big name players, and theyre from rather far away!

We gotta give them the benefit of the doubt, though. At least that much is fair to them :v:

We gotta give them the benefit of the doubt, though. At least that much is fair to them :v:

yeah id definitely say they could have potential, but i expect them to die to the narukarmy.

Sooo, couldn't watch the pre arc revo tourney, do you know what happened to the Liz players in it, and do you know if I can access a past broadcast on u-stream ?(not quite familiar with it yet). And If not the case, does someone intend to upload highlights of it ?

Done with the mountain of questions !

I only watched their first set. They won(!!) vs a Yukiko team.  It was some fraudulence though as the Yukiko team was kind of wrecking them but just choked.

At least in that set there wasn't anything interesting shown. It was mostly just Liz getting hit by fans all day until one of the Yukiko players derped and ran into 5B/5C > dropped combo resets like 4 times.

Sooo, couldn't watch the pre arc revo tourney, do you know what happened to the Liz players in it, and do you know if I can access a past broadcast on u-stream ?(not quite familiar with it yet). And If not the case, does someone intend to upload highlights of it ?

Done with the mountain of questions !

they were only shown once, on the Yukiko match. they then proceeded to get knocked out by Sho team. ;w; whole thing will be uploaded on acho YT

So guys, Damosu went from 774 to 792 PSR. Not really surprised after watching those videos from Akihabara but still, too many points!

Edited by Strife

they were only shown once, on the Yukiko match. they then proceeded to get knocked out by Sho team. ;w; whole thing will be uploaded on acho YT

Eh saw that coming a mile away.

So guys, Damosu went from 774 to 792 PSR. Not really surprised after watching those videos from Akihabara but still, too many points!

I don't think damosu is human anymore

That's impressive considering how damn hard it is to gain points once you break the 700 PSR mark. I should be happy, but I hold the same opinion of Damosu as I do for Goro and his Makoto; I'm amazed at what they can do but know deep down I cannot pull off the same level of skill they can to make the most of my character. Philemon only knows how good these players would be if instead of supporting bottom tiers they decided to use someone more in the middle or more towards the top.

every time i see someone who's actually managed to get good with liz, i always think they're some sort of masochist. this comes to mind. "i use my own techniques to punish myself." Liz general

I'm guessing you guys watched Damosu vs BB? Comments on the SB Randomizer and the heavy damage combo Liz got after it? It was in the last Liz match.

Sorry for the late reply since I finally was able to watch it. That SB Randomizer... such insane damage. Not even counting fear in that too. I can already see the insane comebacks once we get the game... 0w0

SB Mabufudyne looks WAY better than I remembered (haven't watched many Liz matches lately). And I honestly think we have at least a less hopeless MU than back then.

You didn't think so before? ._.;;

I see nothing wrong with any of this. I think you all just need to ascend to a higher plane and see what I do. Step it up, my cute little kouhais!

Did it happen yet? I mean, I don't exactly know where to go to follow these super ultra competitive contests and such. Nor do I have much knowledge of such an environment. I know I've been asking too often, but is there a link to what you guys are talking about? Sorry for being in the corner too often.

Pre ARC Revo was like 3 days ago. It was streamed on UStream (I think there're archives, but I wouldn't know how to find them), and top 8 of singles & finals of teams are up on YouTube and Nicovideo. It's pretty easy to find if you look for it. The Elizabeth team didn't make it far in the team tournament, so you wouldn't see footage of them unless you somehow found the archives. Regardless, if we're waiting for high level Liz play, we might as well hold out until the actual ARC Revo I guess (whenever that is). 

No need to apologize btw. 

When will we discuss gameplay again 

:roboky:?

I'm going to attempt to explore Hama combos in P4U2 once it hits consoles. I'm finally starting to use them in P4U, so now I'm really interested in them.

I'm going to attempt to explore Hama combos in P4U2 once it hits consoles. I'm finally starting to use them in P4U, so now I'm really interested in them.

That's a really good idea, the magarudyne buffs might really help extending combos enough to make Hama somewhat practical !