Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pssych

[P4AU] Yosuke Gameplay Discussion

Uh, does anyone know anything about j2C/D having a minimum height requirement before you can cancel it into stuff like Moonsault/Kunai/whatever?

I didn't think so at first, but after some testing, it seems if it's really extremely close to the ground you can't cancel into anything, interesssstiiingg

Edit: All air actions have a minimum height requirement, it's hard to do manually but it's more apparent when doing low low low j2D > air action

I didn't think so at first, but after some testing, it seems if it's really extremely close to the ground you can't cancel into anything, interesssstiiingg

Edit: All air actions have a minimum height requirement, it's hard to do manually but it's more apparent when doing low low low j2D > air action

From what I'd seen when trying to do the low j2D > Moonsault/whatever, it doesn't work if you do it below crouch height; everything done above that height should work.  But yeah, good to know it applies to all air actions as opposed to just that specific type of cancel.

4 hours ago, heavymetalmixer said:

youtube.com/watch?v=zTOq_zTTWds&t=24m
2A > 5B > 5C > 236B > j.214C > j.2C works when Yosuke is in the corner?
Damn, I'm confused. . . And it crosses down.

Thats weird... probably hitbox specific OOOOORRRR maybe its just that it sorta happened that way.  Theres no clear explanation for this.

On 11/8/2015, 12:01:47, heavymetalmixer said:

youtube.com/watch?v=2RrPLhjdnJk&t=11m46s
5A > 2A > 5B > 5C > 236B > j.214C > j.2C works with Yosuke in the corner.
Maybe there's a hard delay on the j.214C

C Vslash works midscreen after a dash spring, you just gotta delay it alot instead of immediately doing it so that J2C can hit... that untech time nerf looks annoying tho.

Regarding a variant of the Suku reset (ie: 5AA > 5B > 5C > 2C > 214214C/CD > 66 > 2A > 5B > 5C > 5AA (reset)), if you opt for using SB Suku, like you might in a midscreen situation where they'd get pushed too far away after the 5C > 2C, you can actually start gaining meter again during the Suku autocombo.  That being said, I've only been able to get this to happen with SB Suku, and I'm not sure if I'm just being dumb & forgetting something about with universal mechanics in the game or if I'm just being bad about getting it to happen with C Suku.