Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pssych

[P4AU] Yosuke Gameplay Discussion

Whoever wants to play me; Mains: Yosuke & Narukami

PSN: rawkid360

I can't seem to get this combo:

5A>5AA>5C>2C>236A>j.236AB>j.236A>j.236C>j.2C

particularly the j.2C. Not sure how I can incorporate EX moonsault into my combos D:

I can't seem to get this combo:

5A>5AA>5C>2C>236A>j.236AB>j.236A>j.236C>j.2C

particularly the j.2C. Not sure how I can incorporate EX moonsault into my combos D:

For what I've seen in the videos (still don't have the game), the combo should be like this: 5A>5AA>5C>2C>236A>j.236AB>j.236A>j.236D>j.2C

Notice that sometimes you'll need to omit the 2C due to distance on midscreen (but it works perfectly on crouchers).

For what I've seen in the videos (still don't have the game), the combo should be like this: 5A>5AA>5C>2C>236A>j.236AB>j.236A>j.236D>j.2C

Notice that sometimes you'll need to omit the 2C due to distance on midscreen (but it works perfectly on crouchers).

I don't know if there's a trick to it, but the wind-up on j.236D version takes too long.

Here are Yosuke's Challenge 30's.

I shall update the combo thread when I am ready, but FUCK THIS CHALLENGE!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luO4c4qqbnI&feature=youtu.be
My Solution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87MSoS-QfZ4&feature=youtu.be
Game's Solution

I don't know if there's a trick to it, but the wind-up on j.236D version takes too long.

I've tried to see what conditions has this combo from the Jp videos, and they only use it if the starter is a CH, I don't know if the CH is neccesary.

EDIT: Here is the combo without the CH starter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q_kcE2NP-Q&t=34m53s

I think you have to delay the j.2C.

I've tried to see what conditions has this combo from the Jp videos, and they only use it if the starter is a CH, I don't know if the CH is neccesary.

EDIT: Here is the combo without the CH starter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q_kcE2NP-Q&t=34m53s

I think you have to delay the j.2C.

Its entirely possible to do the combo normally.  You have to do B Crescent slash after the Moonsault for D Vslash to combo.  After that, wait until yosuke full turns around and then press J2C.  The timing is weird at first, but you'll get it down eventually.

Correct me if I'm wrong but is his glide notation ab~ac now? The timing seems rlly off compared to vanilla glide. Also is it possible to plink the ab~ac?

Correct me if I'm wrong but is his glide notation ab~ac now? The timing seems rlly off compared to vanilla glide. Also is it possible to plink the ab~ac?

I still don't have the game, but right now I think that input is even harder than the P4U1's one . . . Gotta use macros.

It's eaiser than the P4U one. jAB > A+C. That's all it is.

And in other news....they fixed jD/5D.

sv1i1Xb.png

sv1i1Xb.png

Hmm the input window seems smaller in this one. Guess it just takes getting used to.

Hmm the input window seems smaller in this one. Guess it just takes getting used to.

It took me a fair while to get it down, but now that I've got it, I realise how disgracefully easy it is compared to the old way. The best way I can describe it is that you need to roll over all three buttons in quick succession.

It took me a fair while to get it down, but now that I've got it, I realise how disgracefully easy it is compared to the old way. The best way I can describe it is that you need to roll over all three buttons in quick succession.

Ah ok thanks ill try doing that once I get back home.

sv1i1Xb.png

Nice ASW . . . but even with this, 5D is even more useless than before : / (because we lost sweep > 5D)

Seeing as how Yosuke's top tier and all, I felt it was my duty to represent that through an avatar

uow0RBX.png

Totally up for grabs

All glory to the king.

That's an incredibly vague question when you stop and look at it. What move are you talking about that you can't punish with FC j2C?

You're more or less asking 'what are Yosuke's strongest combo starters', and those haven't changed from last game; 2C, j2C, and to a lesser extent Garudyne. 2C is still a ridiculously strong starter despite losing FC property; most JP Yosukes in videos will punish with 2C > AoA >stuff on 2C CH, or 2C > SB Run > stuff on non-CH. I think the combo thread should have some good examples listed at this point.

2C > 236AB > 6D > j2C > OMB > TK 236D > j2C >Suku > 5AAAAA > j2C > 236B > SB SukuSuper, 6.5k. Works non CH too.

That's an incredibly vague question when you stop and look at it. What move are you talking about that you can't punish with FC j2C?

You're more or less asking 'what are Yosuke's strongest combo starters', and those haven't changed from last game; 2C, j2C, and to a lesser extent Garudyne. 2C is still a ridiculously strong starter despite losing FC property; most JP Yosukes in videos will punish with 2C > AoA >stuff on 2C CH, or 2C > SB Run > stuff on non-CH. I think the combo thread should have some good examples listed at this point.

i am not familiar with yosuke in the last game or this game

if you read the p4u2 yosuke combo thread, every combo posted is either 5a, 2a, or j2c starter. not just the original post, although the original post only has midscreen combos that start with 5a, 2a, or j2c. overall that combo thread isn't very complete.

certain moves i think are punishable but not in counter hit state. for example if you block minazuki's dp canceled into air projectile super, he is in the air after blocking the projectile and sometimes you can get an anti punish but it isn't counter hit.

some moves like chie's DP counter, teddie's DP counter, etc. on whiff are so fast that you can't really react with j2c to punish 

2C > 236AB > 6D > j2C > OMB > TK 236D > j2C >Suku > 5AAAAA > j2C > 236B > SB SukuSuper, 6.5k. Works non CH too.

cool. how much does SB suku super cost?

hmm. i guess there's an 5aaaa j2c OMB combo that might be worth looking into?

wonder what is his best meterless or 25 meter no omb, no FC combo.

I think I'm certain that Yosuke's combo routes do not change at all when they are midscreen OR corner.  If they are, then I'm unsure on what they are at the moment.

I think we all listed 5A, 2A, and J2C starters because I think they are the same regardless of how you start it?  Bare with me on this since I only have been using the simplest of combos for like... the past two weeks this game was out.

Also, SB Suku Super costs 25 meter and a Suku.

I think I'm certain that Yosuke's combo routes do not change at all when they are midscreen OR corner.  If they are, then I'm unsure on what they are at the moment.

I think we all listed 5A, 2A, and J2C starters because I think they are the same regardless of how you start it?  Bare with me on this since I only have been using the simplest of combos for like... the past two weeks this game was out.

Also, SB Suku Super costs 25 meter and a Suku.

I still don't have the game, but something to remember is that 2A is his worst starter, so even 5A combos must be cut sometimes with 2A starter because of the proration.