LegendaryRath

[P4AU] Mitsuru Kirijo Gameplay Discussion

So I was checking out Shardz pastebin and noticed that she can cross through when she does bufula and droit. So does that mean she can do pseudo-unblockables with tentarafoo? Or will there just not be enough time?

So I was checking out Shardz pastebin and noticed that she can cross through when she does bufula and droit. So does that mean she can do pseudo-unblockables with tentarafoo? Or will there just not be enough time?

Until I see some footage of this happening, there's just too many possibilities in my mind to say for sure. I'm really curious about this.

I'm also hoping to see tentarafoo as a combo ender (somehow). There's probably some dirty stuff we could do with that.

Rewatching this footage for a third time, I kept getting the impression that 5A hitbox has been buffed. Normally max range 5A would wiff on crouching Naoto, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. After hearing rumors during the loketest that 5A beats Chie 2A and Naoto 2A, I had assumed that those moves no longer low profiled or something. But now I feel like it is more likely that 5A has recieved a buff to it's hitbox, allowing us to reach crouching opponents from further distances and also get low profiled less often.

here's an example of what I mean. it also shows off 5A > backdash.

edit: I think A coup might not be low profile-able anymore. It seems to beat naoto's sweep here. And going along with what I've been seeing with 5A, it would make sense.

Edited by LegendaryRath

And now the question that will plague the mind of every Mitsuru player ever. Can she hit another Mitsuru during sweep with 5A? It might end the RPS-feel of mirror.

And now the question that will plague the mind of every Mitsuru player ever. Can she hit another Mitsuru during sweep with 5A? It might end the RPS-feel of mirror.

That would make me so happy. Like. SO. HAPPY.

Sadly, Mitsuru's sweep is still beating 5A and Coup Droit clean. You can see it happening quite a few times in this match here.

I must say though, all of the changes have me really excited. The feint from 5/4/6B is amazing and her new 5AAA>4B string puts her almost all the way back at neutral.

Sadly, Mitsuru's sweep is still beating 5A and Coup Droit clean. You can see it happening quite a few times in this match here.

I must say though, all of the changes have me really excited. The feint from 5/4/6B is amazing and her new 5AAA>4B string puts her almost all the way back at neutral.

Oh no, my dreams have been destroyed. I guess RPS will still live on.

It might still have some RPS, but at least it isn't Rock Paper Fatal aside from sweeping Droit.

Anywho... all I know is that I am going to abuse the fuck out of SB Mabufudyne and master defensive Mitsuru now that she has a full screen projectile >: D

shtkn - no clue yet, but I'mma figure it out today.

edit* Hypermarth - thinking droit through bufula might also support doing some lamer stuff. Hell, if they approach you could potentially use it to run away. Whiffing Tentarafoo does feel like a pretty big risk to me though.

Edited by ShardZ

It might still have some RPS, but at least it isn't Rock Paper Fatal aside from sweeping Droit.

Anywho... all I know is that I am going to abuse the fuck out of SB Mabufudyne and master defensive Mitsuru now that she has a full screen projectile >: D

Yes that is good at least. But it'll still hurt if the Mitsuru does sweep > SB droit, you'll take some pretty hefty damage from that. Who knows, she might even be able to do sweep > SB droit > sweep like she does in vanilla if she's not quite close enough to the corner.

And I saw SB Mabufudyne and that thing is insane. I can see its uses, but is there any confirmation on rather it's Air unblockable or not? It might retain the old properties from vanilla. I don't think tentarafoo is bad from full screen. There aren't an incredible amount of ways to punish Mitsuru from that range if she happens to whiff it. I need to see more of it to be certain though.

What's SB Bufudyne and SB Mabufudyne do exactly?

Looking at the videos, it does seem like 5B feint is a cancel like Rath said. I too am wondering how it works exactly.

http://youtu.be/hjwv3_hz4GE?t=1h23m20s Bufula oki where you pass through, I couldn't tell if she was plus or negative on it after the A Driot since she put herself in the corner. In this one at mid screen she puts herself far away http://youtu.be/hjwv3_hz4GE?t=2h9m23s

The ground slide on whip back, It just feels like it hurts with that 5B and of course looks just easier to confirm.

http://youtu.be/hjwv3_hz4GE?t=2h4m16s 5B feint into grab to get the Liz rolling out the corner, damn that's slick. That'll be useful no doubt.

Also did Mitsuru always have AoA rapid and be in the air so she can dash forward jA? Edit: She could I just always rapid when it didn't hit, after landing. The more I know.

Edited by IrrelevantAlex
update

It looks like Bufudyne recovery might be fatal counter state? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjwv3_hz4GE#t=7776

I think it's unlikely that they would make bufudyne a fatal counter, so that's probably the case.

edit: Yup, it's in fatal recovery. Happens again here, this time with Yosuke's 5A. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUguLhEtD0#t=774

Edited by LegendaryRath

5 feint: only works with 5, not uncharged. Input another move right before the hop ends and it replaces the normal attack. I've been able to do throw, DP, 5D (so 2D probably works too), 2C, droit, and tentarafoo. Apparently 5 cancelled into another 5B works too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVa4UsqHnas&feature=youtu.be&t=5m21s (thx doctornk). Need to try supers. Inputting it properly seemed a lil awkward to me, it's not hard but it'll take me some getting used to.

I've been thinking about Mitsuru's changes a lot, and although players haven't fleshed her out again yet, I can see some patterns emerging. She has a laundry list of buffs, which nearly all fit into being new/more options for pressure and neutral. She has a laundry list of nerfs, which all focus on removing damage.

More options. Less damage.

I'm perfectly fine with that. In p4a I occasionally had matches that I knew I wouldn't have won, if not for a lucky 5k+ confirm. That feeling doesn't sit right with me. I vastly prefer to feel like playing solid and making decisions were the reasons for my wins. And happily for me, that seems to be the direction asw is taking with her. More opportunities and tools to play solid. Fewer instances of BS damage.

Now, with that all said, Let's hope someone finds some more damage.

I am curious though. Do you guys think that the massive damage nerf still outweighs her buffs? More options and tools are great, but if we need twice the confirms to win, it'll still be tough. Personally, I prefer this version of Mitsuru so far. I believe she is comparable to p4a Mitsuru, and definitely a strong character again.

Edited by LegendaryRath

I've been thinking about Mitsuru's changes a lot, and although players haven't fleshed her out again yet, I can see some patterns emerging. She has a laundry list of buffs, which nearly all fit into being new/more options for pressure and neutral. She has a laundry list of nerfs, which all focus on removing damage.

More options. Less damage.

I'm perfectly fine with that. In p4a I occasionally had matches that I knew I wouldn't have won, if not for a lucky 5k+ confirm. That feeling doesn't sit right with me. I vastly prefer to feel like playing solid and making decisions were the reasons for my wins. And happily for me, that seems to be the direction asw is taking with her. More opportunities and tools to play solid. Fewer instances of BS damage.

Now, with that all said, Let's hope someone finds some more damage.

I am curious though. Do you guys think that the massive damage nerf still outweighs her buffs? More options and tools are great, but if we need twice the confirms to win, it'll still be tough. Personally, I prefer this version of Mitsuru so far. I believe she is comparable to p4a Mitsuru, and definitely a strong character again.

Couldnt agree more.. I also think mitsuru is still nasty and poses a threat to the other match ups.. The damage has been berfed but shes more all rounded now. Much more options and a new move that complements one of her "spots for improvement" she had.

I also think its gonna feel more rewarding winning with her now. I also didnt like to depend on a DP-> bufudyne situation where lots of people fell in the end of some matchs.

I also cant wait to see a decent combo video of her and to check on the old pros (p3u player, shuuto, lordknight and you rathaloss) using her properly.

PS: add you in the psn again ratha... Lets play any of these free times :)

Personally I think she's more fun, which far outweighs any slight tier list adjustments to me. That being said, less damage means her risk/reward isn't as hilariously skewed, but it's unclear how optimized her damage is yet and moves having FCH recovery plus having the 5 feint means getting opponents to eat fatal combos is going to be easier in the long run.

vmcoelho - DP -> Bufudyne isn't really changed from before, aside from maybe slightly slower DP recovery. Mitsuru also doesn't have new reversal options, just improved neutral/pressure. So once you screw up and they get in nothing's all that different.

Without just saying "I'm worried about her damage" this is my biggest concern right now (Meaning I hope someone figures out something soon. Come'on japan give us some combo vids!)

Converting into real combos. It seems fairly simple off air hits and other situations where 2B > 2DD is possible, but what about crouching confirms? I've yet to see any meter-less way to confirm into real combos. Midscreen we still need to OMC, which I was expecting. But even in the corner it seems like we'll need to spend 25 meter for SB Coup. I wouldn't mind this, but since we'll have meter cooldown, we wont gain any of it back.

PS: add you in the psn again ratha... Lets play any of these free times :)

Sure thing! I'll be fairly busy this whole week with finals though.

Yeah, that's definitely the counterbalance to giving her all these new tools. Stuff like corner combo into SB Bufula oki is cool, but having the meter for it is an issue. I'm wondering how we're gonna get more damage off midscreen combos too, with or without meter... gonna try looking for alternatives to 2DD.

Yeah, that's definitely the counterbalance to giving her all these new tools. Stuff like corner combo into SB Bufula oki is cool, but having the meter for it is an issue. I'm wondering how we're gonna get more damage off midscreen combos too, with or without meter... gonna try looking for alternatives to 2DD.

Marin Karin will likely become more important, simply to let us confirm into real damage more often.

If new ways to combo midscreen are found, then 2DD should probably be used towards the end of a combo. Using it early might spoilt the combo's potential, due to its proration.

Rathaloss - thats alright bud! Good luck in those finals :)

Shardz - i really think the DP is much different.. The blocked DP -> "swallow CH bufudyne" situation is only possible now if the opponent is coming from the air and at a certain height. Unfortunately, i must say that a lot of matches were won on this "setup" and i kinda got used with it. Need to sustain more pressure now and use more the 6AB thing :/

blocked DP -> bufudyne only worked if your opponent messed up in the first place, and ppl still mess up. nothing's really changed there. lol