LegendaryRath

[P4AU] Mitsuru Kirijo Gameplay Discussion

blocked DP -> bufudyne only worked if your opponent messed up in the first place, and ppl still mess up. nothing's really changed there. lol

lol i guess you're right =)

Hey, can i add you to my PSN? Looking for good mitsru players to improve my game.

BTW, i was trying to rank up on sunday and something strange happened. Im currently S rank now and I managed to win 8 consecutive fights against an SS player and the rank up didnt occur... am i missing something here?

I don't mind more options honestly. Mitsuru is still plenty dangerous. I will be looking forward to the coming weeks to see how much she evolves. I'm keeping tabs on DIE-Chan, his Mitsuru is looking good.

I don't mind, we have more options. Doing crazy damage was why some of my friends didn't like Mitsuru so now we get to do all these new fun 5B cancels, backdashes, short hops to open them up.

As for damage no one in the videos yet has even completed a fatal combo with out the opponent bursting or them just dropping it. And not confirming into SB coup a lot or I don't know if that's just them saving it for a rapid Sweep>A Coup or jB combo.

As well I'm curious as to what we can get off a mid screen with a 5A fatal, only auto combo.. or can we do like 5A>5C>5DD>2DD>5B>2B>C Plate>5B>Sweep>BCoup

DIE-chan showed us why shadow characters are terrifying, during a stream last night aimed at showcasing the new shadow versions. Die-chan, Stunedge, Souji, and Kirisame were present.

http://t.co/OCsJPcAqkC

DIE-chan did practically the same confirm off crouching 5AA confirm as well, and attempted it off other starters but dropped it. This definitely shows some potential for Shadow Mitsuru. Losing 20% damage, awakening mode, bursts, and the new auto-combo are all big trade-offs, but this really shows that she still has promise!

Here's some fuel for your nightmares, guys.

Some of his tech was pretty stellar. I wonder some of the stuff he does is actually legit. Like normal into D bufula. Maybe that's something he uses specifically against Yukiko, because I didn't see him use it much afterwards.

All those dash cancels though. So many. Mitsuru is looking really scary and probably has a stronger pressure game than she did in P4A. Though I guess he can't do some of that stuff, since Mitsuru's auto-combo is different than S.Mitsuru. I still enjoyed what I saw.

S.Mitsuru rampage combo was quite fun to watch. But Chie's is just crazy.

I want to apologize for not updating the video thread recently, especially since there is better footage now. Once finals are done Tuesday, it'll be consistent again. I'll give it a small update over the weekend when I get a break.

[corner] Sweep > SB droit > 2B > bufula D > 4B > AoA~D > B droit did 4.2k

DIE-chan did it in this vid http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22400125

@8:00 mark

2B > 2DD > 4B > 2B > bufula D > 5B > sweep > bufula C > sweep > droit B did 3.1k

@9:00 mark

Some random stuff, but it seems they buffed the damage of Mitsuru's 5B. Does about 100 more damage. And her bufula D is fast enough for DIE-chan to just use it in blockstrings to reset pressure. Oh, and I saw a Mitsuru do short hop during her autocombo. Like short hop > j.A. Could be useful. It's in the same vid I believe.

Edited by AchedSphinx

In both combos, the 2B/4B/5Bs should all be charged. 4B/5B charged might be optional but it's easy enough that there's no reason not to do them, but I'm 99% sure uncharged 2B makes both combos drop.

I think I noted it before, but pretty much all of Mitsuru's A & B normals are shorthop cancellable. Still not sure on practical application aside from occasional surprise factor.

In both combos, the 2B/4B/5Bs should all be charged. 4B/5B charged might be optional but it's easy enough that there's no reason not to do them, but I'm 99% sure uncharged 2B makes both combos drop.

I think I noted it before, but pretty much all of Mitsuru's A & B normals are shorthop cancellable. Still not sure on practical application aside from occasional surprise factor.

Yeah, I understand what you mean about the short hops. I was checking out the wiki and it said short hop cancels into air normals aren't considered overheads. So maybe that Mitsuru was just testing it out. But, it could be useful if like, she's playing against a Kanji that likes to command throw between gaps in her blockstring. But even that is kinda gimmicky, considering how many dash/backdash cancels she has now.

http://youtu.be/_C6-PcnON3M?t=14m44s So, I thought they removed Mitsuru's air unblockable bufudyne.

Edited by AchedSphinx

Yeah, I understand what you mean about the short hops. I was checking out the wiki and it said short hop cancels into air normals aren't considered overheads. So maybe that Mitsuru was just testing it out. But, it could be useful if like, she's playing against a Kanji that likes to command throw between gaps in her blockstring. But even that is kinda gimmicky, considering how many dash/backdash cancels she has now.

http://youtu.be/_C6-PcnON3M?t=14m44s So, I thought they removed Mitsuru's air unblockable bufudyne.

They removed it in the loketests, but gave it back for the arcade release. I think I added it to the change-list thread.

They removed it in the loketests, but gave it back for the arcade release. I think I added it to the change-list thread.

Oh, haha. I can't believe I missed that. I need to check that thread more. Good looking out Rath.

Oh, haha. I can't believe I missed that. I need to check that thread more. Good looking out Rath.

If any of you guys ever notice anything, please feel free to point it out. That thread is still a work in progress.

Recent DIEchan footage shows him not even getting close enough to the opp for grabs to generally be an issue, it's kinda silly haha. 5AAA -> D bufula and 5C backdash are too good.

Can someone explain this. http://youtu.be/2jixCRBF4EQ?t=36s

The combo is 2B > 2DD > 4B > sweep > droit B > 2A > 2B > bufula C > he probably could have tagged on more.

Anyways, I thought Mitsuru couldn't do 2A after droit B.

I think it works because of how the hitstun of B Coup works. There's a minimum amount of time/frames that the opponent can't tech after B coup, but it doesn't start until they touch the ground. It's like a slide that always takes the same amount of time. If the opponent is above the ground when you hit them with b coup, then it takes longer for them to hit the ground and begin the minimum hitstun that goes along with the slide. I hope I explained that well enough. I just woke up.

It does seem weird in this case though, since Yosuke barely looks like he was off the ground. I guess that little bit is all it takes?

edit: Apparently, airborn 5B > 2AB > B coup > 2A > 2B works, which I was hoping for. Same idea there.

Edited by LegendaryRath

So basically, droit B has more air hit stun than ground hit stun. That sounds pretty neat.

Yup! It's the same reason why we could safe jump with j.C after air B coup, but not grounded B coup. (in p4a)

edit: it's also worth pointing out that there will be more hitstun the higher they are in the air.

Edited by LegendaryRath

Made some updates to the change-list thread, and I'm about to update the video thread with new footage of DIE-chan (our hero).

It looks like 5AAA has a lot of hitstun in the new autocombo. On airborn opponent, DIE-chan used 5AAA > B Coup. Since it's airborn B coup, I'm sure 2A > 2B would have worked if he was in the corner. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEYk3Ef0ads#t=224

is it just me or is mitsuru's run speed slower?

It's hard for me to tell because a lot of the videos aspect ratios are off. Now that you mention it though, maybe...

ShardZ, what do you think when you are playing her?

http://youtu.be/2jixCRBF4EQ?t=3m25s

For some reason I thought we would only be able to 5B cancel once but right there he canceled 5B into another 5B cancel into coup driot.

I tried seeing if you could keep cancelling 5 into itself forever but it seemed like I had to pick another move for the 2nd cancel, drat. lol

Made some updates to the change-list thread, and I'm about to update the video thread with new footage of DIE-chan (our hero).

It looks like 5AAA has a lot of hitstun in the new autocombo. On airborn opponent, DIE-chan used 5AAA > B Coup. Since it's airborn B coup, I'm sure 2A > 2B would have worked if he was in the corner.

It's hard for me to tell because a lot of the videos aspect ratios are off. Now that you mention it though, maybe...

ShardZ, what do you think when you are playing her?

I feel kinda silly now for not trying 5AAA B coup already, gonna have to mess with that.

Run speed feels the same to me, but I'm not sure I could compare that very accurately unless it's a huuuge difference.

I'm staying in Osaka for my last week in Japan so I should be able to get a lot more play in. Today I was really feeling it when I didn't have meter to burn, I should probably be more of a jerk with Marin Karin & 5C..

Drat I wanted some Infinite 5B Cancel Works, nice work checking though.

As for CH airborn 5AAA B coup, that's awesome.

I don't think it needs to be a counter hit. So long as it's airborn, it should be fine.

The Shadow Mitsuru Rampage combo Die-Chan seems to be doing everytime looks very flashy, though I am saddened it's only 5 k damage, while Chie's rampage combo seems to do around 8 k damage.

Did the shadow versions have increased or decreased damage? Because in either cases it's bad for us. If decreased, it meanse Chie will do hella broken damage. And if increased it means Mitsuru's damage output is even lower than expected.

I did noticed Die-chan always crosses the opponent up after the Mabufudyne trigger. I assume it is required to keep the opponent save for the kick between her aned the Mabufudyne, and the fact that Mitsuru seems more like a midscreen character now than a corner character. I hope this is not true, or her Coup Droit and hold, and her new auto-combo, will have lost a huge deal of their effectiveness and purpose.

I also noticed that Mitsuru's aerial hold now flips our opponent to the other side. As well as that her 5DD now flicks your opponent into the air, having it be a requirement to follow up with a 2DD, do you want to chain it.

So far I can't say if I'm pleased with all the changes or not. Shadow Mitsuru looks amazing, and the new auto combo looks cool. The ''ice Coup Droit'' looks unnecessary and useless. Who's not going to see that coming? But the new mixup possibilities looks amazing. I am not pleased with how insanely her damage output has been decreased. Yes, it was a lot, but that was because her combos don't contain too many hits. And Chie could do wayyyy more damage, and quite some other characters. But it shouldn't have been reduced this much.

My overal idea is that she's going to fall short in the game due to her strongly below average damage... I mean, even non-fire boosted Yukiko does more damage. What's up with that?

I cannot wait to main Mitsuru and Shadow Mitsuru in the sequel though. I hope Europe doesn't get it so delayed this time around.

Edited by Reako