LegendaryRath

[P4AU] Mitsuru Kirijo Gameplay Discussion

Minori Sighting! Several matches added to the video thread. I approve of this new color.

Can we please discuss this? It's not the old oki for sure, but it's definitely something! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZPxWfIoaMY#t=632

He seemed to go for dash 2D after a few high Counterhit j.Cs. I'm assuming this can be confirmed if done fast enough https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZPxWfIoaMY#t=655

edit: It looks like this set is actually kind of outdated. I think it's from 12/27/2013 12/22/2013. I wonder how great he looks now 0_0

Minori doesn't main Mitsuru, does he? I have seen him use Akihiko and Labrys as well so far.

Minori doesn't main Mitsuru, does he? I have seen him use Akihiko and Labrys as well so far.

Minori mains Mitsuru. He was widely considered THE best Mitsuru throughout most of P4A's life.

Minori mains Mitsuru. He was widely considered THE best Mitsuru throughout most of P4A's life.

I am sorry to say I have never heard his name fall before... Ever.

Honestly, I mean no offense with this. My apologies.

Plus, the best Mitsuru keeps changing. Some say it's Lord Knight, others say it's Rathalos (Netplay wise), others say it's SilverTiger, but those are the only names I've heard before so far. And I can proudly say, I've heard my name beind dropped a few times as well (For Europe, at least), though most likely all flattery. I mean, they were saying it to my face, so, nothing legit.

Edited by Reako

I am sorry to say I have never heard his name fall before... Ever.

Honestly, I mean no offense with this. My apologies.

Plus, the best Mitsuru keeps changing. Some say it's Lord Knight, others say it's Rathalos (Netplay wise), others say it's SilverTiger, but those are the only names I've heard before so far. And I can proudly say, I've heard my name beind dropped a few times as well (For Europe, at least), though most likely all flattery. I mean, they were saying it to my face, so, nothing legit.

There's no need to apologize just because you haven't heard of someone before. Besides, there's no definitive way to say who the best player(s) is/are. At the end of the day we all get to form our own opinions :)

Personally, I still think LordKnight's the best US/NA Mitsuru. No one else has performed nearly as well at majors (Although I'm going to try my best to start making it to them). As far as Japan goes, I've thought Minori was the their best Mitsuru for a long time, ever since he won Arc-Revo. Although, it was obvious he took a break near the end of P4A's life because he looked kind of awkward playing at GodsGarden. At that point, I was starting to think Die-Chan was becoming the Mitsuru god. He looked incredibly solid, and overall MUCH stronger than when he went to evo (or before that). Unfortunately he plays Sho now though :(

Another one of the "Mitsuru Gods" I've heard about is someone who goes by K-Neko. There's really not much footage of him though, and none for suplex as far as I can tell.

Shuuto's always been really good, he won SBO afterall. Watching him, I disagree with a lot of his choices, but you can't argue with results. He always seems to get them results. It's kind of funny that I'll be playing his color again in suplex. He played Disco Mitsuru (#6) in p4a, and now it seems he's using the Margaret color (she's my favorite p4 character).

I had already noticed so far. Mitsuru's 5A has become an even more valuable tool. It no longer flunks on crouching opponents, no longer misses on opponent's sweeps/2As, etc. Her 5A, one of the tools that make her so good, are even better now. A lot of annoying things with opponents like Kanji, Labrys and Yukiko should now no longer happen.

Kind of weird, though. One of the biggest complains was Mitsuru's 5A, and that has been improved quite a lot, actually. Not that I'm complaining.

It's sooooo good now. I'm mostly just thankful that it reaches the same range on all characters now. Character specific pressure made me sad.

Apparently 5A can still be low profiled by a lot of moves, but I can't confirm which ones right now.

It's sooooo good now. I'm mostly just thankful that it reaches the same range on all characters now. Character specific pressure made me sad.

Apparently 5A can still be low profiled by a lot of moves, but I can't confirm which ones right now.

pretty sure 5A just loses to all low profile moves (most sweeps, narukami slide, akihiko command dash, etc.)

I've heard from a few places that 5A is 8 frames now. I can't confirm this though. 1 frame doesn't seem like a big deal for pressure, especially considering how minus on block all of her pressure already is. Defense is where I think this change will make the biggest difference. We were already limited with being able to mash out of certain setups (IE: IB Chie's 5A pressure), where we had to rely on throw. Personally, assuming this is true, I don't see it as being too big of a deal. The extra range and pressure options outweigh this, at least at first glance.

Is it me, or does it feel like Mitsuru is the only character without a combo video right now? :(
It's not just you... I checked. She literally is... There is ONE video of a 8.2k Shadow Mitsuru combo, though.

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqWb-KrDJWM.

I checked, the 5B at the beginning is not charged, and I am pretty damn sure it's not optimal yet. By far.

I could something like this instead: [5B]> 2AB> 2A> 2B> 2D> j.C> [j.B]> C Bufula> [5B]> Berzerk> Rest.

I am not entirely sure whether the rest of the berzerk combo would still hit, it might be the SB Bufula doesn't hit.. But I guess we'll just have to wait till someone comes along and shows us or until the game is available in console version.

In case no one had noticed yet, it seems to be possible to chain a 4/5/6B after a (fully charged?) 2B now. It seems to be an important part of both her corner and her midscreen combos. I'll look out for more or those combos. They seemed pretty powerful too.

Omex is busy translating info from the mook. We'll get a good idea of Mitsuru's frame data soon. here's some info for now though.

5a -9

5aa -4

droit recovery now changes based on distance traveled, all droit can go through ice

Also, I'll be giving a big update to the video thread, probably tomorrow or Saturday. Sorry for being so behind on that :'(

for some reason mit 5a still gets blown up by a sweep (yosuke). it is shown in this video around 0:50 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZPxWfIoaMY&feature=youtu.be&t=20s i hate fighting this guy already and the fact that i thought this would be gone made me so happy. now im not after watching this

almost every character's sweep is low profile now, so it beats 5A. 5A was buffed so that it won't whiff on crouching chars like labrys, liz, kanji, etc. and i think it won't whiff on stuff like chie 2A

It's nice to see the forums are back up!

Apologies for putting off the video thread update. I'm caught up with the wiki right now, and I'll work on the video + changelist threads again right afterwards. Class all day today, then I'll aim to get all that stuff done tomorrow! I'm currently about halfway done translating/editing Mitsuru's new framedata. I'll link the page on the wiki and post all of the differences between versions in the changelist thread afterwards.

I checked out the frame data for Mitsuru and I'm pretty happy they buffed the active frames and recovery of her 5A. Not really concerned with the fact they nerfed it to 8f start-up though, since Mitsuru's rarely used it to poke out of things (though Chie resetting pressure with 2D and Yosuke trying to reset into Tentarafoo was usually the most common way I used it). She should still be able to punish things she was able to punish by being good at blocking. For instance, Yu's 214A is -4 now, so she can easily counter grab or 5A on block.

Though it's not much, I felt that Mitsuru's AoA got faster (since she could use it mid-combo), so now it's 30F. Still incredibly slow, but at least now it has at least a slightly better chance to land (I'll still never use it for an overhead though).

The recovery on her air persona attacks got worse. I didn't j.D often, but man 58F recovery is brutal. 2D seems like it got a lot better though. I see Mitsuru's use it like crazy now.

Not much else to comment on until the rest is translated/added in the wiki. Good stuff  Rath. You certainly are legendary.

To get things going again, let us all participate in discussing Mitsuru's new frame data. Begin!

Oh, and I love the new layout of the site. It's got a phone version now, which is great considering my laptop broke.

I'll update the changelist thread once I'm completely done with the frame data and that will make discussing easier.

But for now, Mitsuru's uncharged j.B is now level 4 hitsun (was level 3 before). The framedata doesn't mention being able to cancel j.B into anything anymore, but I'm not 100% convince yet. If we could still cancel it, then we could do uncharged j.B > j.C > c bufula on standing opponents.

What does Sb and B mean under cancels? There's no information on it, unless I'm overlooking it.

I'm actually not 100% sure. Omex is helping a LOT with this stuff (translating and cool junk) and I'm sure he'll edit the wiki (or show me how) so it'll be explained in the table. For now it seems to mean it can special cancel and/or go into system stuff like sweep, DP etc.

Also, woops. It's supposed to be Sp, not Sb. I'll be sure to change that when I finish up with the wiki either Friday or Saturday. School and work are kicking my ass at the moment.

edit: Going through all this stuff, I feel like Mitsuru's buffs aren't really focused on her. They mostly seem to be little tweaks to other characters or the system in general that end up benefiting her a lot. There's also some good footage at the moment, and it'll be my priority to UPDATE THE DAMN VIDEO THREAD as soon as I'm done with the wiki. IT'S A PINKIE PROMISE I SWEAR!

edit2: I forgot to mention what "B" meant. It just means that the move is backdash cancel-able. This applies to 5A and 5C now iirc.

Did the mook not list full data for partially/fully charged B droit?  Not seeing it on the wiki, but the additional recovery + being forced into doing a full-distance droit not being mentioned would be a weird omission.

Did the mook not list full data for partially/fully charged B droit?  Not seeing it on the wiki, but the additional recovery + being forced into doing a full-distance droit not being mentioned would be a weird omission.

Only her normals are translated right now, so we'll have to wait a bit longer to see the changes to her specials.

Oh okay, mah bad.

It just occured to me, I'm pretty sure at least j. is still cancellable on hit, 'cause I remember trying to do the old j. j.C [2]8C etc. combo.  Of course the whole thing doesn't work anymore, but trying just that section of it I think j. j.C still came out.