LegendaryRath

[P4AU] Mitsuru Kirijo Gameplay Discussion

These options really helped me out against opponents like this thanks! However, sometimes I expect DP so I use 2AB (feint). The problem is the punish when they do DP. I try to do 6B but instead I always get [4]6B because I am holding back. Even if I stop in neutral for a second [4]6B still comes out. Any idea on what I'm doing wrong?

You should always be at a good range. Just do a 5B. It's range is suprisingly good. In case you ARE too far away, just try doing a 5A punish then, or a sweep punish. You can do sweep> B coup> 2A pickup in the corner on counter hit of the sweep.

Anything that leads into SB Coup, 2, 5, 2AB, B Coup, 5AA, 2C (B Coup needs to hit pretty high for the 5AA pick up to work)

Has anybody experience with that corner setup?

You're still at + frames after marin karin and your 4B will beat out 5A off all sorts. The opponent can still DP and roll though.

Im asking since i don't like the AOA-D option and was looking for other corner stuff.

Thanks in advance

^^

Honestly off of that CH combo i just take the extra dmg after a high B droit 2AB > C mirror > 4B > B droit xx super. Im general i see most just end combos but i wana try the resets a bit more.

^^

Honestly off of that CH combo i just take the extra dmg after a high B droit 2AB > C mirror > 4B > B droit xx super. Im general i see most just end combos but i wana try the resets a bit more.

It doesn't have to be on counter hit though + i personally would rather take frame advantage and a free mixup over roughly 700 extra dmg anyday. Besides that 2, D Bufula, 5, 2AB, B Coup does more dmg than the path you just posted. It could just be me but i don't use supers that much unless i can take the round. The dmg without supers is just fine but you need meter to SB Coup/OMC to get decent dmg so i try to save my meter for that.

The more optimal route after a SB Coup is this.

XX> SB Coup> 2> (5>) D Bufula> 5> AoA D(> B Coup)

or in case of no AoA:

XX> SB Coup> 2> (5>) D Bufula> 5> 2AB> B Coup

Doing what you said might do more damage if you don't want to go for the AoA setup, but the positioning is less favorable, and you can't properly end with a D Bufudyne, but instead have to end with a C Bufudyne, which pretty much neutralizes the extra damage it gave you. Not to forget, the biggest problem, you can't always do 2> 5. And in case you can't that entire combo goes to hell. In that case, just do 2> D Bufula> 5> 2AB> B Coup instead. AoA~D does do quite some more damage, give you a more favorable positioning and gives tons of more meter in case you hadn't used a SB Coup yet (from air confirms, for example).

It is 100% worth your time to practice the AOA~D ender. Better spacing, better damage, marin karin, still at advantage. Plus you'll need to be able to do this if you ever want to do mabufudyne combos and close out rounds.

Fun fact, i don't have a problem getting the fatal D ender in neutral. I just have problems getting the fatal ender in a combo, lol. You made it sound incredibly good though, lol. Might consider hitting the lab. Thanks for all the replies regarding that topic, btw.

It doesn't have to be on counter hit though + i personally would rather take frame advantage and a free mixup over roughly 700 extra dmg anyday. Besides that 2, D Bufula, 5, 2AB, B Coup does more dmg than the path you just posted. It could just be me but i don't use supers that much unless i can take the round. The dmg without supers is just fine but you need meter to SB Coup/OMC to get decent dmg so i try to save my meter for that.

Lol my bad when I wrote 2AB i meant 2A > 2B as in the combo is

whatever > sweep >SBdroit > 2 4B sweep > 2A 2B > C mirror > [4]B xx buffu

Do Mitsuru have any midscreen safe jumps?

2B. I think S.Mitsuru's 5AAA and 5AAAAA should still be jump cancable on hit. Further nothing is jump cancelable. 

Yo ok, am I tripping? Mitsuru's 2B has a well timed version? If you just press it it does 550dmg, If you hold it all the way, it does 715dmg, if you hold it for just a bit it does 1100dmg and possibly more hitstun. (All of this is on counter hit)

It this already known? Or am I accidentally doing something else to trigger it? 

5AA > 6B > 2A+B OMC [2B] > [6B] > 2A+B > [2]8C > [6B] > 2A+B > [4]6B

im having trouble getting the second sweep to land after the OMC any tips?? 

@Antitidus

this is because if you release at the frame where you hit the opponent, it does more damage.  this is also in the first p4a.

both 2B and jB have this property of extra damage at frame release.

@pyro

same, I finally got the timing for the 2B>6B... now I cant connect the sweep or d bufula afterwards (depending on the combo)

would also like some tips on that.

Yo ok, am I tripping? Mitsuru's 2B has a well timed version? If you just press it it does 550dmg, If you hold it all the way, it does 715dmg, if you hold it for just a bit it does 1100dmg and possibly more hitstun. (All of this is on counter hit)

It this already known? Or am I accidentally doing something else to trigger it? 

Yes, her 2B has a Just-Frame, meaning that if you release it on a very specific frame (I don't know which one off the top of my head) you will do a fair amount of extra damage. Don't count on this being consistent though. Usually a combo will require fully held [2B] or unheld 2B. Pretty neat inclusion, regardless.

im having trouble getting the second sweep to land after the OMC any tips?? 

Assuming you are able to connect [2B] > [6B] after the OMC, just slightly delay the sweep and they'll land right on top of it as it's active.

Do Mitsuru have any midscreen safe jumps?

Mitsuru can safe jump after airborn hit auto-combo and sweep > A coup. Just hold up after A coup and you'll jump at the first possible frame, then use a falling j.B while holding back. If the opponent uses a DP/Furious-action, you'll block it after landing.

What is the sequence for the sideswap in one of yamashita's video...

2B> 2DD> instant airdash back> AC> jC?

after doing airdash, there is not enough time to switch direction and then jC.

any ideas on how to execute this combo?

so my opponent keep breaking out of the ice after before i can land the third sweep what am i doing wrong?

so my opponent keep breaking out of the ice after before i can land the third sweep what am i doing wrong?

The only thing I could think of is that you're doing the 5 too late. Otherwise there should be no reason for them to break out, whatsoever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOqa7cvESLU

this is what I was referring to, the starting sequence

You do have to do an airturn j.C. The timing is just very strict.

I think it's also required that you hit them really high, with like the tip of your 2B.

Anyone have any idea why charge c won't connect for me on challenge #20? I dont understand notation all to well. Any advice is apreciated. I can get it to combo on practice though.

Anyone have any idea why charge c won't connect for me on challenge #20? I dont understand notation all to well. Any advice is apreciated. I can get it to combo on practice though.

Don't charge the second 2B.

Don't charge the second 2B.

Isn't that in certain cases character specific? You can do a fully charged 2B against Teddie, for example.

Well, either way, I doubt it happens, considering this generally just isn't a very practical nor optimal route to go with.

For the sake of that challenge, we'll just go with what you said.

I'm amazed. Did you guys know Guard Cancel> SB Coup> SB Bufula> Mabufudyne> SB Myriad Arrows> D Shards> Release Kick is a thing?

It actually works. It has pretty minimal damage in general, but the SB Myriad Arrows and Mabufudyne should take care of that and still do up do 3~3.5k damage.

In cases like these, you can also just do a B Myriad Arrows and shoot 1, or do a SB Myraid Arrows and shoot 2 (delay the 1st until the Myriad Arrows is almost done) set of s hards to keep shards for after the kick for mixup/pressure reasons. In cases like these, I prefer a 3rd set over an extra 300-ish damage.

even when i dont charge 2b the charge c(bufula) still doesnt hit narukami just techs it instantly

Make sure you hit the opponent while they are still in the air with the 5 (Charged horizontal slash) and then isntantly do a 2B (Non charged upward stab) into the C Bufula (AIr-located Ice Mirror). 

The timing might be a little strict, but you instantly have to go into the C Bufula after the 2B, so you have to start charging the C Bufula the very second you do 5. Also, do a 6 instead, because you need to be right in their face for the C Bufula to connect.

Hope this helps. If it still doesn't, I'll see what else could possibly be the reason for it.