LegendaryRath

[P4AU] Mitsuru Kirijo Gameplay Discussion

I have Q's.

1. Can you charge mirror while backdashing?
  2. Can you cancel whiffed Ds with mirror?
  3. What is the optimal punish for someone running into mirror?
  4. What is the optimal punish for sniping someone with SB Droit?

I have Q's.

1. Yes. You can charge regardless of any situation. You can even charge during round calls. 

2. No, you cannot.

3. Depends on what mirror you hit them with and how quickly you are able to react, but for the sake of convenience I'll go with a generally applyable route.

Bufula> 5AA> 2B> 2DD> 5> 2AB> [4]6B. Corner varies as well, and you might be able to sneak in some more damage here and there, but that's situational.

Corner Bufula> 5> AoA~D. Depending on what mirror you can add a bit more, but the situation it'll lead to is inferior to AoA~D knockdown.

4. Again, depends on situation. But for convenience:

Late hitting SB Droit> 5AA> 5B> 5C(6)> [4]6A

Crouching late hitting SB Droit> 5AA> 5B> 2AB> [4]6B

Corner air hitting SB Droit> 2> 5> [2]8D> 5> AoA~D(> [4]6B).

Hope that helped.

I have Q's.

1. No. Backdash is 44. Bufula is [2]8. The motions don't overlap.

2. No. 5D/2D/j.D only cancel into 5DD/2DD/j.DD on whiff.

3. Depends on height and if they're close to the corner. Logically, the best thing you can hope for is a 5A combo. But if you know they're going to run into it, you can 5B. If they're somewhat airborne you can do 5 > sweep > droit B and pick the combo up in the corner. The whole someone running into the mirror isn't optimal in itself.

4. SB droit it depends on position as well. If you snag them crounching you can do SB droit > 5AA > 5B > sweep > droit B. This is your best combo since you can't do another SB droit (SMP on SB droit is insanely high). If you want to pick them up you will need to OMC the sweep, which isn't worth it unless you can win with it. Anyways, the combo would be SB droit > 5AA > 5B > sweep > OMC > 2 > bufula D > 5 > sweep > droit A/B (doing this combo off the top of my head). Works on non-counter if only the tip of Mitsuru's SB droit hits them while they're crouching, also crouching only. The easier combo to do would be CH SB droit > 5AA > 5B > 5C > droit A.

More Q's.

1. When Persona broken, what is a safe line of rushdown I can run?
  2. In general, how can I run a really obnoxious rushdown?

1-. Same as you would normally. Mitsuru doesn't really rely on her persona to put in pressure. The only move you use her persona to put in pressure would be maybe 5C

2-. auto combo a lot (stop at 2nd or 3rd) max range B droit (hold back). Basically you want to keep them blocking a lot until they respect it so you can throw out other stuff like charged 5B or sweep feint etc, mix it up with some throws and then go for throw baits. Mitsuru's rushdown is all about making the opp respect her because of her incredibly safe offense, then adapt to thei blocking choices/tendencies. Throw in some 2C so that you take advantage of them being blocking the whole time.

also I can't get out of my head how good is B droit after Auto combo in the new patch, I hope they don't change it 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjVCdJaSHAU

Mitsuru changes in 2.0.  Pretty much what we knew already, some things to note:

* I really REALLY like the charged 2B change, in the corner we can get 3.4k in the corner off a 5A on STANDING opponents (!)

* Combo into Tentarafoo looks great, maybe confusion this time is not as good but it still looks useful for oki

* Bufula can absorb projectiles up to 3 times now

Here are my observations/speculations.

Charged j.B now forces crouching.
Charged 2B now forces launch.
j.> 5AA> 5B> 2AB> [4]6B now does 2281 damage instead of 2542. Proration is probably worse.
5AA now does 552 damage instead of 594. Either damage has been reduced or the proration is worse.
5AA> 5B now does 888 damage instead of 986. I imagine 5B does less damage now as well, or 5AA's proration has gotten quite worse.
5AA> 5B> 2> 2D> 5> 2AB> [4]6B> 2A> 2B doesn't work now (tested on jumping opponent). It seems something has changed proration/SMP wise.
I assume it's 2, because 5AA> 5B> 2 does around the same damage as it does now once the 2 sets in. 2 seems to have less damage scalling in combo now as well as have much lower proration?
D Bufula now blocks up to 3(?) projectiles. Either that, or it blocks all projectiles and the active frames have strongly been reduced.
SB Bufula now appears infront of Mitsuru and moves forward.
Ice B Droit is now much more positive on block, opponents can't mash out.
Tentarafoo is much faster now. Might have less recovery too. It can be chained into now.
(C ) Tentarafoo now does 1000 damage instead of 1050.
2> 2DD> 5> 2> [2]8D> 5> 2AB does less damage than it does now from after the very first hit. This escalates whenever 5 is used and when the second 2 is used.
I imagine the proration on charged 2 and uncharged are seperate now, as well as that 5B/5 do less damage in general.

2b invul kicking in sooner is a godsend. 5b also has less recovery so uncharged 5b dash cancel might be plus on block. We lost 5b cancels on 5aaa which is a bummer.

I'm curious about the throw change. Will it be easier to do in the corner? Not that it was a hard combo. It just drops sometimes. Seems like all of Mitsuru's droit got buffed. Should make people hate her even more lol.

Aside from that there might be some interesting tech coming out of bufula and Tentarafoo. I can't wait.

Oh and SB mabufudyne is no longer invul. Now what use does it have outside of Shadow stuff?

So I'm gonna assume B droit after autocombo still works? We might need footage for that, but if she does it means she can always get knockdown from her autocombo at any range, which is pretty strong imo

So I'm gonna assume B droit after autocombo still works? We might need footage for that, but if she does it means she can always get knockdown from her autocombo at any range, which is pretty strong imo

This is the only thing I care about

Nice I always felt like 2B was over-nerfed and they needed to find a middle ground between the vanilla P4A and Ultimax in terms of invul. SB Droit Faster startup sounds kinda hilarious tho I will have fun with that.

You guys have a point. Droit b working at the end of auto combo would be massive. I can't believe I forgot about that. If it works it should make air confirms slightly easier. The damage will suffer midscreen but should be the same in the corner.

Oh yeah I want to go back on what I said about SB mabufudyne. I missed the part about less recovery. Depending on how much recovery was reduced she might be able to use it for combos without fatal counter or 5C counter hit.

SB Mabufudyne losing invul makes it useless for neutral again. 
That's going to be a punch to the face reversal wise. 
I didn't use it much at all, but it was great to have in the back-pocket.

Probably not, it maybe possible in the corner assuming sb still does 5 hits.

The only shadow combo that I know that does not use sb bufula is the burst safe combo that omcs into mabufu that only does 4.5k.  That will probably change too since the meter usage is different.

She will probably only have combos in the corner for shadow fury. Also SB mabufudyne might become a replacement thanks to less recovery. There's also less recovery on bufula c so maybe that can be used. Bufula c into shadow fury into bufula SB seems like it would work.

Guys. GUYS. Autocombo into B Coup WORKS!

Edit: also, you get a 2A pickup into a full corner combo off autocombo.

Oh man. I think Mitsuru might be broke. Her corner carry and knockdown might have hit the next level with that. Like I said before it's an easy air hit confirm that always leads to carry and knockdown and does great meter less damage in the corner.

Also I realized something in the patch notes. They increased the blowback of her ground throw so that means her corner carry is even stronger off that. Seems like they're improving something she already excelled at.

Ok yeah Mitsuru is gonna be top tier again. 

I wonder if they kept the Setsuna nerf (the kick) as well. Anyways being able to get knockdown off anything if HUGE for her plus 2B inv coming sooner is too good.

Speaking of groundthrow: counterhit ground throw combo'd into SB coup and then autocombo, but the last part of the autocombo dropped. CH Throw > SB Coup > 5AA > A Coup probably would have worked? Either way, midscreen CH throw comboing is a pretty big deal. Also, for clarity, the autocombo combo'd because the sheer corner carry brought the opponent to the corner from over midscreen away.

Also, SB Coup is /5 frames/ at point blank range. Holy shit. At larger spacings it seems to be 6 frames until it connects, which is to be expected.

So, its seems we are back to meterless corner combos that works even on STANDING opponents AND knockdown from autocombo. Also all the other various buffs to her other moves is just the cherry on top. I'm foaming at the mouth here lol (*´Д`)

Guys. GUYS. Autocombo into B Coup WORKS!

Edit: also, you get a 2A pickup into a full corner combo off autocombo.

Something like standing hit 5AAA > B coup > 2A > 2B > C bufu > etc.?