LegendaryRath

[P4AU] Mitsuru Kirijo Gameplay Discussion

Would you guys please look at my 4 matches in this tournament and critisize it?

Give me the best of your assesments, please.

Tournament footage

12:00 vs Margaret (Inahkz)
46:20 vs Aigis (DStar)

One note I do have to make, I dropped out of the tournament afterwards because I was on serious pain killers, because i had surgery the day before and earlier that day.
So I was kind of out of it, and wasn't feeling well at all. (Was spitting blood inbetween the matches, lol.) Still, give me your harshest critique.

What's the trick to using charge characters? I wanna use Mitsuru but I can't really do any of her combos that have Droit or Bufula :(

The trick is really just getting into the habit of buffering charges and recognizing when you can start buffering stuff.

Lets take this simple combo from the combo thread as an example: 2AAA > [4]6A. If you recognize that you can input the 2AAA part as 1AAA to get your 4 charge, then you shouldn't have any problems to get the droit at the end. 

Would you guys please look at my 4 matches in this tournament and critisize it?

Give me the best of your assesments, please.

Tournament footage

12:00 vs Margaret (Inahkz)

46:20 vs Aigis (DStar)

One note I do have to make, I dropped out of the tournament afterwards because I was on serious pain killers, because i had surgery the day before and earlier that day.

So I was kind of out of it, and wasn't feeling well at all. (Was spitting blood inbetween the matches, lol.) Still, give me your harshest critique.

I'm about to go to bed, but I can watch all of it after classes tomorrow. Trust me I know what it's like to be on serious meds at a tournament. Hope you're feeling ok now!

I -almost- had the urge to say you should have posted in the critique thread... then I realized we don't have one. Woops lol

I'm about to go to bed, but I can watch all of it after classes tomorrow. Trust me I know what it's like to be on serious meds at a tournament. Hope you're feeling ok now!

I -almost- had the urge to say you should have posted in the critique thread... then I realized we don't have one. Woops lol

I noticed and was thinking of making one, but it seemed kind of self centered and unnecessary to make one just for my critique, lol. I'll make one now anyway.

And thanks a bunch. I am still recovering, but am feeling better than I did at first. Sadly this one will take a while to recover.

For the record, I don't mind if people make threads like that in the future so long as it's brought up first. I just might end up hijacking it at some point with updates lol

found imori's blog through his twitter, seems like he just posted a bunch of combo routes for 2.0 mitsuru.

http://ahimori.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-50.html

interesting note on his older entries

1.1 combos which are still relevant to us

http://ahimori.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-45.html

some frame data for 1.1 which was never on dustloop wiki

like 5b dashcancel is -3 on block, 5dashcancel is +4, minihop cancel stuff plus more

edit, and matchup tips which are mostly 5a dashcancel, lol

SB bufula oki looks pretty strong.  It seems that Mitsuru can get two attempts at mix-up while the mirror is out. If she breaks defense on first hit, the opponent looks to be high enough in the air such that she can do B droit and pick up with 2A. I'm not certain about the second hit breaking defense and the opponent being high enough to continue the combo without SB droit.

SB bufula oki looks pretty strong. It seems that Mitsuru can get two attempts at mix-up while the mirror is out. If she breaks defense on first hit, the opponent looks to be high enough in the air such that she can do B droit and pick up with 2A. I'm not certain about the second hit breaking defense and the opponent being high enough to continue the combo without SB droit.

Do you happen to have a video link with this? I haven't seen it used that way yet.

https://twitter.com/imoriA1/status/570589938867154944

imori tweeted out that shadow mits's 5aa and 5aaa are better with -5 and -6 on block. (previously -9 and -14)

That is a major buff. Glad to hear her old auto combo is better again.

I prefer regular Mitsuru's, though. It makes for better pressure.

Hey Reako, as a relatively new player to the game/character I watched your tutorial and it helped out a lot, just wanted to say thanks!

I have a question though, as my execution is still terrible I'm having trouble consistently getting the 2B>([5B]2)>D Bufula>5B part of the crouching corner BnB, I noticed that by just going from 2B>D Bufula>5B>AoA etc it only does 100 damage less, is there really any point to practicing the former combo that i'm not aware of such as better positioning etc? I think meter gain is practically the same.

Hey Reako, as a relatively new player to the game/character I watched your tutorial and it helped out a lot, just wanted to say thanks!

I have a question though, as my execution is still terrible I'm having trouble consistently getting the 2B>([5B]2)>D Bufula>5B part of the crouching corner BnB, I noticed that by just going from 2B>D Bufula>5B>AoA etc it only does 100 damage less, is there really any point to practicing the former combo that i'm not aware of such as better positioning etc? I think meter gain is practically the same.

I'm really glad to hear my tutorial video helped you out!

As for your question, meter gain wise it will make a difference depending on whether it was a meterless or meter requiring confirm. If it required meter it'll generally give you 1 meter more. But if the combo didn't require meter it would make slightly more difference. Still not much, though. As for damage, it really does only do around a 100 damage more, but sometimes small stuff like that can make a big difference. You'll also need to learn the 5> [2]8D route for other combos as well, and in some cases you can't substitute that for anything else.

All in all, it's not required, there are always less damaging easier routes to do, so if you really can't do it, skip it until you're more comfortable trying it, but until then, keep practicing at it. Spacing wise or any such thing it makes no difference at all. In some combos you can't even do it and will have to go straight into D Bufula from 2 anyway.

But I have something else that might be useful for you then. IF you don't do the extra 5 after the 2, you can do [4]6B (B Coup) extra at the end of your AoA to make up for the damage. It'll give you weaker knockdown and a less safe use of Marin Karin on the other hand there, though.

Simplified, it's not necessary at all. Just skip it until you're comfortable doing it, but don't give up on trying to learn it, as it's always useful to be able to do more damage quickly and learn stronger routes. It's ''free'' extra damage, after all.

I hope that cleared things up for you. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me.

This characters seems to have a strong ground game, so I'd really like to learn her. I also want to throw a fur coat over my opponents :)

Could someone please explain the advantages of playing S.Mitsuru over regular Mitsuru? If it's already been pointed out, I can try searching this thread again.

Your 2.0 example doesn't tell the whole truth. If that were the case S-Mitsuru wouldn't be top tier atm.

Can you give a better example then please? I don't really play this character so perhaps you guys who actually play Mitsuru can? This was the first example I thought of when it came to 2.0 haha.

But yeah, I honestly can't find a reason why anybody would want to play normal Mitsuru, especially in 2.0 since Shadow characters have been "normalized" now, unless someone can enlighten me.

This characters seems to have a strong ground game, so I'd really like to learn her. I also want to throw a fur coat over my opponents :)

Could someone please explain the advantages of playing S.Mitsuru over regular Mitsuru? If it's already been pointed out, I can try searching this thread again.

1.1 - S.Mitsuru is easier since she does more damage, but Mitsuru is fundamentally better. I feel like S.Mitsuru is a crutch tbh, but she can also function as a viable counterpick.

2.0 - S.Mitsuru doesn't have meter cooldown and has access to Awakening supers at all times, making her the better pick.

1.1 - S.Mitsuru is easier since she does more damage, but Mitsuru is fundamentally better. I feel like S.Mitsuru is a crutch tbh, but she can also function as a viable counterpick.

2.0 - S.Mitsuru doesn't have meter cooldown and has access to Awakening supers at all times, making her the better pick.

Thanks for the explanation, LK.  From the sounds of it, I should probably learn Mitsuru first then transition to S.Mitsuru when 2.0 drops.

You all have been a big help.