LegendaryRath

[P4AU] Mitsuru Kirijo Gameplay Discussion

I was actually gonna ask about that since I felt Mitsusu was pretty strong in 2.0 but now I think there's little reason to pick her over S.Mitsuru unless I'm missing something

2b launches on standing what?????

is there a change list for her yet?

is she broken so i can play another broken character in this broken game?

Looking in potentially maining or subbing Mits, can anyone give me some names of really good players to look up?

Looking in potentially maining or subbing Mits, can anyone give me some names of really good players to look up?

Yamashita is the only name you need.

So I've been using mitsuru for a couple weeks now and have been watching her gameplay here and there. Coming from using Chie i have a few question. What is her overall gameplan, not matchup specifics but in general? Coming from using a rushdown character i have a tendency to try and rush down with her but i have a hard time opening up my opponent, what are some good ways to help open them up more?

Just gonna quote myself.

She plays neutral game patient and spaces a lot. Mitsuru can't be too aggressive since her normals are slow. So she has to take advantage of her range and make the opponent weary of DPing or rolling out of pressure. Ultimate objective is to get them in the corner because her grabs become scary. Her best poke is 5A. She can use 2A or j.A if the situation demands it. 5D is okay, just don't do it too much.

Basically, Mitsuru just capitalizes on people pressing buttons, and has perhaps the best corner carry in the game. I use 2D more than her other D moves. If the opponent jumps a lot, consider tossing out 2D, they'll regret it. J.D has its uses versus zoners.

Most times you can droit B approach if the opponent is airborne and falling down. You really need to know the tools the opponent has though. For instance, don't toss it out like crazy against zoners. Find an opening and then do droit. Though, you'll probably get more mileage out of droit A vs zoners.

Any charge buffering tips (or just tips in general for doing combos)? I can do some of the basic shorter combos. But for the ones that include D moves (2D/D, 5DD, jDD) my bufula comes out inconsistently and by that i mean once ever twenty attemps or so.

What are some good blockstrings? I usually just stagger 5A at max poke range, or 5AAA>5C if my opponent has been jumping out. What am i supposed to be baiting out or going for during blockstrings? I'm still not sure when to be aggressive or just hold back with Mitsuru

Yo what's up? I'm new to anime fighters in general, wanting to main Mitsuru in P4. What is her gameplan & what are the key BNBs to start out with to get started. Neutral? etc

Yo what's up? I'm new to anime fighters in general, wanting to main Mitsuru in P4. What is her gameplan & what are the key BNBs to start out with to get started. Neutral? etc

I don't play Mitsuru but I think I can help out a bit.

To start off, be sure to check out her wiki page! Lots of good info about her various normals and tools and how best to use them

You should also check out LordKnight's quick overview of Mitsuru from back when he did a quick overview of all the P4AU characters.

For Combos, I managed to find this four part combo tutorial for Mtisuru on Jourdal's YT channel that might help you out when you combine it with what's in the combo thread.

Mitsuru Combo Tutorial

A Starters

B Starters

C and D Starters

Various Starters

Anyone know things mitsuru can do to counter fuzzy jump os? Only thing i can think is maybe 5AA>feint sweep>2B or 2A>2A ?

Any charge buffering tips (or just tips in general for doing combos)? I can do some of the basic shorter combos. But for the ones that include D moves (2D/D, 5DD, jDD) my bufula comes out inconsistently and by that i mean once ever twenty attemps or so.

Always charge moves by holding 1 during combos, unless it's a specific case.

5> 2> [2]8D - Charge right after the 5> You can do it and while holding it start charging down already. In most cases you will even be able to delay the charged 2, giving you more leniency to charge the move. This works for all whip confirms.

5B/5> 2AB> [2]8C - There should be plenty of time to charge these.

2> 5> [2]8D - These are the trickiest. You'll have to start charging down as soon as the 5 starts and even have to delay it slightly after the 5 having hit. This route is only necessary for corner confirms, though.

I hope these helped you cover your issues. If you have any other charging issues, let me know. Coup charging should never be a problem, unless you accidentally mess up.

@Other post about stagger:

Stagger pressure with Mitsuru is something, as with every character, that you have to get used to.

Remember that you can always delay anything to bait mashing and/or jumping away, aside from 5B> 2AB, which does this automatically. Delaying that will let them hit you or let them jump away.

Secondly, you can go into Marin Karin from pretty much anything that is not a special to quickly reset pressure afterwards. Don't do this in your opponent's mash-out range, though.

5A (Optional backstep)

5AA

5AA> 5B (Go into Marin Karin from here if you want to reset. Don't wait for the recovery, it is huge.)

5AA> 5B> 2AB (Marin Karin as well)

2AAA> 5C (Catches jump outs)

2AA> 5B> 5C (Catches jump outs)

XX> 5C> [2]8D (Catches jump outs. And mashing from a respectable range.)

XX> 5C> Backstep 5C (Catches late jumpouts and rolls. Loses to quick mashing and jumpouts. Works better than you think.)

XX> 5C> dash cancel (Do 2B to catch jump outs, 5A to pressure and throw to throw them. They can mash out. Always minus. More minus in the middle. First 3 and last 3 hits is -3 IIRC, second set and second to last is -5 IIRC, Dash canceling on the 9th hit is -7 IIRC. These numbers might be seriously off. One thing is for sure, its is more the closer to the middle of the 15 hits you get.)

5B> dash cancel (Same mixups as from the 5C dash cancel. is -1 IIRC.)

5> dash cancel (Same mixups as from the 5C and 5B dash cancel. Is +3, for certain.)

2A> 2B> 5B/5C (5C catches jump outs, 5B is a blockstring.)

2B> jump cancel IAD air turn j.A/j.B (Requires j.B on Kanji and Chie, j.A will wiff, no matter what.)

2B> jump cancel back IAD j.D~delay D> 5AA> (The delay of the 5D follow makes it more plus, this making it a blockstring (might be DPable, at least they can't do anything else. Every whip's pull can be delayed for a better frame advantage.

There are many more things you can do with Mitsuru. She's quite lenient when it comes to her pressure, you just need to know what beats what. Try checking her gatling chart to see where you can go from where.

Often used gatlings by me, that are useful are 5A> 2B, 2B> 5B, 5B> 5C, 5AA> 2C, 5C> 2C, 5AAA> 6B, 5AAA> 5C (Corner, mostly). I would advice from going into sweep often aside from things like 5A, 5C and 5B. Going into sweep from things like 5AA isn't adviced, as you're already close and they can mash you out. It's not that bad to do from 5AAA, as the big pushback makes it safer. Shorthopping moves like sweep and 5B/5 isn't such a bad thing to do either to reset pressure in a slightly more dangerious way and mix things up a little bit here and there. Further, just keep playing with Mitsuru and experimenting with her. You'll figure things out eventually, most certainly.

@ Other post about Fuzzy:

2B is a good fuzzy killer, as wel as any delay pressure. But the one that works absolute wonders (IMO) is:

2A> 2B. If they don't do the fuzzy jump quickly enough, the 2B will counterhit them because Mitsuru's 2A has almost no blockstun at all. you can react to this, and if you do 2A> 2B> 5, you can get a pretty decently stronger meterless combo on them, both midscreen and in the corner. You can also do 2A> 2B> 2[AB]> XX pickup. Feint sweep, and in case they got hit, pick up with, for example, 5A, just pick them right out of the air. I would advice against doing 2DD straight after the 2B, if you're hoping to hit them and catch their fuzzy jump, as it'll wiff if they block it and it'll leave you quite open. 2DD has almost no recovery, but on wiff it'll definitely be punishable if they react quickly enough. 

I hope these bits of information helped you out. Feel free to ask me anything else, and if you'd like more on the spot help with your issues, I have a quite well filled Mitsuru Kirijo group chat, where multiple people can answer any questions you might have and solve any troubles you might come across. Simply message me your skype username and I'll add you to the chat.

I don't play Mitsuru but I think I can help out a bit.

To start off, be sure to check out her wiki page! Lots of good info about her various normals and tools and how best to use them

You should also check out LordKnight's quick overview of Mitsuru from back when he did a quick overview of all the P4AU characters.

For Combos, I managed to find this four part combo tutorial for Mtisuru on Jourdal's YT channel that might help you out when you combine it with what's in the combo thread.

Mitsuru Combo Tutorial

A Starters

B Starters

C and D Starters

Various Starters

Sorry for just now responding. Been busy. Thanks for the info & guides.