LegendaryRath

[P4AU] Mitsuru Kirijo Gameplay Discussion

Yes with the exception of new characters like Rise, Ken, etc.

Also can you test out if you can do corner throw, 5aa, 5b, 2(b), 2d, 5(b), sweep, droit b? Just wanted to know if its possible and if it is wats the damage on it

*droit b doesn't connect but droit a does? And it did like 2533 which is shorter than the one u posted up

Thats good to know...Thanks...Also, what would you say would be her overall gameplan? I have an idea since watching vids of her but I feel kind of lost so far =[

Her gameplan tends to be similar to a zoner. She spaces but also tries to force the opponent to press a button. Her main goal is to get the opponent in the corner so that they fear her corner throw combo. Once they fear it she can do all manner of throw baits to do lots of damage.

Just check out some gameplay of Yamashita. He plays fairly passive and tries to get the opponent to press a button all the time.

Also can you test out if you can do corner throw, 5aa, 5b, 2(b), 2d, 5(b), sweep, droit b? Just wanted to know if its possible and if it is wats the damage on it

*droit b doesn't connect but droit a does? And it did like 2533 which is shorter than the one u posted up

I managed to do the combo with droit B ender fine. Her optimal route for now is corner throw > 5AA > 5B > 2 > bufula D > 5 > sweep > droit B. She can also get 7k off a FC throw in the corner, which is pretty cool. Rare to be sure, but Rise's DP is fatal recovery and it has like 40F window after she does the zap, but then again, I would go for a 5B if that where the case.

Air Throw OMB DOES Work on:

Naoto, Yukiko,Narukami,Yosuke,Chie,Ken,Yukari,Mitsuru,Aigis,Elizabeth,Akihiko,

Shabrys,Labrys,Junpei,Rise

Air Throw OMB Does NOT work on:

Adachi,Kanji,Sho,Teddie,Minazuki

Hmm, anyone got an optimal CH air throw route? I've been doing CH air throw > 2DD > 4B > sweep > droit B and it doesn't feel like there's much more you can do with it. But I've seen Yamashita do CH air throw > dash 5 > 2 > bufula D > sweep > droit B. That combo did more damage but the time is all kinds of weird.

On a related note is super plus when she does 5 > dash cancel. If you go for a throw immediately afterwards you'll whiff so you can either delay the throw or go for 5A safely. The opponent can't mash out even if they IB, throw will still whiff on IB. Right now though, since most people I've played mash out of 5, it's probably best to go with 5B > 5C > backdash > 5C. You'd be amazed how many times that works.

I was looking at the frame data and noticed there are frames for droit through bufula. So I was wondering do those frames apply after I do super into droit or do they only apply to the actual 2(8) c/d moves?

I was looking at the frame data and noticed there are frames for droit through bufula. So I was wondering do those frames apply after I do super into droit or do they only apply to the actual 2(8) c/d moves?

I'm pretty sure the frame data is specifically for [4]6A or [4]6B on block after going through ice.

So is anyone else getting bodied by [4]6+AC being Tentarafoo instead of roll now? I've already died so many times b/c of that ;;

I didn't notice that was the case because I usually hold 4 when I roll. I suppose that could be a solution ;)

So is anyone else getting bodied by [4]6+AC being Tentarafoo instead of roll now? I've already died so many times b/c of that ;;

You sure it's 4(6)+AC??? I get it just fine with 4(6)+CD :O

I'm pretty sure the frame data is specifically for [4]6A or [4]6B on block after going through ice.

I didn't notice that was the case because I usually hold 4 when I roll. I suppose that could be a solution ;)

You are right....I don't know what I was thinking lol

You sure it's 4(6)+AC??? I get it just fine with 4(6)+CD :O

What he's saying is that if you are holding back and then try to roll whole holding forward, you will get tentarafoo instead of roll. Input priority makes several things like that happen, so you occasionally need to be careful.

I guess I just have to get into the habit of not holding the direction I want to roll in. I'ts just always something I did throughout the entirety of P4A. I also get SB tentarafoo a lot when trying to do: holding back while doing w/e > dash > throw. :/

I get SB tentarafoo from trying throw, but I decided not to go for that route anymore. I'll just throw from dash cancels or sweep feints. Or the occasional run up throws. Also, I don't think people are facing very many Mitsurus because my throw baits don't work despite going for run up throws a lot.

Anyways, here are some punish combos. standing FC 5B > dash cancel > 2A > 2B > 5B > sweep > droit B (you can OMC the sweep if you want)

corner FC 5 > 2C > 2 > 5 > sweep > droit B > 2A > 5C[15] > bufula D > 5 > AoA~D > droit B > bufudyne (mitsuru's tend to IAD back after AoA~D)

corner CH 5C[15] > sweep > droit B > 2A > 2B > bufula C > 5 > sweep > droit B (pretty common punish from backstep 5C)

midscreen j.DD > 5AA > 2 > 2DD > 4 > sweep > droit B (not optimal, but easier to confirm. optimal version does 300 damage more, just change the 5AA to 4)

if you want to switch sides 5DD > 2DD > IAD > 5AAA. Basically, anytime you do 2DD, you can opt to IAD to switch sides.

2B, CH 5C, sweep, FC of any kind, are starters Mitsuru can use where she doesn't need to SB droit in the corner for combo pick up.

I'm thinking the best punish for 5A or droit A midscreen against a standing opponent might be X > 5B > 5C > droit A.

What he's saying is that if you are holding back and then try to roll whole holding forward, you will get tentarafoo instead of roll. Input priority makes several things like that happen, so you occasionally need to be careful.

Ok that makes more sense to me now 

I get SB tentarafoo from trying throw, but I decided not to go for that route anymore. I'll just throw from dash cancels or sweep feints. Or the occasional run up throws. Also, I don't think people are facing very many Mitsurus because my throw baits don't work despite going for run up throws a lot.

Anyways, here are some punish combos. standing FC 5B > dash cancel > 2A > 2B > 5B > sweep > droit B (you can OMC the sweep if you want)

corner FC 5 > 2C > 2 > 5 > sweep > droit B > 2A > 5C[15] > bufula D > 5 > AoA~D > droit B > bufudyne (mitsuru's tend to IAD back after AoA~D)

corner CH 5C[15] > sweep > droit B > 2A > 2B > bufula C > 5 > sweep > droit B (pretty common punish from backstep 5C)

midscreen j.DD > 5AA > 2 > 2DD > 4 > sweep > droit B (not optimal, but easier to confirm. optimal version does 300 damage more, just change the 5AA to 4)

if you want to switch sides 5DD > 2DD > IAD > 5AAA. Basically, anytime you do 2DD, you can opt to IAD to switch sides.

2B, CH 5C, sweep, FC of any kind, are starters Mitsuru can use where she doesn't need to SB droit in the corner for combo pick up.

I'm thinking the best punish for 5A or droit A midscreen against a standing opponent might be X > 5B > 5C > droit A.

I can't get the timing on the 2B > 5B on the first combo but I have been relying on this combo depending on how far the FC 5B connects:

FC 5B > 2(B) > 2DD > 4(B) > 2(B) > bufula D > 5(B) > sweep > droit B = ~3.6k

If the 5B hits the tip, then just dash cancel on it

Also, in your first combo, what would you OMC the sweep into? Just wanted to know wat you would continue from there and compare the damage

I can't get the timing on the 2B > 5B on the first combo but I have been relying on this combo depending on how far the FC 5B connects:

FC 5B > 2(B) > 2DD > 4(B) > 2(B) > bufula D > 5(B) > sweep > droit B = ~3.6k

If the 5B hits the tip, then just dash cancel on it

Also, in your first combo, what would you OMC the sweep into? Just wanted to know wat you would continue from there and compare the damage

OMC the sweep into 2 > 5 > sweep > bufula C > 5 > sweep > droit B

For FC 5 you could go with 5 > dash cancel > 5C > dash cancel > 5B > 2 > 2DD > 4 > 2 > bufula D > 5 > sweep > droit

For 2 > 5 to connect you need to slightly delay the OMC then do 2 > 5. The actual notation is probably 2 > 6 since it's easier to connect that way.

Here are some combos I have been working out.

Second part corner, first part midscreen.

Imput
Damage, Meter Cost, Meter Gain

5AA> 5B> 2AB> OMC> 2> D Bufula> 5> AoA~D> A Coup 
3683­, 50, 13

(FC) 5B> 2AB> B Coup> OMC> j.DD> 5> 5C(15)> DC> 2> 5> D Bufula> 5> 2AB> B Coup
4678, 50, 17

(FC) 2B> 2DD> 5> 5C> DC> 5> 2> D Bufula> 5> 2AB> B Coup
3737, 0, 34
(FC) 2B> 2DD> 5> 5C> SB Bufula> Mabufudyne> 5> 2AB> B Coup> {C}> 5> 2AB> A Coup> {C}> B Myriad Arrows (Hold)> {D}> (Release)
7490, 125, 17

(FC) A Coup> 5B> 2AB> OMC> 2> 5> 2AB> C BUfula> 5> 2AB> B Coup
4299, 50, 13

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5A> 2AB> B Coup
1699, 0, 12
5A> 2AB> SB Coup> 2> 5> D Bufula> 5> AoA~D> B Coup
3986, 25, 10
5A> 2AB> SB Coup> 2> 5> D Bufula> 5> AoA~D> B Coup> D Bufudyne
4886, 75, 16
5A> 2AB> SB Coup> 2> 5> D Bufula> 5> 2AB> B Coup> D Bufudyne> B Myriad Arrows
5551, 125, 8
5A> 2AB> B Coup> D Bufudyne> Mabudyne> B Myriad Arrows (Hold)> (Release)> {D}
5128, 150, 0
5A> 2AB> SB Coup> 2> 5> D Bufula> 5> AoA~D> SB Bufula> Mabufudyne> B Myriad Arrorws (Hold)> {D}> (Release)
7387, 150, 3

(FC)5B> 2AB> B Coup> 2A> 2> 5> 5C> 2D> 5> 2AB> C Bufula> 5> B Coup
4853, 0, 45
(FC)5B> 2AB> B Coup> 2A> 5C> 2> 5> D Bufula> 5> AoA~D> SB Bufula> Mabufudyne> B Myriad Arrows (Hold)> {D}> (Release)
8517, 125, 25

5C(15)> 2AB> SB Coup> 2> 5> 2AB> B Coup> 2A> 2B> C Bufula> 5> B Coup 
4543, 25, 12
5C(15)> 2AB> SB Coup> 2> 5> D Bufula> 5> AoA~D(18)> SB Bufula> Mabufudyne> B Myriad Arrows (Hold)> {D}> (Release)
8124, 150, 3

CD> 5AA> 5B> 2> D Bufula> AoA~D> SB Bufula> Mabufudyne> B Myriad Arrows (Hold)> {D}> (Release)
6036, 125, 25

j.CD> 5> 2AB> C Bufula> AoA~D> SB Bufula> Mabufudyne> B Myriad Arrows (Hold)> {D}> (Release)
6981, 125, 25

(FC)DP> SB Coup> 2> 5> D Bufula> 5> AoA~D> SB Bufula> Mabufudyne> B Myriad Arrows (Hold)> {D}> (Release)
7135, 150, 3

For the corner, try going FC 5 > 2C(optional) > 2 > 5 > sweep, it yields more damage. Also, if you're using Mabufudyne, it's actually better to cancel 5C into Mabufudyne so that you can get a second kick, provided you have enough meter.

Anyways here's the barebones of what I'm referring to. FC 5 > 2 > 5 > sweep > droit B > 2A > 5C[15] > Mabufudyne > 2A > 2B > C > 236236A > delayed C > kick > C > 236236B > delay D > kick. Nets about 9.6k. Add burst it does a shade over 10k.

There's a better version of that combo that does 11k. I'll post that up. Neta combos are pretty fun to do.

FC 5 > 5 > sweep > OMB > 5 > sweep > droit B > 2A > 2B > 4 > 5C[15] > Mabufudyne > 2A > droit A > 236236A > C > C > kick > C > 236236B > delay D > kick does 11047 damage according to the video.

Also ignore the first bit I said. Seems 5 > 5 is the way to go.

To solve the problem of D Tentarafoo not hitting fullscreen, do [4]66D so you run forward while doing it

Sorta useful vs zoners i guess?

To solve the problem of D Tentarafoo not hitting fullscreen, do [4]66D so you run forward while doing it

Sorta useful vs zoners i guess?

Yes it is quite useful. Though, I've occasionally been doing SB tentarafoo. It works really well against Rise and other Mitsuru's who like to 5D after burst. When Rise's burst, they like to set things up or do that orbital thing. I don't think SB tentarafoo can beat out her doing the orbital, it can if the Rise delays it slightly though. I haven't really used tentarafoo much outside of those match-ups.

I'm just glad SB tentarafoo beats Narukami's lightning car. I just toss it out whenever I smell one coming, works more often than not. Sometimes can go under Yukiko's stuff as well, when you see a gap in the zoning but are too far away to do anything else.

It might be useful against Sho/Minazuki's as well, if they like throwing that slow knife. Pretty situational since the fast knife beats SB Tentarafoo. And if he's doing slow knife, you're better off punishing it with droit B. Also, right now, the Minazuki's like to do that switchroo teleport thing, so I end up using 2D more.

It might have some use against Labrys and Shadow Labrys to catch them doing Chain Knuckle. I don't know about SB Tentarafoo's usefulness against Titanomachia. I do know if you do SB tentarafoo at the same time Shadow Labrys does Titanomachia you'll hit her out of it.

For the corner, try going FC 5 > 2C(optional) > 2 > 5 > sweep, it yields more damage. Also, if you're using Mabufudyne, it's actually better to cancel 5C into Mabufudyne so that you can get a second kick, provided you have enough meter.

Anyways here's the barebones of what I'm referring to. FC 5 > 2 > 5 > sweep > droit B > 2A > 5C[15] > Mabufudyne > 2A > 2B > C > 236236A > delayed C > kick > C > 236236B > delay D > kick. Nets about 9.6k. Add burst it does a shade over 10k.

There's a better version of that combo that does 11k. I'll post that up. Neta combos are pretty fun to do.

FC 5 > 5 > sweep > OMB > 5 > sweep > droit B > 2A > 2B > 4 > 5C[15] > Mabufudyne > 2A > droit A > 236236A > C > C > kick > C > 236236B > delay D > kick does 11047 damage according to the video.

Also ignore the first bit I said. Seems 5 > 5 is the way to go.

These were non-fully charged 5B combos, though. I'm working my way up, but I'm busy and my game got stolen for a week. I just got it back today. Thanks for the info, though.

Is it humanely possible to do 2 SB Drills in quick succession. Because when I played earlier someone did yolo SB drill in neutral and we traded but another SB drill immediately came out and the fool went into a combo

And is it known exactly how + she is after drill combo ender on a standing opponent.