LegendaryRath

[P4AU] Mitsuru Kirijo Gameplay Discussion

Is it humanely possible to do 2 SB Drills in quick succession. Because when I played earlier someone did yolo SB drill in neutral and we traded but another SB drill immediately came out and the fool went into a combo

And is it known exactly how + she is after drill combo ender on a standing opponent.

Please stop calling it drill, lol. It's Coup (Droit). Ans if is not exactly known, to my knowledge, but fast characters like Chie and Yosuke might be able to beat Mitsuru if close enough. Though I am not sure about that. In either case, you are positive, if you keep doing 5A after Coup, you should win regardless of who you are playing against.

Is it humanely possible to do 2 SB Drills in quick succession. Because when I played earlier someone did yolo SB drill in neutral and we traded but another SB drill immediately came out and the fool went into a combo

And is it known exactly how + she is after drill combo ender on a standing opponent.

By trade do you mean clash? I think sometimes when that happens it resets the charge and you're allowed to do another one if you pressed the button again. It's pretty wonky.

If Mitsuru ends a combo with droit A she's plus enough to always beat out anything you do with 5A. If she doesn't beat it out, consider it netplay, and you got lucky.

I didn't save the replay but it wasn't a clash. We were both hit and another one came out immediately after. It might have been the same concept as if it clashed though.

I'd say it was netplay because even when I tried to roll after the droit I'd be hit. Have the recovery on A droit changed or has it just never been known exactly how plus she is

I didn't save the replay but it wasn't a clash. We were both hit and another one came out immediately after. It might have been the same concept as if it clashed though.

I'd say it was netplay because even when I tried to roll after the droit I'd be hit. Have the recovery on A droit changed or has it just never been known exactly how plus she is

Droit A recovery hasn't changed. She's -4 up close, -1 if she only hits with the tip. The start up is quick enough that she can catch rolls with it. Also, even if you roll her 5A, the recovery on that changed so that she can catch the roll.

A new Mitsuru player reporting in! I'm also new to Persona. I'll drop some questions when and if I get confused about something. 

Continue!

A new Mitsuru player reporting in! I'm also new to Persona. I'll drop some questions when and if I get confused about something. 

Continue!

Glad to have you here. Don't ever hesitate to ask for help whenever you are confused about something :)

Continue!

I'd be glad to answer any of your questions as properly as possible.

Continue!

I'm not a new Mitsuru player, and I'm somewhat used to Persona (got into playing it about a month and a half ago), but I am new to forums and consulting others for help reguarding better ways to use her. I've had to do it on my own since P4U, and I was told about this site by a good friend of mine. So I'm also learning, haha XD ! ! !

Rath, some of the frame data listed for Mitsuru is off. It says her SB Myriad Arrows has 8 frames startup, like the B variant. This is wrong. It has the damage (ex. kick) of the B variant, but the speed of the A variant.

Corner cross up reset: Throw> 5AA> 5B> 2> D Bufula> dash C/D/SB Tentarafoo

*C Tentarafoo recommended, fastest startup, lowest recovery. 

Also, did anyone know that you can OMC the first AND second hit of Tentarafoo? The second hit is pretty easily follow up-able if you're not too far away. Something simple like 5AA> 2B> 2DD> 5> 2AB> B Coup does 3175 damage. Myriad Arrows super possible afterwards. Leads up to 3884 damage.

The real devastation, though, lies in the (perfectly combinable with the above mentioned reset) is the ''reset''/''free combo'' OMC. It cannot be done on reaction, so it's a gamble, but you'd have to OMC anyway when they block it, because you'll be negative, insanely negative.
Anywho, if you OMC the first hit, they won't get blown away, and will stay frozen for the period of a !Bufudyne!. This gives you enough time to jump over them (or evasion dash) and do a fully charged 5B. There is NO extra proration involved either. (except for some reason the very first hit does 30% less damage, but every consecutive hit does the full 100% as if the combo was started by whatever you use. The same way you'll be able to do the full combo of whatever moved you decided to ''start'' with. So, this reset, with a bit of luck and 75 meter (25 for the combo) can net you a neat 4.5k. 

e.i Throw> 5AA> 5B> 2> D Bufula> dash C Tentarafoo(1)> OMC> cross up> 5> 2AB> SB Coup> 2> 5> D Bufula> 5> AoA~D> B Coup

does approximately 6.5k damage for 50 meter.

And that's not the end of it. There is enough time, freeze time that is, to do Mabufudyne and then run up and do a fully charged 5 if you OMC on the first hit. With only a small 30% paycheck on the first hit and a free combo further, that can lead up to 7.5k with a 150 meter. (Mabufudyne/Myriad Arrows) 

If you do just Mabufudyne afterwards you could for example go for a 4.5k combo with 4 shards left, then go for a reset, and get another 3.5k or so, depending on what combos you do how and when and all.

Anywho, just thought I'd share this, because it's quite something, really.

Final note, you can literally do anything during that freeze time. If you're full screen you can set up a D Bufula and use any Coup to hit them and continue. So it's EVEN useful fullscreen. Though once again, it's a callout. You cannot use B Coup for this situation as the startup is too long. The window frame isn't that large, but it's not that hard to get done either. You have plenty of time charging the D Bufula while the Tentarafoo is doing it's work. Then you have to wait a small bit and do the D Bufula. Then A coup, 5 and do shortened 5 combo as the D Bufula needed in the combo won't freeze anymore. This will net you around 4.5k as well if you do this: (Depends on preference) A Ice Coup> 5> 2AB> SB Coup> 2> 5> 2AB> B Coup> 2A> 2B> j.B (Hard knockdown. Without the 2A> 2B> j.B you will net around 4.1k.)
Do note that from FULL fullscreen, as in max range D Tentarafoo or max range SB Tentarafoo you will need a SB Coup to travel all the way to the opponent, which will eaken the combo, as you cannot use another SB Coup, due to heavy proration.

I hope you'll be able to make use of this. I sure know I'll try and get this in my regular game.

EDIT: Mabufudyne> 5 can only be chained from a C or SB Tentarafoo. The D versions keeps the persona on screen longer, thus not giving you enough time to do 5 after Mabufudyne. You can still do something faster like 5AA> {C}> rest. So you will sacrifice some damage, but not nearly all. You can also make this burst free by just instantly doing Myriad Arrows after the Mabufudyne. The opponent cannot burst while frozen. And that counts for any kind of freezing. From any of Mitsuru's ice moves to every other character's.

e.i Throw> 5AA> 5B> 2> D Bufula> dash C Tentarafoo(1)> OMC> cross up> 5> 2AB> SB Coup> 2> 5> D Bufula> 5> AoA~D> B Coup

does approximately 6.5k damage for 50 meter.

And that's not the end of it. There is enough time, freeze time that is, to do Mabufudyne and then run up and do a fully charged 5 if you OMC on the first hit. With only a small 30% paycheck on the first hit and a free combo further, that can lead up to 7.5k with a 150 meter. (Mabufudyne/Myriad Arrows) 

Is this possible? In the previous combo, which I'm assuming you're using to do the Myriad Arrows combo, you use up 75 meter.  There doesn't seem to be enough meter to do Mabufudyne + Myriad Arrows, unless you mean only doing Mabufudyne and using that for mix-up and such. Which is cool. Actually, for this combo that does 7.5K and costs 150 meter, how would you do it?

Also, like you said, this is a gamble. If the opponent decides to DP while you set this thing up (I think after awhile it will get obvious) you're now in the corner which is pretty much Mitsuru's worst place to be. I could see it working though if the opponent doesn't know about it. Also, I'm assuming the tentarafoo you're doing is similar to that CV, where the Mitsuru crossed under the frozen opponent mid combo and did Tentarafoo. That's visually how I'm seeing it at any rate.

Would someone type out some useful bnb stuff? Mitsuru seems to be missing a combo thread but that could be because of the new game being so fresh.

We had some matches today with two friends. They played Adachi, Akihiko and Yosuke. Mitsuru's normals feel like Venom normals :D So slow, so slow.

Would someone type out some useful bnb stuff? Mitsuru seems to be missing a combo thread but that could be because of the new game being so fresh.

Give me a few more days and I'll have a combo thread up and running.

I could have set up a combo thread day 1 but none of it would have been optimal. I've seen that sort of thing where it gets made up as it goes several times and I don't like how they turned out in the end. Just wanted to give the game a week or two before we all jumped in that boat :)

We had some matches today with two friends. They played Adachi, Akihiko and Yosuke. Mitsuru's normals feel like Venom normals :D So slow, so slow.

standing opponent- autocombo or 5AA(A) > 6B > 5C(6) > A coup, only does 1300-1700, tack on myriad arrows to kill if necessary. Autocombo recommended to be lazy, get corner carry, + meter

crouching opponent- (5AAA) > 5B > 2AB > B coup. Use SB coup for 25 meter in the corner to pick up a full combo (Example: 5AA > 5B > 2AB > SB coup > 2A > 2B > 2D > [5B] > 2AB > B coup, add bufudyne for extra damage)

airborn opponent- autocombo still works here, not a bad option. The midscreen BNB is 2B > 2DD > [4B] > [2B] > D bufula > 2AB > C bufula > [6B] > 2AB > B Coup. Depending on the starter you may need to omit the C bufu part and just go into 2AB > B coup after D bufula, or use 2B (not held) > C bufu instead (example: 5AA > 2B > 2DD > [4B] > [2B] > D bufu > [6B] > 2AB > B coup [2900 damage])

This is all just off the top of my head. I'll work on an in-depth section for combo theory and optimal combos in a week or two, after we figure this stuff out.

Midscreen BnB combos so far: crouching 5AA > 5B > sweep > OMC > 2 > 6 > sweep > bufula C > 5 > sweep > droit B

2B > 2DD > 4 > 2 > bufula D > sweep > bufula C > 5 > sweep > droit B

5AAA

air borne 5AA > 2B > 2DD > 4 > 2 > bufula D > 5 > sweep > droit B

5DD > 2DD > 4 > 2 > bufula D > 5 > sweep > droit B

2DD > 4 > 2 > bufula D > sweep > bufula C > 5 > sweep > droit B

throw combo is pretty easy. 5AA > 2 > bufula D > 5 > sweep > droit B. You can change it around if you want, like adding 5 > AoA after bufula D. Her Mabufudyne combos are probably easier now since SB bufula doesn't go off screen you can use that for full charge Myriad Arrows. Costs 150 meter though. Just worth noting, some combos don't work on Rise for some reason. Like some combos add 5AA > 2C as an ender, the 5A whiffs on Rise. Could be more characters, I only checked Yukiko and Naoto since Mitsuru had to tweak her corner throw for those two. Midscreen 5B FC is a bit easier to do since 5C can be dash canceled into 5B.

Right now, since you're still new to Mitsuru, midscreen combos consisting of auto-combo is still pretty good since it completes air combos. So start with auto combos. Next on the level of skill would be throw combos. Corner version is throw > 5AA > 2 > bufula D > 5 > sweep > droit B. After that I would suggest the 5D/2D combos in regards to easiness. I think those are essentially the basics, the rest are hit-confirms and crouching hit confirms.

Also, you can land bufudyne C on any midscreen combo that ends with 5 or sweep. You can also Myriad Arrows airborne opponents and the kick will land.

Um... Quick question regard Mitsuru, how do you combo with Mitsuru's charged normals?

Like, do you buffer the charge in the middle of a normal, or do you have to do a quick charge? Sorry, i've never really played a charge character before. 

Um... Quick question regard Mitsuru, how do you combo with Mitsuru's charged normals?

Like, do you buffer the charge in the middle of a normal, or do you have to do a quick charge? Sorry, i've never really played a charge character before. 

I'm assuming you mean with her droits and such. Typically, in matches you're always holding down 1(or 3) to do droit. In combos, you hold 1(or 3) whenever you do a sweep or 5B. If you want to practice her charge, just do 5AA > 5B > sweep > droit continuously until you have a feel for it.

Whenever she's doing any sort of combo, you're normally just holding 1(or 3). Bufula is the say, but instead of doing [1](or 3) 6(or 4) you do [1](or 3) 8. With enough charge she won't jump. Essentially, do the same combo I mentioned until you cancel it properly. Also worth mentioning, don't ever fully charge (or partially charge) her Droit B. For one she's in FC state. And the other thing, if it's blocked, she's insanely negative. She has an extra ten frames of recovery if she decides to charge droit B even a little bit.

Here's a fairly easy way to practice charging in combos. Set the opponent to crouch an do this combo, 5AA > 6B > 1A+B > B coup. Immediately after inputting 6B you should starting holding down + back to perform sweep. The charge time is short enough that you shouldn't need to delay B coup after the sweep hits.

Honestly, Mitsuru's charges are super easy and have a very short minimum charge time. Once you learn some habits for holding charges, it becomes very easy.

Is this possible? In the previous combo, which I'm assuming you're using to do the Myriad Arrows combo, you use up 75 meter.  There doesn't seem to be enough meter to do Mabufudyne + Myriad Arrows, unless you mean only doing Mabufudyne and using that for mix-up and such. Which is cool. Actually, for this combo that does 7.5K and costs 150 meter, how would you do it?

Also, like you said, this is a gamble. If the opponent decides to DP while you set this thing up (I think after awhile it will get obvious) you're now in the corner which is pretty much Mitsuru's worst place to be. I could see it working though if the opponent doesn't know about it. Also, I'm assuming the tentarafoo you're doing is similar to that CV, where the Mitsuru crossed under the frozen opponent mid combo and did Tentarafoo. That's visually how I'm seeing it at any rate.

Yes, you do cross them up under. It only works on quick reating opponents, because Mitsuru is still facing forwards, the opponent doesn't have to guard the other way, so if they start guarding ''towards'' Mitsuru, they will get hit.

And you can OMC, Mabufudyne and THEN do a fully charged 5B (C Tentarafoo only) and get up to 7.5k. It's all chainable. Try it out, you'll have plenty of time.

Here's the input:

C Tentarafoo(1)> OMC> Mabufudyne> 5> 2AB> B Coup> {C}> 5> 2AB> A Coup> {C}> (5)> 2AB> A Coup> {C}> Myriad Arrows [b~]> {D}> [~B]

I'm not sure about the 5 anymore. I'll check tomorrow.

Also, is anyone else having issues anti airing people? Mitsuru's 2B's overhead invulnerability has been nerfed insanely...

Here's the input:

C Tentarafoo(1)> OMC> Mabufudyne> 5> 2AB> B Coup> {C}> 5> 2AB> A Coup> {C}> (5)> 2AB> A Coup> {C}> Myriad Arrows [b~]> {D}> [~B]

I'm not sure about the 5 anymore. I'll check tomorrow.

Also, is anyone else having issues anti airing people? Mitsuru's 2B's overhead invulnerability has been nerfed insanely...

Thanks for clarifying. I was imagining it wrong. Looks pretty fun.

My consistency with 2B anti-air has be the same as P4A. She lost the 5-7 full invul though, which is sadness. I usually get at least one 2B combo a match.

Alright, yeah, the charges themselves don't feel like as much as a problem. 

How should Mitsuru be playing in neutral? Patient? Aggressive? When should you be charging forward with Droit? When should you use D attacks? etc. 

Also, what are Mitsuru's main poking options, and what do Mitsuru Blockstrings usually look like? 

Alright, yeah, the charges themselves don't feel like as much as a problem. 

How should Mitsuru be playing in neutral? Patient? Aggressive? When should you be charging forward with Droit? When should you use D attacks? etc. 

Also, what are Mitsuru's main poking options, and what do Mitsuru Blockstrings usually look like? 

Usual blockstrings

5AAA > 6 > dash cancel > 5AA

5AA > 5B > 5C > 2C

5AA > 5B > 5C > back dash > 5C > 2C > droit A

5AA > 5B > 5C > back dash > 5C > sweep

5AAA > 2C

5AA > 5 feint > throw

5AA > sweep feint > 5AA

5AA > sweep feint > throw

5AAA > 6 > sweep > short hop > j.B > 5AA

5AA > 5C > 6 > 2B > sweep

5AA > 5C > 6 > 2B > j.B > OMC > j.

There's more, but that's just for starters. She plays neutral game patient and spaces a lot. Mitsuru can't be too aggressive since her normals are slow. So she has to take advantage of her range and make the opponent weary of DPing or rolling out of pressure. Ultimate objective is to get them in the corner because her grabs become scary. Her best poke is 5A. She can use 2A or j.A if the situation demands it. 5D is okay, just don't do it too much.

Basically, Mitsuru just capitalizes on people pressing buttons, and has perhaps the best corner carry in the game. I use 2D more than her other D moves. If the opponent jumps a lot, consider tossing out 2D, they'll regret it. J.D has its uses versus zoners.

Most times you can droit B approach if the opponent is airborne and falling down. You really need to know the tools the opponent has though. For instance, don't toss it out like crazy against zoners. Find an opening and then do droit. Though, you'll probably get more mileage out of droit A vs zoners.