LegendaryRath

[P4AU] Mitsuru Kirijo Gameplay Discussion

Random thought anyone else feel like her j.B has a bit less hitstun? Seems like im missing alot of double overheads, could just be me donking it lol.

J.b j. timing seems the same, don't think it was nerfed.

Hi, I have some mitsuru stuff, she has the same corner 50/50 high-low that she had in p4a, but now it costs 75 meter to do instead of 50 meter:

j.b > j. > 5aa > 5b > sweep> sb Droit > 2 > D bufu > 5 > AOA D ender > B Droit: 3.7k

2a> a droit > OMC > sweep > sb Droit > 2 > D bufu > 5 > sweep > B droit: 3.2k.

Also, here is a CH sweep combo, cause she can pick up off of CH sweep B droit without meter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-95hPzuSDo

Thanks for posting Pfhor. Keep it coming :)

edit: I /FINALLY/ updated the main post of the video thread. It should be easy to find videos of specific matchups now. 

also, I deleted most of the posts in the video thread, after I updated the main post with their info. Posts that remain are ones that I have yet to update the main post with. Thank you guys so much for the help finding videos this past year! Hopefully we get some more footage soon :)

J.b j. timing seems the same, don't think it was nerfed.

Hi, I have some mitsuru stuff, she has the same corner 50/50 high-low that she had in p4a, but now it costs 75 meter to do instead of 50 meter:

j.b > j. > 5aa > 5b > sweep> sb Droit > 2 > D bufu > 5 > AOA D ender > B Droit: 3.7k

2a> a droit > OMC > sweep > sb Droit > 2 > D bufu > 5 > sweep > B droit: 3.2k.

Also, here is a CH sweep combo, cause she can pick up off of CH sweep B droit without meter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-95hPzuSDo

It's because the counter hit state throws the opponent higher into the air.

Mitsuru can chain from a B Coup whenever the opponent is hit with the B Coup high enough. 

Some examples of these cases

Any Fatal counter.

Counter hit 2AB> B Coup

5C Counter hit> (2AB>) B Coup

Air combo> B Coup

Air hit 5AAA> B Coup

Basically, you can follow up with a 2A after B Coup in any case where your opponent is higher than the regular height a 2AB puts the opponent in and in case of a Fatal Counter.

Matchup threads have been created for P4U2. Over the next few weeks I'll try to update the main post for each thread with information. I'd love it if we had those filled out a little bit before the NA version of P4U2 drops.

Marie and Margaret matchup threads will be added after their release. I'd prefer posts in those threads to be factual/helpful rather than speculative.

I'll be updating a lot of stuff around here until the NA version drops. If any of you notice anything wrong, misspelled, not organized properly, whatever, PLEASE send me a message and let me know. In vanilla, Mitsuru's forums were a wasteland at times. I want it to be the best that it can be this time around.

5AA has 0 P1, if you stagger a string and start a combo with it, you do real ice queen damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpgsUfKU-Y0&list=UUhL68dxyOtSruyxpD0B_RVw

Crouching: 5a (reset) a > 6b > sweep > SB Droit > [2b] > [5b] > D bufu > [5b] > AOA D ender > B droit 4.9k

Standing: 5a (reset) a > 6b > OMB > [5b] > [2b] > D bufu > [5b] > AOA D ender > B droit 4.6k

Counterhit: 5a (reset) a(CH) > [6b] > sweep > SB droit > [2b] > [5b] > D bufu > [5b] > AOA D ender > SB bufu > Mabufu > B Setsuna(hold) > C shard > D shard > kick. 8.3k

Despite how long you can delay 5AA I have yet to see anybody hit a button there yet lol, but that damage is nuts xD

Here's the non-awakening throw combo with the charged kick... some variation of this is in a JP Video but I just did it here :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfaHWokboXY&feature=youtu.be

Throw(Corner): Throw,5AA,[2B],D Bufula,[5B],AoAD(Fatal),SB Bufula, Air Apex Backdash, SB Bufula, A Myriad Arrows

59 Hits 4989 Damage

DOES Work on:

Narukami,Sho,Teddy,Yukiko,Chie,Minazuki,Ken,Yukari,Adachi,Junpei

Does NOT work on:

Naoto,Yosuke(Bounces too far),Kanji,Labrys,Mitsuru,Aigis,

Elizabeth(Bounces too far),Akihiko(Bounces too far),Shabrys, Rise

Despite how long you can delay 5AA I have yet to see anybody hit a button there yet lol, but that damage is nuts xD

Here's the non-awakening throw combo with the charged kick... some variation of this is in a JP Video but I just did it here :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfaHWokboXY&feature=youtu.be

Throw(Corner): Throw,5AA,[2B],D Bufula,[5B],AoAD(Fatal),SB Bufula, Air Apex Backdash, SB Bufula, A Myriad Arrows

59 Hits 4989 Damage

DOES Work on:

Narukami,Sho,Teddy,Yukiko,Chie,Minazuki,Ken,Yukari,Adachi,Junpei

Does NOT work on:

Naoto,Yosuke(Bounces too far),Kanji,Labrys,Mitsuru,Aigis,

Elizabeth(Bounces too far),Akihiko(Bounces too far),Shabrys, Rise

I was trying to do this with CH airthrow > sb bufu on mitsuru and got it too work like once lol. Way too finicky.

On another note, if you ever land a fatal throw with 150 meter...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIXBlvKwViY

to combo CH air throw into SB mirror, perform  SB mirror right when the opponent starts to fall from the air throw. it's still a bit finicky, depending on how far off the ground the air throw was, i think you need to delay it more the higher up you were.

ah yes, i've had problems with that too, i don't understand the timing for it and just gave up on it since i play shadow mitsuru anyways haha

how do you mash her AoA so that you'll always get FC? I've had mixed results, and sometimes I do get it but it doesn't combo (wtf), what am I doing wrong?

Just mash A+B at the same time so you get double inputs and have to mash less to get to the fatal counter.

how do you mash her AoA so that you'll always get FC? I've had mixed results, and sometimes I do get it but it doesn't combo (wtf), what am I doing wrong?

It's not necessary to land the FC portion of her AoA. It's useful of course, because she can't combo droit B afterwards without the FC. But even if you don't get FC, the AoA~D is jump cancellable, so she'll still be at an advantage. Even high level Mitsuru's in Japan miss the input for FC. Just be aware of it and IAD back to create some space.

And like chachaman said, mash A+B at the same time. That will make it more consistent. Or go into training mode and practice raw AoA.

Sorry I meant doing the non-awakening full charge kick with 2 sb bufus after ch airthrow. One sb bufu is easy enough.

after some lab time: you need to summon the 2nd mirror before teh final hit of the first mirror hits hte opponent. the first mirror won't disappear immediately; there's a few frames where the 1st mirror will continue to hit the opponent. this gives you more time to recover and perform myriad arrows while thjey are still frozen.

this concept also applies to the corner double mirror > charge kick combo

this combo really confused me for a while haha

after some lab time: you need to summon the 2nd mirror before teh final hit of the first mirror hits hte opponent. the first mirror won't disappear immediately; there's a few frames where the 1st mirror will continue to hit the opponent. this gives you more time to recover and perform myriad arrows while thjey are still frozen.

this concept also applies to the corner double mirror > charge kick combo

this combo really confused me for a while haha

You also have to linger in the air against the frozen opponent for a short while to press them slightly back. It will position the opponent so that all 5 hits of the SB bufula take slightly longer to connect. If you don't, and dash out instantly, the opponent will recover before you have enough time to do SB Bufula> Myriad arrows in time, due to the charge time of SB Bufula.

Try it out with a high jump instant airdash a few times. It won't work, unless you delay the airdash for a short bit regardless, which is quite difficult to time due to the high jump.

sorry, this may be in the wrong place, im new to this forum, been playing Persona for a while, always played mitsuru!

could someone tell me what AoA is? is this refering to her auto combo?

and does anyone know a good corner combo? so far i do - grab > 5a 5a 2b > C Bufula > 5b (charged) > 2 A+B > A coup droit, but im sure i can get something much better.

thank you! also sorry if my annotaions for combos are hard to read.

sorry, this may be in the wrong place, im new to this forum, been playing Persona for a while, always played mitsuru!

could someone tell me what AoA is? is this refering to her auto combo?

and does anyone know a good corner combo? so far i do - grab > 5a 5a 2b > C Bufula > 5b (charged) > 2 A+B > A coup droit, but im sure i can get something much better.

thank you! also sorry if my annotaions for combos are hard to read.

I'm glad to see new faces in here so often :)

AoA stands for All-Out-Attack (A+B)

An optimal corner throw combo would be throw > 5AA > 5B (start holding down) > [2B] > D bufu > [5B] > sweep > B coup

inputs inside brackets [example] means to hold the button until the move comes out on its own. max charge [2B] and [5B] are very common in combos

Soo... I don't understand Mitsuru on even a basic level. Are there any beginner need to knows on her? I get that she is safe midrange but not close up, but I don't really understand her neutral or her combo theory or what to do when j.C or DD of any kind lands... Also, can she not use her charge moves as she'd like when being pressured?

Soo... I don't understand Mitsuru on even a basic level. Are there any beginner need to knows on her? I get that she is safe midrange but not close up, but I don't really understand her neutral or her combo theory or what to do when j.C or DD of any kind lands... Also, can she not use her charge moves as she'd like when being pressured?

Mitsuru arguably has the best neutral game in P4U2. Great buttons, she's very safe, out spaces pretty much every character in most situations. So long as you try to stay at the max range for most of your buttons you will be getting some decent results. For example, don't pressure people up with 5A at throw range. It hits from 1/3 of the screen away, so you should try to keep it that way.

Combos will almost always involve charge inputs, unless it's just a simple autocombo (which is totally fine btw!). an easy way to practice this would be to set the opponent to crouching and do this combo 5AA > 5B > sweep > B coup. as soon as you hit the button for 5B or 6B, immediately start holding 1 (down+back). this way you are holding down for the sweep and back so you can start charging for a coup droit later in the combo. This kind of thing is very very easy. As soon as it becomes a simple habit, her basic combos become very easy. 

Many of your stray hits are going to turn into autocombo or j.C > j.C. Take what you can get and go back to neutral if you don't get much. Mitsuru does so well in neutral, it's not much of a bad thing.

I think I'll make an intro video for people who are new to Mitsuru later this week. I'll cover her basic strengths, weaknesses, combo theory, and neutral. Be a little patient and feel free to ask more questions! We're all happy to help :)

Mitsuru arguably has the best neutral game in P4U2. Great buttons, she's very safe, out spaces pretty much every character in most situations. So long as you try to stay at the max range for most of your buttons you will be getting some decent results. For example, don't pressure people up with 5A at throw range. It hits from 1/3 of the screen away, so you should try to keep it that way.

Combos will almost always involve charge inputs, unless it's just a simple autocombo (which is totally fine btw!). an easy way to practice this would be to set the opponent to crouching and do this combo 5AA > 5B > sweep > B coup. as soon as you hit the button for 5B or 6B, immediately start holding 1 (down+back). this way you are holding down for the sweep and back so you can start charging for a coup droit later in the combo. This kind of thing is very very easy. As soon as it becomes a simple habit, her basic combos become very easy. 

Many of your stray hits are going to turn into autocombo or j.C > j.C. Take what you can get and go back to neutral if you don't get much. Mitsuru does so well in neutral, it's not much of a bad thing.

I think I'll make an intro video for people who are new to Mitsuru later this week. I'll cover her basic strengths, weaknesses, combo theory, and neutral. Be a little patient and feel free to ask more questions! We're all happy to help :)

I'm not sure if I can help if there isn't any need for it, but if you would require my help in anyway, I'm always a 100% up for helping the Mitsuru community. I'm planning and making it my mission to support the Dustloop  Mitsuru section/community to the fullist, after all.

On that note, a large portion of ''optimal'' Mitsuru combos should be comming in soon again.