Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MikelAL93

[P4AU] Sho Minazuki - Gameplay Discussion (Discuss Gameplay, Videos, Combos, etc.)

P4U2_Header_Gameplay_Discussion.png

*Note* - When browsing the Sho Minazuki forums please follow the rules of the site, failure to do so will result in an Infraction. If you do not know the rules you can check them here -> Site Rules.

Sho Gameplay/Discussion

Ground rules:

So based on the gameplay seen on Jourdal's and GameChariots website... Rushdown? Offense seems strong and his panic attack seems similar to Yu's.

Edit: Right so no persona just hyper offense and... a counter super?

Ok so, from what I can gather, only his no persona version is available now. No Persona version only has autocombo supers as supers, no counter super. He has a command dash(looks like a good command dash too), knife throw(slower version doesn't seem to hit crouchers), and what appears to be a parry? I didn't see him successfully parrying anything with it. Can't tell what the other specials are.

Anyway, I'm really loving this guy. He is what I have been searching for in a P4A character and if the game gets a console release, I'm picking him up for sure.

and what appears to be a parry? I didn't see him successfully parrying anything with it.

That would be his "Drive", it makes him dodge stuff.

Oh, I see. Thanks for the info. I don't really know how his D works yet, thought it was a 'dodge'. Maybe it's both, depending on the input? Man, this character is really interesting me.

So far, I'm really digging this guys playstyle. I wonder how good his cmd dash is for cross ups? Also, he has a Hakumen color. :yaaay:

It works. Saw a few JP players using the dash for that last night.

Side note: His throw seems to have crumple during his recovery, so if you OMC it, you might be able to get some sweet damage out of it.

You can't special cancel the throw, can you? It just feels weird to have the enemy slowly fall to the ground after the throw, it feels like there should have some form of follow up there.

You can't special cancel the throw, can you? It just feels weird to have the enemy slowly fall to the ground after the throw, it feels like there should have some form of follow up there.

Haven't seen anybody try, but you can definitely OMC it at the very least.

Haven't seen anybody try, but you can definitely OMC it at the very least.

You can also use OMB as well, as seen with Yukiko's air throw and Narukami's forward throw for example.

You can also use OMB as well, as seen with Yukiko's air throw and Narukami's forward throw for example.

For the record, those aren't the only characters that can OMB forward throw. Mitsuru can on certain characters (Labrys is one of them). But yeah, there should be nothing stopping him from OMBing his throw.

Sho has 4 versions of knife. A and B versions are high and low shots respectively. Think Tiger Shot. C and D are the A and B versions greatly sped up. He has a pretty good sweep. It's like Guile's in that it's two hits and the second hit goes farther the the first. Command dash is okay. Can sometimes catch people asleep, but mashing can beat the start up and the recovery. His specials all psuedo rekka. You can do 236AAA to get all three specials to chain. He can JC his 214A/B on hit, but so far I'm having trouble crafting any sort of actual combo afterwords. He can reverse gatling from C into a B normal. However, it must be different from the B he previously used, so 5AA 2B 5C 5B etc. Also, C can't be sweep canceled. Sweep seems fairly hard to punish, so the aformentioned blockstring into sweep is pretty decent. I'm trying to work it out, but without training mode and the popularity of the game so far I can't just sit and test the stuff I want to test.

Right, I totally forgot he has more than just 2 buttons for himself. No wonder the knives were confusing me. Thanks for the info. What about EX command dash? Would you say it's fast enough to be consistently useful? And do the command grabs have any special properties like projectile INV? Lastly, it could be me being stupid, but I -think- his AOA is a crossup?

AoA cross up looking amazing. And about the guys saying his offense looks great, I haven't really seen great mixups. Not any fast overheads, or that could just be me.

I saw his SB Awakening Super deal 4500 to Akihiko, insane.

His AoA is actually relatively hard to distinguish from the rest of his moveset, it looks like you can make it crossthrough somehow without using the command dash, and there's a good chance his SB command dashes will work well for mixup. If all this is true, his mixup isn't something to be scoffed at. It's also like day 3. Players haven't really had a ton of time to figure shit out yet.

Looking into it further: SB command dash has invincibility. Not sure how much, but that is pretty good.

High low mixup he doesn't have much. 5A wait j.AC 66 j.B or command dash cancel into 236A are kinda as tricky as it gets at the moment.

His grab is actually pretty nice because you can do j.2C and it has a crossup hitbox. You can make it kinda hard to see by adjusting the time and angle of the jump. I went and tried some of his combos today. None are overly difficult, kinda tight timing on a few things like 214B C 236A and j.CD land super. 5B 5C j.B j.C is not universal either.

I'm mad hype for SHO though.

From Omex's twitter (guessing Mook leak but Omex is a trustable source so yeah ):

5a +1

5aa -1

2a -1

2c +6

5d 1-24 strike invuln, 33 duration

j.d 4-24 full inv, 33 duration, land 16

Ah, thought it was released in a few days actually and the Dengeki article was a sneak peak or something, my bad.

Yeesh, that 16 landing recovery on jD is a bit much. I mean I'm not surprised because you could sort of tell it's bad just from watching footage but still. I wonder what use ASW thought it would have without meter to OMC the recovery. 

Here are Sho's patch notes for the upcoming 1.1 update:

• 5A

Increased recovery

• 5D and j.D

With 2D you can cancel them from Flash Fang (Senga), Soaring Fang (Shouga) and High-Speed Movement

• j.D

Landing recovery has been decreased (yay!)

• Survival Knife

Afterimage of the knife has been altered so the knife is now easier to see.

• Soaring Fang (Shouga)

SB version's invincibility has been delayed

• Moon Smasher (Getsumen Kudaki)

Minimum damage has been increased

If his frame data in the Wiki so I can sink my teeth into these?  Because all in all, it seems like he came out pretty good for the most part.