Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MikelAL93

[P4AU] Sho Minazuki - Gameplay Discussion (Discuss Gameplay, Videos, Combos, etc.)

I'm going to leave this video here and ask a few questions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_0NCOO8UCs

One- what is he showcasing at the beginning of the video? When he slows down the video to show something, what exactly is it that he's doing/using? In relation to that question, I keep hearing "Fast fall" when people talk about Sho. Please don't tell me it's the same "Fast fall" as Yosuke does, which requires (as far as my friend tells me) a decent bit of execution to pull off. Thanks ahead of time on this one.

Two- Some Sho players tend to use the dash/teleport crossups, while others don't. What's the general consensus on that? Safe, gimmicky, 'never-use', use rarely, or what?

Three- Is his Rekka input just (236C)x3? And it always seems like people do something on the second hit of it... to bring Sho back to the ground... Is he cancelling the second hit of the Rekka into one of his dashes?

1.It's hard to tell without him saying it outright. But if I had to guess, he's showing that if you air turn just before you do high speed movement (His "fast fall"), you'll end up on the same side of the opponent instead of crossing up. This is interesting (read: dirty) because if you do a IAD to keep you low to the ground like he did in the video and use the SB High Speed Movement like he did, which only has 6 frames of landing recovery according to the wiki, then you end up with a very quick left/right mixup depending on if you air turn or not. And of course, there's the option to destruction fang or use an air normal instead of using High Speed Movement, making you worry about up and down as well. Hard to tell how practical it'll be without hand-ons experience, at least for me anyway. More experienced/skilled players might be able to tell.

Also, to answer your question, Sho's fast fall or really just his crossup move in general is his High Speed Movement special and can be done with a simple 236C/D/CD

2.  The general consensus on High Speed Movement is that it's a very scary addition to Sho's pressure when used right by a skilled player.

3. Not sure what you're trying to say with the second part but for his Rekkas, you can see the inputs on his wiki page. Flash Fang is 236A/B/AB, Soaring Fang is 214A/B/AB and Destruction Fang is j236A/B/AB

I'm referring to... Let me find the right way to explain it.

In his combos, he does a whole bunch of slash normals (I'm assuming they're normals), then they do a move that propels him forward into an upward slash, but on the second hit of it, they seem to go back to the ground, then they slash upwards and then slash back down to the ground (causes a forced tech bounce at the end of the combo). Did I explain it well that time xD?

Thanks for the link to his inputs. So "High Speed Movement" is the dash where he disappears and reappears, and can be used to teleport left and right on the ground, and down/crossup in the air? And this special has SB versions that allow him to do 'fast-fall' type shenanigans?

Oh, okay. I see what you are talking about now. It's not that they're doing something to bring themselves back down to the ground. It's just that the first move "Flash Fang" is only a move that makes Sho rush forward and do an upward slash. Only Soaring Fang will make both Sho and his opponent launch up into the air. 

And yup, that's High Speed Movement. Though, I wouldn't say the SB version gives him special fast fall options. It just makes the move overall faster and gives it some invincibility. 

Is Sho fairly easy to learn?

His combos are pretty straight forward and dont require any complicated or impractical timings.

So I'd say yes.

His combos are pretty straight forward and dont require any complicated or impractical timings.

So I'd say yes.

Okay, good. I may use him as a third character.

So I'd say yes.

I'd say maybe because his gameplay isn't as...uhm...how to put it.  I think he might have to fight to actually get in personally.

Based on what I've watched of Sho these past 8-10 months, I'd say Sho is easy to learn overall BUT he's easy to learn because he's really based on fundamentals. Sho's neutral has a very strong footsy game to it since he doesn't really have much going for him here other than a great set of normals to work with. The projectiles help a bit but they are really there more to compliment his footsy game than to be a big part of his neutral. Similarly, while Sho has some quite frightening pressure options, they don't really shine unless you're good at mixing up your pressure and being overall unpredictable.

In the end, I guess it's best to say Sho is an easy character to learn but if you're lacking in fundamentals, you might struggle to play him well.

Some j.2C stuff I've been working with

First we apply some basic pressure like 2A > 2A > 5A

Note that only 5A is jump cancelable on block and after three chained 2As you cannot use 5A

Now we come to the fun part. After the jump cancel you can go for various mixups:

JC > airdash > AC > j.2C --> You will crossup your opponent and land on the same side where you started your pressure

JC > airdash > AC >  slight delay j.2C --> You will not crossup

JC > airdash > AC > delay j.2C --> Fakeout: Your j.2C won't hit in time and you land. From there you can go for a grab or bait a DP or reset pressure etc.

This mixup can be beaten with some DPs (some other DPs will whiff) and some AA

If you hit with j.2C you can combo with 5A (standing hit) or 5B (crouching hit)

A standing hit is great against characters on which the jump loop will work

I sadly don't have the game yet, so I was wondering if someone could confirm if Sho's SB Destruction Fang/J.236AB has the same properties as Minazuki's? What I mean is, would it be possible, albeit height dependent, to link 2A(or even 5A) after it with some strict timing?

Edit: I mean on air hit, btw.

Wow, there's some crazy stuff in that video. I think most of it is viable?

Yeaa tt would be pretty nice to know on who the meaty 5A> 5A DP Option select works on

Hi guys.  Dunno exactly where to post this but here are some Challenge mode SHOlutions (I will get fucked for these puns) for you to try, if you haven't already solved it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPVBzSmdkiM&feature=youtu.be
Thats my solution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaWcIaFACo4&feature=youtu.be

Game's Solution.

I hope you all have a great day.  Sorry if this is spam.

WILL EVERYONE STOP WITH SHO PUNS!?

Pretty Sho the puns are a mandatory requirement of being a Sho player by this point. I mean, between Yu and me, I actually fairly enjoy them, but I understand that not everyone can have a good shotime with Sho.

Watched just some of it yesterday and assumed it was just a combo video, but it also has pretty nice mixup and OS examples:

http://youtu.be/97ObPmHWBZs?t=6m59s

i finally got around to watching this.... these mixups are bananas! 

safejump off of sweep?! never knew that was a thing

but how is that 5aaa > C teleport working at 7:48? he can air turn after 5aaa or somethin?