Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MikelAL93

[P4AU] Sho Minazuki - Gameplay Discussion (Discuss Gameplay, Videos, Combos, etc.)

So im trying to figure out exactly what 2B as an anti air can do and im having a hard time either using this as an anti air picking up some combo with it or is there a better anti air i should be using. 

So im trying to figure out exactly what 2B as an anti air can do and im having a hard time either using this as an anti air picking up some combo with it or is there a better anti air i should be using. 

I just use 5A, works out pretty well. 5AAAA>B>C>214A is what I usually do. Don't press A a 5th time our else you'll go into a super. Or you could just hold 4 on the stick while autocomboing, that'll prevent you from using super as well. There are other combos you can do from an anti-air but I think they're just a bit too difficult for me and not that rewarding.

This video has some anti air combos in it. Linked it to the time where they appear.

but how is that 5aaa > C teleport working at 7:48? he can air turn after 5aaa or somethin?

It probably has to do with how he inputted the move. I remember in P4A you could input Yosuke's air kunai by doing 214 and he would throw it behind himself. From the looks of it after the third hit of his auto combo he went forward and to the other side of Narukami. He didn't air turn but immediately teleported. He probably imputed the command in reverse.

Can he still do this? I haven't really seen it used at all since this video. I know its usefulness is subject to your situation but since I don't see anything on the wiki I was wondering if they just took away Sho's ability to do that, or if it really is just super limited use-wise.

Can't verify it for myself since I won't have the game until next week but there haven't been any additional balance changes since it was added in 1.1 so it should still be there. 

Can't verify it for myself since I won't have the game until next week but there haven't been any additional balance changes since it was added in 1.1 so it should still be there. 

He can still do it, was one of the first things i tried

"You pissed me off!" Sho taimu 2014

Thanks! I was getting more worried the more videos I watched without it >x>

I tested 5c>j.b on Liz before and got it to work but then there are times it would just miss. anyone else get this problem?

Too upclose.

So, uh, few questions.

What can I do in the corner?

What's a couple good blockstring variations?

How do I confirm air to air and ground to air hits?

When do I use survival knife?

Do we have any good crouch confirms?

What's a high damage corner combo?

So, uh, few questions.

What can I do in the corner?

What's a couple good blockstring variations?

How do I confirm air to air and ground to air hits?

When do I use survival knife?

Do we have any good crouch confirms?

What's a high damage corner combo?

I haven't been playing fighting games for very long, but I'll try to answer this to the best of my abilities.

1. Sho has some really cool ways to mix up/cross up the opponent. Most of them require usage of his SB skills, here are some examples. http://youtu.be/oiFuC0HhQjo?t=9m47s 

This video is also a really handy resource for a lot of Sho's tricks. Also, making good use of his 5A's range can keep the opponent stuck in corner.

2. I tend to use 5AA>5B>5C>5B>2AB(follow up with his rekka if the sweep hits) if I'm going for a long blockstring, maybe throw in a teleport or reset pressure with 2C if your opponent isn't expecting it. I try not to go too nuts with blockstrings since I find it gives people way too much time to think about when to DP. So, I try to go for 5A/2A pokes and tick throws. By the way, you can do multiple 5A's without autocomboing by holding back(4) as you press it.

3. I don't find Sho's 2B nearly as good as his 5A as an anti-air. So, once I land 5A, I'll continue the auto-combo and input B(don't press A or you'll end with a super) for the rising slash special and then teleport, 214A>A. Sho has another combo that uses 5A anti-air but it's kind of difficult

4. I use survival knife sparingly, it just gives him something to do a fullscreen. Mostly, I'll just use it to pester people or finish them off. You can throw a slow knife and then dash to use it as an approach tool.

5. Not so sure about this one XP

6. My Sho's kind of basic so I tend to use his main Bnb in most situations(sometimes with a super ender). He has a jump loop though, but it only works on certain characters.

Hope that helped. 

1. yeah look at the video it is a good resource for combos, mixups and blockstrings

2. blockstrings can end in various ways:

a. 2C for reseting the pressure (can be beaten by DP masing)

b. 236CD Teleport into 236A > B > C > 214A > A; note that you can cancel the teleport in front or behind the opponent (can be beaten by DP again but you can cancel into 2D which makes the DP whiff)

c. 2AB; the sweep is usually the safest way to end pressure since it's only a bit negative on block (-2 if memory serves me)

d. Use 5A into jump cancel for some nasty crossups with j.2C; it's somewhere in the video above

3. 2B has the problem that it is horrible on whiff and even on hit it is difficult to combo consistently

The optimal anti air 5A route is: 5AAA > j.236B (whiff) > 2A/5A > 5B (1) > 2B > 2AB > 236B > delay B > C > 214A > A

For this combo to work the opponent needs to be high enough at the first hit of 5A;

4. Survival Knife is decent for getting in on fullscreen (not recomendable against zooners) and to break personas (C or D version)

SB Survival Knife is not bad either

5. Sho can't get much out of a crouch confirm since he uses his jump loop for big damage combos

However if you score a fatal you can go for 2AB > 236A > B > JC > delay j.C > [5C > 2AC > j.C] x2 > 5B (1) > 2B > 2AB > 236B > delay B > C > 214A > A (or end with super)

6. The corner only allows for a better super ender and easier jump loop confirm

Here are 2 examples:

[normal hit] 5B > 5C > JC > j.B > j.C > 5B > 5C > JC > j.B > j.C > (micro dash) 2AB > 236B > delay B > C > 214A > A (or for super ender after 2AB: 236B > B > JC > j.C > j.DP > 236236A)

Super is not really worth it unless it can end the round. Fatal hit on the other hand....

[fatal hit] 2C > 2AB > 236A > B > JC > delay j.C > [5C > 2AC > j.C] x2 > 5B (1) > 2B > 2AB > 236B > DP > 236236B > 236236A > 236236A (linking the supers is not so hard, you just need to learn the timing)

Burns 150 meter and deals around 7k

(linking the supers is not so hard, you just need to learn the timing)

Or using the S-Hold system by holding A until the gauge is green.

Thank you all very much! ^_^

A couple follow-up questions if I may.

When I try to teleport mix-up people I often get Evasive action (Or at least I think that's what that invulnerable dash is called) as a response. How do I punish this?

How do use a super after j.236A/B in our Rekkas? (If it is indeed possible)

Super enders are pretty easy if you do a 2A+B>DP(1hit)>236236B or 214214A/B/A+B as an ender.

Oh and while we're at it, who doesn't the jump loop work on?

Thank you all very much! ^_^

A couple follow-up questions if I may.

When I try to teleport mix-up people I often get Evasive action (Or at least I think that's what that invulnerable dash is called) as a response. How do I punish this?

How do use a super after j.236A/B in our Rekkas? (If it is indeed possible)

Super enders are pretty easy if you do a 2A+B>DP(1hit)>236236B or 214214A/B/A+B as an ender.

Oh and while we're at it, who doesn't the jump loop work on?

You can try using rekka 1 (236a/b) to catch em.

You can moonsmasher (214214A/B) after rekka 3 (j.236a ) if they are high enough in the air, but B moonsmasher will not hit. For example using sweep > 236b~delay B~C > 214a~a > A or SB moonsmasher should work.

(Also you can do 236a/b > dp (1hit) 236236B as well doesnt have to be sweep into dp)

Also I stated in the combo thread who jump loops dont work on so you can check there. (Sorry on mobile and i can't remember exactly everyone)

Just did some testing, Sho's wiki states he's strike invuln with his D

He's also projectile invuln, he was able to dodge Aigis Bullets, Koro's flames, Titano Flames 

Just thought I'd throw that out there

What do you feel the best ways to get in on heavy zoners like Yukiko or Yukari are? I sat in the corner just breaking Yukiko's persona until i could move in for a combo or two, but it was a horrible matchup in my eyes until I got in.

What do you feel the best ways to get in on heavy zoners like Yukiko or Yukari are? I sat in the corner just breaking Yukiko's persona until i could move in for a combo or two, but it was a horrible matchup in my eyes until I got in.

EX Teleport or 214AB (it has some invul) or Knives.

Against bad Yukiko players, time your rolls so that you go past her persona.

I feel like this might be common knowledge but what seems to be a good mixup is j.B (crossup), double jump back, j.B. This can also be mixed in with attacks from the same side twice. If you do a jump from a run, this will only be on one side. However, to make a double crossup from a run you can do j.B (crossup) , double jump back, j.2C. Sho flips back to the other side instead

So if you do 5AAA at point blank range, the last hit will put Sho behind the enemy. You can whiff SB Air Fang for a 2A crossup, or just do rekkas for a normal, slower crossup. Can do 236A>C Flash Step>236B for a double crossup as well.

This is dirty.