HoudiniJr100

[P4AU] Junpei Iori - Gameplay Discussion

P4U2_Header_Gameplay_Discussion.png

*Note* - When browsing the Junpei Iori forums please follow the rules of the site, failure to do so will result in an Infraction. If you do not know the rules you can check them here -> Site Rules.

hX2h7zh.jpg

Junpei Gameplay/Discussion

Junpei Summary
  • ALL Bat attacks can Clean Hit if done properly when under Victory Cry. Clean hits adds extra damage, hitstun and sometimes special effects like wall bounces.
  • Junpei's Furious Action and Supers are stance based, as after you input the command, you gotta input an attack button to follow up.
  • All Bat attacks can reflect projectiles. Junpei gets one Base for each projectile reflected.
  • Read this thread to understand better how his Baseball gauge works, how to activate Victory Cry and even get Clean Hits.

1.10 Patch Changelist
  • 5AA: Faster startup. Opponent will be forced to block if they blocked 5A.
  • 2C: Can cancel into 5C.
  • 2D: Faster startup, shorter total duration.
  • j.C: Increased untech time.
  • j.2D: Reduced recovery.
  • Super Bunt: Reduced recovery.
  • Victory Cry: Each time you get 10 runs, HP and SP Recovery will increase.

Color Palettes 01-22

mXUlGva.jpg

Edited by Strife

So, am I correct on his gameplay mechanics?

For every attack that involve his bat, Junpei gains a single, whether it is a normal or special. So a combo that involves him hitting his opponent with the bat 3 times, makes the bases full. A home run super will grant him 4 bases! He can also hit his opponents projectiles for bases as well! (Yukiko 5B, Sho's knife throw, etc.). Unsure if this works for like stuff like Ziodyne, probably not.

He gains a ball for every blocked attack that involves his bat (4 balls = single).

A whiffed bat normal/special gives him a strike (3 strikes = 1 out)

He gets an out for each instance he gets hit, after going back to neutral. Getting hit by a Burst do count as an out.

3 outs will clear the bases.

Gaining 10 runs will power up Junpei automatically. He will remain in this state for the remainder of the match.

Attacks seem to count for bases even after the round ends. So corpse beating is actually encouraged with Junpei. Lol!

Getting a base hit will reset the strikes and balls count.

Judging by his mechanic, I think the main priority at the moment is to list all the moves that involve his bat.

It's very likely that multi-hit projectiles (such as aforementioned Zyodine or Aigis's gatlings) can't be reflected. Any single projectile would certainly work though, so Zio, fans, Sho's Knife are safe bets. I don't know if it could get Naoto's bullets but either way, it sounds like that would be unsafe, and Kanji's chair might work too, if the opponent thinks going for that super full screen is a good idea.

I assume personas don't count as projectile, but does hitting it count as a ball or a single?

So, am I correct on his gameplay mechanics?

For every attack that involve his bat, Junpei gains a single, whether it is a normal or special. So a combo that involves him hitting his opponent with the bat 3 times, makes the bases full. A home run super will grant him 4 bases! He can also hit his opponents projectiles for bases as well! (Yukiko 5B, Sho's knife throw, etc.). Unsure if this works for like stuff like Ziodyne, probably not.

He gains a ball for every blocked attack that involves his bat (4 balls = single).

A whiffed bat normal/special gives him a strike (3 strikes = 1 out)

He gets an out for each instance he gets hit, after going back to neutral. Getting hit by a Burst do count as an out.

3 outs will clear the bases.

Gaining 10 runs will power up Junpei automatically. He will remain in this state for the remainder of the match.

Attacks seem to count for bases even after the round ends. So corpse beating is actually encouraged with Junpei. Lol!

Getting a base hit will reset the strikes and balls count.

yes, I believe for the most part that is the case. I do not know if corpse beating will get us bases. I believe if you finish the match with a home run super all the points are counted

and do not forget, points carry over each round too!

Judging by his mechanic, I think the main priority at the moment is to list all the moves that involve his bat.

It's very likely that multi-hit projectiles (such as aforementioned Zyodine or Aigis's gatlings) can't be reflected. Any single projectile would certainly work though, so Zio, fans, Sho's Knife are safe bets. I don't know if it could get Naoto's bullets but either way, it sounds like that would be unsafe, and Kanji's chair might work too, if the opponent thinks going for that super full screen is a good idea.

I assume personas don't count as projectile, but does hitting it count as a ball or a single?

Since hitting a persona counts as a blocked attack, I assume that it nets you a ball.

what happens to every run scored after 10?

It just gets counted, do not know what it exactly does per say

he also gets a cosmetic aura and strength for his attacks gets increased

Every hit with his bat is a clean hit, kinda like SOL BADGUY from guilty gear.... what does the clean hit do?

Every hit with his bat is a clean hit, kinda like SOL BADGUY from guilty gear.... what does the clean hit do?

I guess it gives him a base. I dunno for sure, also I updated the video thread with leisure land's singles so maybe you can get info there.

Clean hit increases untechable time as far as I know.

what signifies a clean hit? a hit as if a bat hit a ball? :/

Home run super does not give full bases, it's just like a real homerun and everyone on base automatically scores plus the hitter. So if you have 3 ppl on base and hit a homerun, you get 4 points. If you have no one on base and hit a homerun, you get 1 point

Sent from my phone

Home run super does not give full bases, it's just like a real homerun and everyone on base automatically scores plus the hitter. So if you have 3 ppl on base and hit a homerun, you get 4 points. If you have no one on base and hit a homerun, you get 1 point

Sent from my phone

true baseball logic at it's finest, thank you shtkn :P

No translated movelist yet?

I'll edit the main post with mayonaka midnight's translated movelist when I return from my classes, firewall blocks DL

Junpei is hype as shit. Ill post some findings here. Some of what I might say may already be known but just for consistencies sake.

- Not much to say about 236A/B outside of it being combo fodder and something to use to get singles. It being the primary combo ender before Victory Cry

- 214A/B has guard point. Seems + on block or not very minus. Saw it guard point a counter assault. Wonder if it can do it for Bursts like Akihiko can

- 236C/D's first hit is high and the second hit is a low. He runs forward a bit before doing the special. If your too far away the active frames of the high will whiff, but he'll still slide and do the low. Seems really unsafe on block. He's airborne after the first hit so you can RC j.B for a double overhead. SB version has him do the run and I think you can choose wither or not to do the followups. You can use SB version to extend combos since its sort of like a pseudo dash cancel

- 214C/D has Trismegestus drop down on the opponent for an overhead. C version is half screen, D is full screen, and SB tracks while allowing a combo after with added untech time. If the opponent blocks it they can hit Tris and break a card. Fatal Recovery

- 5AA looks good, pushes him forward a bit too. Probably 0 or not very minus. 5AA > Throw is a thing

- Not sure if 5B is forward dash cancel normally or during Victory Cry. But I saw it a couple times. Range on the normal looks solid

- 2B looks extremely solid. For pressure because of its range and anti airing because of how low he is to the ground. The wide hitbox allows him to catch cross ups occasionally too

- j.B looks to have a really great hitbox and reverse gats in j.A

- His divekick normal is actually a low. I guess he hits your shins or something... I dunno.

- His Sweep low profiles a good number of things and he actually goes pretty far. But outside of the corner he doesnt get much out of a CH

- For having 4 cards it doesn't look like Tris needs much use. Even in combos.

- His damage gets pretty nasty on higher levels. Averaging 3.5k+ meterless on 5A and j.B confirms in the corner. FC AoA doing about 3.8-4.2k meterless depending on what levels hes at

Victory Cry

- Highest level Ive seen is 45. It just doesn't stop

- His damage was still going up even at 45. So I assume with each level his attack goes up some percentage. At first I thought only his bat normals and specials would do more damage but it seems like all of his attacks increase in damage.

- Slowly regains health. We know that. But he also gradually restores his blue health. It seems to go the fastest when he was neutral and goes a bit slower if he were to move forward. It seemed to pause when he did normals/specials or was airborne.

- Gives bat normals and specials the Clean Hit property which increases untech time and opens new combo paths. Clean Hits also award him with 1 base. So in some combos he can literally go up 9+ levels if he ends with super. Not every bat normal/special is guaranteed to be a clean hit though. Not 100% sure but it most likely works like Sol's clean hits. Where you have to hit the opponent in a specific spot with said normal or special to gain one. But in higher victory cry levels it happens consistenly enough for it to not be a huge problem if it doesn't happen. I think Clean Hits happen more often the higher level you are, but Im not completely sure about that. It looks like it though

Is there a list for his normals somewhere.

Edited by Surf

Junpei is hype as shit. Ill post some findings here. Some of what I might say may already be known but just for consistencies sake.

- Not much to say about 236A/B outside of it being combo fodder and something to use to get singles. It being the primary combo ender before Victory Cry

- 214A/B has guard point. Seems + on block or not very minus. Saw it guard point a counter assault. Wonder if it can do it for Bursts like Akihiko can

- 236C/D's first hit is high and the second hit is a low. He runs forward a bit before doing the special. If your too far away the active frames of the high will whiff, but he'll still slide and do the low. Seems really unsafe on block. He's airborne after the first hit so you can RC j.B for a double overhead. SB version has him do the run and I think you can choose wither or not to do the followups. You can use SB version to extend combos since its sort of like a pseudo dash cancel

- 214C/D has Trismegestus drop down on the opponent for an overhead. C version is half screen, D is full screen, and SB tracks while allowing a combo after with added untech time. If the opponent blocks it they can hit Tris and break a card. Fatal Recovery

- 5AA looks good, pushes him forward a bit too. Probably 0 or not very minus. 5AA > Throw is a thing

- Not sure if 5B is forward dash cancel normally or during Victory Cry. But I saw it a couple times. Range on the normal looks solid

- 2B looks extremely solid. For pressure because of its range and anti airing because of how low he is to the ground. The wide hitbox allows him to catch cross ups occasionally too

- j.B looks to have a really great hitbox and reverse gats in j.A

- His divekick normal is actually a low. I guess he hits your shins or something... I dunno.

- His Sweep low profiles a good number of things and he actually goes pretty far. But outside of the corner he doesnt get much out of a CH

- For having 4 cards it doesn't look like Tris needs much use. Even in combos.

- His damage gets pretty nasty on higher levels. Averaging 3.5k+ meterless on 5A and j.B confirms in the corner. FC AoA doing about 3.8-4.2k meterless depending on what levels hes at

Victory Cry

- Highest level Ive seen is 45. It just doesn't stop

- His damage was still going up even at 45. So I assume with each level his attack goes up some percentage. At first I thought only his bat normals and specials would do more damage but it seems like all of his attacks increase in damage.

- Slowly regains health. We know that. But he also gradually restores his blue health. It seems to go the fastest when he was neutral and goes a bit slower if he were to move forward. It seemed to pause when he did normals/specials or was airborne.

- Gives bat normals and specials the Clean Hit property which increases untech time and opens new combo paths. Clean Hits also award him with 1 base. So in some combos he can literally go up 9+ levels if he ends with super.

Is there a list for his normals somewhere.

As far as I know....no. Well that won't stop me, I'll make a list of his normals on the main post soon (in a similar fashion to how I did the movelist from mayonaka midnight, it'll have to be after classes are done, as one, firewall blocks dustloop, and two, I dunno if I can edit efficiently on a mobile device)

EDIT: I got all the normals I can easily define up on the main post. I got no idea for his 5c, or his d attacks. I assume the trismegistus baseball slide is 2C

Edited by HoudiniJr100

EDIT: I got all the normals I can easily define up on the main post. I got no idea for his 5c, or his d attacks. I assume the trismegistus baseball slide is 2C

Pretty certain 5C is 'Agi': Junpei motions and Trismegistus spews a short-range fireball from his mouth. 5D is very likely the move in which the Persona hovers into the air and 'pecks' at the opponent.

Pretty certain 5C is 'Agi': Junpei motions and Trismegistus spews a short-range fireball from his mouth. 5D is very likely the move in which the Persona hovers into the air and 'pecks' at the opponent.

thanks, I'll add those right away...and I call 5D the triple divekick move XD

j.D has Tris just divekick at an angle. Animation Tris goes in is pretty much the same as 5D. For 5D, Ive seen Tris kick once or 3 times. Additional D inputs may have him kick more. Don't think I've ever seen his j.C.