HoudiniJr100

[P4AU] Junpei Iori - Gameplay Discussion

So I was messing around in training looking for some more mixup options and found this though I'm not sure how it works in practice.

5aaa 236c or 5aaa aoa

It seems like you could fake out the last a and go for the slide which goes a shorter distance and is quicker than the third hit of the auto combo. I'm just not sure if it'd have any use against human players because they tend to mash shit anyway.

Unfortunately there's a large gap after 5AAA where you can't take action, so if they're mashing you'll get counter hit before you can do anything else. 5AAA > AoA will occasionally work, but if their reaction time is good, they can react to the hitstop from the armor with their DP. (unless their dp sucks)

Hey just picked up Ultimax and a scrub with junpie for the most part. Haven't taken the time read wiki yet will do so.

Any recommendation for junpie neutral game?

Well my first advice would be to read the wiki, since it has a good description on his neutral game. You can ask questions after that.

My friend showed me this combo, and i found a cool thing you can do with it:

(Corner, VC) 5AA > 2C > 5C > j.B CL > j.236B CL > 5B CL > hop > j.B CL > 214A CL > BD CL > 214B CL > 5D

With this combo, where Junpei is after pressing 5D, you can jump straight up, and do a j.2A and it'll be spaced so that it hits as a low.  This also knocks them up and Tris will still be out, in which you can get a 5B CL and continue the combo from there. 

I'm sure some people have noticed this already, but I ran into a bizarre projectile interaction that I hope they fix in the next patch. I was testing to see if Junpei's 214B could armor through all of Margaret's 236C/D, and I came across something sort of frustrating.

If you use your armor at the exact right timing, you can go through the whole thing. However, if your timing is off slightly, you will bunt back one hit of the projectile and then get knocked down by the next remaining hit. This causes your reflected projectile to become inactive, even while it is still fully visible and on-screen. The projectile will pass right through your opponent as it is no longer active. This forces you to commit to using your DP over any other option against Margaret's projectile, as using any of your normals or specials will create an inactive projectile. Makes the matchup a hair more frustrating than it already is.

Don't know if this has been found yet, but I think I discovered a safejump setup, 5a 5aa 2C 5C j.b cl j.c 214c 66 5b. Sorry for format on my phone

edit- played with it a bit more 5a > 5aa > 2C > 5C >j.B CL > 2B CL> hop j.B CL > 66 > 5B CL > j.B CL >j.C > 214C. clean 3k into safejump, also whats with 214a CL > Dp CL > 214B, I cant seem to land it consistently, could I just end it with 214A, or is that extra followup worth it?

Oh 214A > DP > 214B is finnicky if the proration is bad, you have to get the lowest possible DP CL to get 214B to hit. Also, you can do 5B CL > 2C > 214A whiff then jump in for a safe jump as well. We should get more games in, I need to get used to that mirror and you're really good lol

Oh right since I posted this in the skype chat and twitter I might as well post here, Junpei has a double fuzzy against tall characters, the notation would be J.B > J.A (fuzzy 1) > double jump immediate J.B (fuzzy 2) > J.C > OMB/(J.2D > J.214D), and this is pretty good for closing out rounds.

A whole lot of seven new S.Junpei matches were added to the video thread, check the gloriousness of them asap.

EDIT: S.Junpei seems to be the best choice right now. Pet is already 859 PSR even though we barely got to 800 in 1.1!

Edited by Strife

Hello, fellow bat-mans.

There was a 3v3 today over in Japan with 83 teams (249 players), and it was stacked. MAD, Minori, Damosu, Taihichi, Souji, Die Chan, YMST, Ougi, Mokke, Shikki, Hama, and like a bajillion god players were all there.

Winning team was Unknown (S Junpei), Hina (S Junpei), Pet(Adachi). Pet only had play once, and Hina OCV'd YMST's team in GF.

NQw9s8S.jpg

Here's the archive for the tournament I mentioned above!

(02h50m35s) Junpei Vs. Elizabeth
(02h54m40s) Junpei Vs. S.Chie
(04h57m15s) S.Junpei Vs. S.Teddie
(07h19m26s) S.Junpei Vs. S.Chie
(07h23m35s) Hina (S.Junpei) Vs. S.Chie
(07h28m07s) Hina (S.Junpei) Vs. S.Ken
(07h32m37s) Hina (S.Junpei) Vs. Yamashita (S.Mitsuru)