HoudiniJr100

[P4AU] Junpei Iori - Gameplay Discussion

"P4U2 1.10 Junpei Patchnotes - Junpei removed from the game. Unlimited Junpei added to the game.

Frankly, his general tools are a bit better, but on some openings, he deals double or triple damage of what he used to." - Xie

Apparently, Junpei is definitely better!

Edited by Strife

Wiki is missing frame data on j.236C/D (air slide). Are these pretty much the same? Could've sworn I caught you on Twitter saying something about one of the attributes or high/low hit properties or something being different for the air versions.

Wiki is missing frame data on j.236C/D (air slide). Are these pretty much the same? Could've sworn I caught you on Twitter saying something about one of the attributes or high/low hit properties or something being different for the air versions.

Nope, they're not exactly the same. That goes for j.236A/B and j.214C/D as well. I just didn't put them in the main page.

You can find them here.

Edited by Strife

All that's really different in both cases is startup, incase of 236C/D, Junpei has no need to run, and for 236A/B, he just starts spinning, nothing otherwise is different

After watching the new footage, I have some idea of how strong the regen buff is.

I couldn't see how the HP recovery was improved since the video quality is pretty low, but I do see that the SP regen is crazy faster. By the time Junpei gets the 20th Run, he has decent recovery and if he's at 30th, he's basically at Liz Invigorate status while still getting SP from other actions like attacking and blocking for example.

So, yeah, you actually get much stronger now with more Runs. Which means you might want to use Homerun Supers more often with all bases. With this in mind, I went to the combo thread and added the number of bat normals you can get in each combo.

Edited by Strife

I just talked to Xie about the 00:38 mark. It's not a legit combo since 2C does the "first hit" again but the following hits are possible. We can do stuff like 5AA > 2C > 2D > j.B to sideswap if Junpei's in the corner and convert into a corner combo.

That's possible now since 2D's way faster in 1.10. It combos from a lot of things.

Edited by Strife

I just talked to Xie about the 00:38 mark. It's not a legit combo since 2C does the "first hit" again but the following hits are possible. We can do stuff like 5AA > 2C > 2D > j.B to sideswap if Junpei's in the corner and convert into a corner combo.

That's possible now since 2D's way faster in 1.10. It combos from a lot of things.

Dayum, that sounds really awesome.

saw something really cool while watching some junpei matches.. if naoto tries to dp jupei's aoa, junpei reflects the projectile with his bat and nothing happens so depending on which move has faster recovery junpei might be able to punish it afterwards

saw something really cool while watching some junpei matches.. if naoto tries to dp jupei's aoa, junpei reflects the projectile with his bat and nothing happens so depending on which move has faster recovery junpei might be able to punish it afterwards

That might've happened because Naoto used the Counter Shot after the Shield was triggered. If she went with Safety Mode, I think she could've punished Junpei.

Edited by Strife

That might've happened because Naoto used the Counter Shot after the Shield was triggered. If she went with Safety Mode, she could've punished Junpei.

ah i see, that makes sense.

By the way, I'd like to let you guys know that the Q&A thread is up. If you have any questions regarding Junpei or how he works, feel free to ask there!

Top 5 Junpei players in Japan (05/31/2014)

Hina and Gao are the only Junpei mainers. Shalily Fantasy plays Naoto, Sorashido plays Shadow Labrys and PET plays Kanji.

Edited by Strife

Just Hina and Gao? That sucks.

Yeah, not much Junpei players over there. 

But don't worry, Hina got this!

G8EHyMC.jpg

Top 5 Junpei players in Japan (06/06/2014)

Hina is almost there!

Top 5 Junpei players in Japan (06/07/2014)

I wonder if Hina discovered something new or just went completely ham this last few days. In any case, I'm looking forward to watch him play again!

Sorashido also got some points.

Edited by Strife

We need more Junpei videos, Strife pls make it happen. Also, who else thinks Junpei has the coolest combos so far? Especially when they end in the Awakening super, that move is so hype.

I've always found Elizabeth combos to be pretty good looking, and Yukari. But actually I find Junpei way more fun to watch than the others, and I may not exactly know why. As soon as Victory Cry is active, and the clean hits are around, hypeeee. I also love the look of the setup into 5D Oki. I just find Junpei way more entertaining overall than anyone else.

We need more Junpei videos, Strife pls make it happen. Also, who else thinks Junpei has the coolest combos so far? Especially when they end in the Awakening super, that move is so hype.

I'm going to upload matches as soon as I see them. Hopefully we get more Shinjuku footage.

About his combos, I like them too. I just think they are a little slow due to the hitstop caused by the Clean hits. Shadow Junpei tho.

Shadow Junpei combos look awesome but uh, not many people use him either. Every S.Junpei match I've seen has some really nice stuff, but there aren't much videos.