Coma

[P4AU] Yukari Takeba - Gameplay Discussion

How should Yukari punish a baited burst?

Midscreen

5B > 2C > j.C(2) > j.2 > 5B > iad late j.B > 5B > 2 > 214A > 2B > sj.236D~, Around 3.4k I think

Corner

5B > 2C > j.C(2) > j.2 > 2B > 5 > 214A > 5B > 2C > jump back j.B > j.236C~

i forget the damage for the corner one. Delaying the 2B or charging it a bit after the j.2 helps so they aren't too high after the 214A > 5B part

For an easier midscreen route you can do

5B > delay 2C > 2B > delay 5B > iad late j.B > 5B > 2 > 214A > 2B > sj.236D~, Around 3k

5AAA 214A 5C is killing me...are you guys getting most of your damage off of arrow confirms or other stuff? I have a less than 50% success rate with this thing. Not giving up though I WILL play this character.

5AAA 214A 5C is killing me...are you guys getting most of your damage off of arrow confirms or other stuff? I have a less than 50% success rate with this thing. Not giving up though I WILL play this character.

Just takes some practice. If you're having trouble, you could try using SB Bombs and omitting the 5B. It won't necessarily prepare you for doing that combo, but you'll need this one for anything but close range.

And be sure you're trying the combo you're having trouble with as close to the opponent as possible! 5C whiffs if you're not at minimum range.

I'm still struggling on the 5AAA>214A>5C>5B... but on the 5B part.  I have like a 20% success rate on the 5B.  5C is fine now but 5B is killing me to the point where my fingers are cramping up.  I will try the SB bombs to make it easier but I would at least get the success rate above 50%.  I don't think I'm holding it since I don't see her charging.  I try to mash the 5B but still no luck.  Is the game thinking I'm trying to hold when I mash?

soooo iad loops are fun.

2B(stray antiair)>iadj.B>5B>iadj.B>5B>2>214A>665B>2B>j.B>j.214D>j.236236B

the arrow super will hit twice due to the opponent falling between you and the orb.

I'm still struggling on the 5AAA>214A>5C>5B... but on the 5B part. I have like a 20% success rate on the 5B. 5C is fine now but 5B is killing me to the point where my fingers are cramping up. I will try the SB bombs to make it easier but I would at least get the success rate above 50%. I don't think I'm holding it since I don't see her charging. I try to mash the 5B but still no luck. Is the game thinking I'm trying to hold when I mash?

Probably. Just tap the button. The timing isn't really important as long as it's uncharged. It's the 2C that you gotta delay.

For everyone having a hard time with the 5aaa into bombs stuff what I do that really helps is tapping the a button each time her arrows come out and adding the 214 to the 3rd set. Having the rhythm really helps me. 

It's also just naturally easier in the corner and off air hit so don't worry about dropping it there. There's going to be times where you're too far away too so you're going to have to use meter for sb bombs or just instead finish the dial a combo or even stop at the arrows. It's a knockdown. 

I'm still having trouble so I posted what I'm doing right now.

I am trying to do the following: Challenge 20

5AAA>214A>5C>5B>2B>236D (B)>236236B

If you can find something specific that I'm doing wrong, please let me know.

But as you can see, I'm mostly struggling with the 5C and 5B area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urRvHw4h4pU&feature=youtu.be

I'm still having trouble so I posted what I'm doing right now.

I am trying to do the following: Challenge 20

5AAA>214A>5C>5B>2B>236D (B)>236236B

If you can find something specific that I'm doing wrong, please let me know.

But as you can see, I'm mostly struggling with the 5C and 5B area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urRvHw4h4pU&feature=youtu.be

5C > 5B should be done ASAP, then 2B 236D (delay) > A > (delay) 236236A

You can actually do 5AAA>214D>2B>iadj.B>5B>iadj.B>5B>j.A>j.C>j.236A

what's the benefit to this, more damage, corner carry?

what's the benefit to this, more damage, corner carry?

Its a lot easier. Especially on netplay. Carry can be about the same, more, or less depending on how you end the other combo. Damage is less. Its just more consistent.

anyone tried finding any Shadow Yukari tech? 

a)  the max damage tornado -> double arrow super ender could lead straight into an SB tornado unblockable reset as they land. The damage put together rivals the Shadow Chie/Mitsuru damage bursts but unfortunately it seems it is highly inconsistent and difficult to compensate for every tech direction to create a true unblockable blockstring

b) otherwise, she seems to favour going extra ham on the tornados. she gets a pretty tight tornado off any flip ender by omb-ing the flip -> land tornado. the special rampage cancel rules mean she can special/super cancel AoA on block and has some tighter cancels off 5C. so it's (theoretically) likely that she can keep the opponent blocking SB tornado after SB tornado. only problem is blue chip damage in rampage is A LOT smaller than normal for some reason. 

I'm curious. Has everyone been actively using the 2B > 9 > 5B OS for hitconfirming anti-airs? It's been brought up before, but I don't see many Yukari players making use of it.

For those that are having trouble with it, you can work on practicing it by setting up two recordings on a training dummy and just having them both jump at the same time. Set one to block and the other to just jump. Then you can work on smoothly going through the sequence and confirming the hit or continuing pressure while playing them back through the random recording. It's definitely something worth learning and can help out a lot.

I'm curious. Has everyone been actively using the 2B > 9 > 5B OS for hitconfirming anti-airs? It's been brought up before, but I don't see many Yukari players making use of it.

For those that are having trouble with it, you can work on practicing it by setting up two recordings on a training dummy and just having them both jump at the same time. Set one to block and the other to just jump. Then you can work on smoothly going through the sequence and confirming the hit or continuing pressure while playing them back through the random recording. It's definitely something worth learning and can help out a lot.

I have not, but I'll try to use it from now on. Any other OSes I should know (for both Yukari and the game in general; I don't use them at all yet)?

I have not, but I'll try to use it from now on. Any other OSes I should know (for both Yukari and the game in general; I don't use them at all yet)?

Do you use the KD os LordKnight talked about? That one is really important

Like Fenrir said, make sure you learn the fuzzy guard OSes that LK brought up. There's a thread for it with links and explanations in the P4A Gameplay section.

Outside of those, I don't really know any character specific OSes for Yukari. I'm sure there are some for rolls and such, but I haven't experimented with those yet.

You can actually do 5AAA>214D>2B>iadj.B>5B>iadj.B>5B>j.A>j.C>j.236A

Any general tips for this combo? Also, the 5AAA 5C route only works point-blank, right?

Any general tips for this combo? Also, the 5AAA 5C route only works point-blank, right?

yep

Okay so I've been looking around and I found a bunch of things for the upcoming update. There was some confusion last night because there was a miss-translation being passed around so, I'm just going to go with what Stunedge translated/RT:

System Changes:

- AoA: You can hold the buttons to increase hit, NO NEED DESPERATE MASHING anymore!

- S-Hold removed from 2 Player mode, now only available in 1 Player mode. Rest in peace (Thank God!)

- Throw aare special cancellable now

- Auto combo (AAA->skill part) grants more bonuses?

Bad Status:

- Confusion: YOU CAN BLOCK WITH PULLING EITHER DIRECTION (WTF?!)

- Freeze: You can defreeze with button mash

Shadow Changes:

- Added burst (like normal) - berserk could be activated only when burst meter is 100%

- YOU CAN'T BURST DURING BESERK!

- If you do berserk with 100% meter, you regain all persona cards.

- Tuned HP for each shadow

- Change in meter gain

- Overall damage buff

- Cost for SP moves during berserk have changed

Yukari

- Feather Arrow (236A/B/A+B)) is much faster, all hits will get reflected too

- B moves are faster

- 6D, put 5D in the farther position

So things have changed quite a bit! Faster Feather Arrow along with all the hits reflecting from Magaru orbs, Faster B Moves which will slightly alter how combos work and we have a 6D now which could prove to be very beneficial to us.  So with these buffs, things are looking up.

Just let it be known, there were hardly any nerfs noted for ANY of the characters so don't get too hype just yet!

Autocombo deals less bonuses- as in, the meter gain isn't high until the last hit of the autocombo.

Also, pretty sure that Magarula reflects the arrows, not Magaru.

So I recently decided to pick up Yukari, because she's part of the Lovers Arcana like Rise. Man oh man, she is fun to use, but she is also one of the more execution heavy characters as well. I mostly use her as a "get in, get out" kind of character, but it most depends on the match up. Tbh, I think I like Shadow Yukari more than regular Yukari, but I'm still learning how to use the character. I seem to have a hard time implementing the Margaru orbs and Feather Bomb move.

So I recently decided to pick up Yukari, because she's part of the Lovers Arcana like Rise. Man oh man, she is fun to use, but she is also one of the more execution heavy characters as well. I mostly use her as a "get in, get out" kind of character, but it most depends on the match up. Tbh, I think I like Shadow Yukari more than regular Yukari, but I'm still learning how to use the character. I seem to have a hard time implementing the Margaru orbs and Feather Bomb move.

Super late, but the way I like to use Magaru is to just set it out to prevent jump-ins. You can also do stuff like j.214C>airdash>airturn j.B, which is a good substitute for using j.D sometimes. Feather Bomb is good in blockstrings to use as a fake AoA, but don't abuse it.

I believe I'm a bit late with this question, but what are our bad matchups?  I know Chie is one for sure.