Coma

[P4AU] Yukari Takeba - Gameplay Discussion

j.b 5b iad j.b 5b garu sj.b j.2b 5b iad j.b 2b 5 feather flip D 3.3k yooooooooooooooooooooo don't get hit by a random arrow

DC and I have been playing with Yukari at EVO. She really is just as fun as we expected, she is for sure a character that I see me sticking with after it drops, just gotta learn the optimal stuff lol!

Her zoning game is really good but she will have trouble with characters that rush her down. Even so, she is good at keeping people out.

We're still trying stuff out so hit me up here in the thread or on twitter to try things out:

@ShinSyn & @dcwastaken are our twitter handles.

So I was looking for a picture of her color palettes, but couldn't find any and someone in the general p4a section linked me to a video showing her available choices.

I went ahead and made a picture out of them to have a better comparison. Nothing special, but maybe it will help someone decide, certainly helped me, heh.

Color Palette 1-18 

:,0 by I wanna be ABA:*( anyways lol are anymore yukari players in for arc REVO cup?

ShinSyn, I used your move descriptions on the wiki. Probably will add to them soon, but I wanted to at least put something on there. Hope that's okay with you!

the "blank" description boxes link to the guidelines for writing the character guides. please follow them.

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Help:Writing_Character_Pages

specifically

• Do not waste words describing what the attack looks like - that is what the image is for.
  • An exception is when the move is too visually complex for a small set of images to explain. In these cases, describe the visuals of the move so people understand what the move looks like.

the "blank" description boxes link to the guidelines for writing the character guides. please follow them.

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Help:Writing_Character_Pages

specifically

alright, tried my best to cut down on it and just put helpful attack info, it's what I've got for now

pictures soon

Oh yeah, I actually did this a couple days ago, but the Yukari wiki page is almost finished for now- just need a couple more pics (Air Throw and Guard Cancel, with description for latter), some more details, and combos

Should we have matchup threads? I don't mind making them, but I wouldn't want to hijack the job if Shinsyn and Coma have other plans.

Okay.  I'll start filling in the combo thread on here once I get my hands on the game.  I feel like it'll be better posting combos without having to guess what the moves are from videos.

I'll get to work on making matchup threads as well.  

Anyone interested in a Yukari skype chat? I can make one, sounds like a good idea for a technical character like this

Id like to join but I didnt get the game day one

Neither did I, don't worry about that.

Alright guys, give me Skype names and I'll add anyone who's interested in a few.

Neither did I, don't worry about that.

Alright guys, give me Skype names and I'll add anyone who's interested in a few.

You should just post your Skype name here and let people add you so that it doesn't clutter the thread. I'll definitely join though.

You should just post your Skype name here and let people add you so that it doesn't clutter the thread. I'll definitely join though.

I was implying people should PM me- I'd rather not post my Skype name openly on the internet.

From playing her so far, my biggest issue has been getting my 214A/B timing correct after 5AAA, always get it slightly. biggest thing I will say is that Yukari is very much a high execution character. I been having fun tho with using her more as a zoner, using 5/2B, 236C/D and 236A/B to keep people at a distance, and then maybe running in to do a few close up combo's. Likely playing her completly wrong but had a ton of fun

5AAA > 214A > 5C is going to be the death of me online. I can tell already.

Also stevie I think she is supposed to zone the opponent and be annoying, while also having the speed and options to advance upon the opponent quickly.

A couple of questions:  How I should be playing Yukari? Should I be trying to stay away all the time or go in and out? I've never really played a zoner before so I'm kinda unsure. What are some good blockstrings for her? Are there any zoning patterns I should be using to keep people away? And what are some easier combos that I can try to learn that do some decent damage? I was doing her challenge mode earlier and I had trouble once I got to #20. I had issues timing the flip into arrow. Also, Aigis and Narukami are kinda derping on me rn. Idk the matchups really.

Yeah challenge 20 is a tough one. I don't know if this is in the notation of the challenge mode combo, but you can jump cancel the 2B THEN do 236D > arrow. It makes it a lot easier to hit by doing this.

Also for blockstrings....ehhh I haven't played that much but I did see one guy using Stuff > 5C > 2C/5D. 5D is incredibly plus on block, so you use it to reset pressure. and you throw in 2C instead to get a frametrap for good damage if they were mashing or tried to jump.