Coma

[P4AU] Yukari Takeba - Gameplay Discussion

5AAA > 214A > 5C is going to be the death of me online. I can tell already.

If you have the meter, doing 214AB instead is more consistent (especially online). 

Is there like a combo document/pastebin or something? I'm kinda just winging everything based on what I remember Tahichi doing at this point.

5AAA > 214A > 5C is going to be the death of me online. I can tell already.

Also stevie I think she is supposed to zone the opponent and be annoying, while also having the speed and options to advance upon the opponent quickly.

Nice to know i'm playing her corretly then :P

Yeah challenge 20 is a tough one. I don't know if this is in the notation of the challenge mode combo, but you can jump cancel the 2B THEN do 236D > arrow. It makes it a lot easier to hit by doing this.

Also for blockstrings....ehhh I haven't played that much but I did see one guy using Stuff > 5C > 2C/5D. 5D is incredibly plus on block, so you use it to reset pressure. and you throw in 2C instead to get a frametrap for good damage if they were mashing or tried to jump.

Thanks. I was trying to delay the flip to see if that would work, but that sounds much easier. And I'll have to try the blockstring out. Sounds pretty good. With 5D it seems like you can just keep your blockstring going for even longer because of how it hits. Abotu 2C though, would that stop supers? I think they could probably mash through that.

This is probably already known, but she can't shoot when backdashing. But if you reverse in the air and forward dash in the opposite direction, she can still get off her flip shot move and get the hell out of there at the same time.

PSA

So yeah guys, if you want to be in the skype group chat, PM me your Skype name and I'll add you.

Damn, Yukari is really hard, challenge 20 was annoying at first, but #23 gave me a huge headache. Which ones are her most usual starters? In a real battle is like random arrows hit here and there, but dunno which one of them are good to start a combo.

Anyone know any tech trap setups by any chance? Or which normals/specials are air unblockable besides the parachute bomb?

Pretty sure that's the only thing that is air unblockable. Her anti air is a projectile so its not.

Hey everyone. Sorry for the lack of updates/responses from me in the thread, I've been really busy lately. Thanks for all the info you guys have contributed especially the info for the wiki! I'll be running through to posts and make updates to the threads tomorrow after my classes are done. Also, I will be making Match-up threads as well so please be patient, the Yukari Boards will be updated and organized shortly. Thanks for your contributions and patience with me.

EDIT: Match up threads are up! I just got a few tips about how to deal with Minazuki from Tahichi. If anyone could look in the Minazuki Match Up thread and properly translate his response, that would be greatly appreciated.

PS: Google Translate Sucks!

Edited by Shinsyn
Avoiding Double Posting

Alright, so what do we do against people who simply block all of your arrows in neutral until they get midrange on you? I'm finding it difficult to start pressure because you can't use her arrows or persona to approach (outside of 214214C/D and One More Cancelling stuff).

I've been testing out stuff in training mode with 2B. If you predict an opponent's jump and do 2B > 9 > 5B.....2B > j.5B will come out if they got hit, allowing you to combo. But if they blocked it then 2B > 5B will come out (still not sure what to cancel 5B into here though) 2C could let you frametrap or start pressure if they are close enough. 214 D would be safer and push the opponent away. Cancelling into bomb toss is hella negative and they can just run up and hit you in the face fro free. A 5D cancel here would be godlike, but we don't have that lol.

Actually a blocked 5B from anywhere on the screen is pretty tricky because she can only cancel it into C moves and specials (and 2B). Most of those attacks will miss though or do absolutely nothing...like 236A.

I'm finding it difficult to start pressure because you can't use her arrows or persona to approach 

You can do things like sj>5d>iad>A+C(airturn)>5b to try and approach. If they block it you'll land right in their face and do stuff. If you get them to block a 5b at character length you can always do a 5b>5c>2c>j.c blockstring.

Also, if you're fullscreen, a 5d will sometimes cover an approach if your opponent is being respectful. 

In regards to 2B the confirm I go for is 2B > delay 5B > iad j.B > 5B > etc. If they block the 2B I still delay the 5B and usually 214C/D to get a Garu on them and I make more space. I also do 2B backdash cancel > dash 2C if they're a bit too high for the 5B and I keep them blocking with 2C right before they hit the ground. Not having a proper anti air is rough. In some matches I've had people simply holding up in neutral and approaches from the sky due to her lack of anti air (and the time it takes to actually set up a bomb). For these people I usually start using 214C/D depending on where they are or 2D to have a hitbox in their way to bring them back down. Running under them/rising j.A is pretty good too. If you free the DP unpon landing do j.AAC > jump back j.2. Or simply jump back if you dont want to deal with j.2B's landing recovery.

Pressure I usually just cut short. The biggest problem with her strings and even frametraps are that many of them can be rolled out of for free. Roll has full body invul starting on frame 3 for some odd fucking reason and her frametraps aren't tight enough to punish it. 5C > 2C doesn't work. 5C > 214C/D doesn't work. 2C > 214C/D doesn't work. Only real string I've found that stops rolls is 5AA > 5C, where the gap is 1-2 frames I think. But usually she has to be in DP range to have it connect. Also she also kind of only has one gapless safe string. 5AA > 5B > 5C. From here you have a couple options. I found canceling into 214A (despite being somewhat minus) to be of help to "see" what the opponent is doing during blockstun. DP or roll mash being the most prominent. The string I just mentioned usually pushes Yukari away from the opponent enough for almost all dps in the game to whiff if the opponent is mashing it. For roll, when you cancel into 214A you also have to be in the mindset to throw the roll. If they're mashing it the character should roll right in front of Yukari well after she's recovered from 214A. Then you can simply CH throw them. If you just want to push them away cancel 5C into 214C/D. If you want you can do jump back rising j.B to hit the Garu in the air as you space yourself away. I wouldn't really advise doing 214A cancel in the corner though. If you want to see what they're doing just 5AA > Backdash cancel/iad back

For people who are content on doing nothing but block arrows just keep doing what your doing. Maintain the life lead and time out if need be. Usually Yukari has no reason to even start pressure in the first place against a lot of characters. If the opponent is just sitting there, let them sit there. But of course if you don't have the life lead and need to approach all her D's are good contenders. 5D > iad airturn j.B > dash 5/2A is good to approach with. 2D > dash airturn j. is also good. If the opponent enters midrange and tries a roll attempt ONCE, every time you see them enter that range again, be prepared to grab them. 9/10 if they rolled in the situation once, they'll attempt it a second time in the same situation. Especially if they managed to get in the last time. Also, when I see people slowing inching they're way towards me I either 214D or dash 2C to hit them or force them to block. it's best not to keep setting up D Garus once they enter a range where the characters normal can hit you or at least force you to block/concede.

Getting around the 300+ matches mark and I don't even know midscreen and corner AoA combos lol. I should probably learn them. I've mostly been winning just off of neutral

Hmmmm, does Yukari benefit off confirming random hits than most characters? Seems like there's stuff flying all over the screen with her, and little hits here and there usually lead to something. I just get that impression after watching a plethora of footage.

I've seen Yukari get 3K off of an anti-air stray 5B, so I would say; yes.

@Surf - About blockstrings: I've been doing 5AA>5C>Sweep>214CD>mixup to reset pressure if needed. It takes meter but if you really need the extra mixup it's definitely worth it. 

Also: I'm personally wary whenever an opponent is content with hanging out fullscreen and blocking arrows all day. You can't really confirm anything from them at that range and the damage is minimal. Usually if they aren't trying to get in they have a trick up their sleeve. I learned that the hard way when a Yukiko got to lvl 6 and started using the new fire bird move, which destroyed basically any zoning tool that I had.

@ThaGuy - I feel that Yukari's entire game is capitalizing on stray arrow hits/counter hit arrows. If you watch Tahichi play, he gets a lot of his damage from doing this in neutral, and is able to get better setups after it (putting a 5D on their head after they have been knocked down). 

Man, having Charm arrows is really helpful sometimes, considering the fact that Yukari has several good SB moves :D

They're ok. Best one is SB garu and even that's... just ok. Has it's uses to maintain gapless pressure in the corner but not much else. 

5c 2c j.c is not real btw lol

On block? Yeah I'd agree lol, I think 5C > 2C > backdash may be pretty safe tho?

Edit: Tahichi does 5C 2C jC but he adds a jD after, which seems like it could be good. He does it a lot

Getting around the 300+ matches mark and I don't even know midscreen and corner AoA combos lol. I should probably learn them.

Her best corner AoA confirm I believe is AoA~D > 7j.2 > 2B > 5 > 214A/B > 5B >2C > j.5B > jc > 236D ender

I'm not sure about the exact damage, but what's good about this is that the 7j.2 puts her barely out of range from the opponent's burst for the whole combo! The jumping back and charging j.2B feels awkward at first, but it's def worth learning! As for her mid screen/almost full screen AoA's, I'm still trying to test things out and see what Tahichi does. /:

How should Yukari punish a baited burst?

Best way is the 5B > 2C > j.C > j.2 > 5B > IAD (etc) route