Coma

[P4AU] Yukari Takeba - Gameplay Discussion

I believe I'm a bit late with this question, but what are our bad matchups? I know Chie is one for sure.

Chie's actually not really a bad matchup for Yukari, but you need to be very patient against her. Yukari wins in neutral and basically gets to do whatever she wants, but if you make any mistake, Chie will hit you for massive damage. Fighting Adachi is somewhat similar.

I would say Yukari struggles the most against Aigis, Teddie, Yosuke, and Narukami. Aigis moves way too quickly to be pinned down and pressures you nonstop until you're dead. Yosuke is similar. Teddie throws a ton of stuff on the screen that changes how Yukari has to play neutral. Narukami's pretty much just solid in every area. The Shos are also hard to fight, as they get really high damage really easily and have really good range and pressure (but not as good as the others I named). They're really threatening at mid-range, so Yukari needs to move a lot, which is tricky. As for Margaret, she may be a contender for being a bad matchup, but I honestly am still not fully sure. LK told me that he thought it was pretty even, and I feel like there's some good options Yukari has for the matchup, but I can't say one way or the other yet.

Alright, I had a friend of mine do some translations for the Yukari Changes for 2.0!

+ = Buff

- = Nerf

* = New/Re-Balance

System Changes

+ AOA has more Armor.

+ C Persona Attacks have invulnerability on start-up.

+ Ailment Status Effects, also appear on screen in text

+ When All out Attack connects, you can hold A+B rather than mash A+B for additional attacks

- AOA has more recovery on block.

- Back Throw has more recovery.

Yukari 2.0 Changes

Yukari Change Video Reference can be found in *This Link*

Character/Persona Normals and System Changes:

* 6D Added: Same as 5D but in the farther position.

+ B Arrows are faster.

+ AOA after 5AAA Possible.

+ 5AAA Whiff Recovery Decreased.

+ Persona Disappears from screen faster from D attacks.

+ CH j.C non-tech time increased.

+ Feather  Slasher (Yukari's DP) cannot hit Personas, she does goes past the Persona!

+ Feather Slasher travels slightly farther on block.

+ 5C, 2C, j.C, 214C/D have Persona invulnerability on start-up.

- 5A slight Nerf.

- All D attacks has less hit-stop.

- Cannot sweep after 5AAA.

- Ground Bounce from j.C has reduced non-tech time.

- 2AB > D moves removed.

Feather  Flip (236C/D) Changes:

+ Feather Flip has invulnerability on Start-up.

+ Feather Flip can go through the opponent.

+ Feather Flip can cancel into a different version of Feather Flip after the shot (Example: A Flip > A Shot > B Flip > B Shot > SB Flip > SB Shot is possible). Once all version have been used, you cannot go into another Feather Flip.

- Feather Flip has more recovery.

Feather  Shoot(A/B/C/D Follow-Up) Changes:

+ Feather Shot is faster.

+ SB Feather Shot recovery reduced.

Feather  Arrow (236A/B) Changes:

* B Feather Arrow (Air version) has less float and faster fall.

* A Feather Arrow (Air Version) has more float and slower fall.

+ Feather Arrow is faster.

+ Less recovery on B Feather Arrow.

+ Feather Arrow puts grounded opponent in spin-state on hit.

+ No restrictions on Air Feather Arrow (You can do as many as you can as long as you recover in the air) [What?].

+ Feather Arrow (236A/B/A+B)) is much faster, all hits will get reflected too.

- More recovery on A Feather Arrow.

- Feather Arrow has more push back on hit.

Feather  Bomb (214A/B) Changes:

+ Feather Bomb comes out faster.

Mahagaru (214C/D) Changes:

+ Mahagaru: Multiple attacks from Feather Arrow will come out of the orb instead of one.

+ D Mahagaru has a different trajectory and goes Lower to the Ground and further away.

+ D Mahagaru stays out on the screen longer.

+ SB Mahagaru (D orb copy) trajectory goes further away.

Hyper Feather  Shot(236236C/D) Changes:

+ Fatal Recovery Removed.

Shadow Yukari 2.0 Changes

Shadow Berserk:

+ No restrictions for Feather Flip > Feather Shot (Can keep doing this until Shadow Berserk is over).

This is what we were able to translate, if something is off from the translation, please let me know and I will change this post. The PDF Document with all the changes can be found in *This Link* on Page 21.

The Feather Arrow Air Change is kind of an awkward application to the move so I didn't place it as a Nerf or Buff because I'm not sure myself.

Chie's actually not really a bad matchup for Yukari, but you need to be very patient against her. Yukari wins in neutral and basically gets to do whatever she wants, but if you make any mistake, Chie will hit you for massive damage. Fighting Adachi is somewhat similar.

I would say Yukari struggles the most against Aigis, Teddie, Yosuke, and Narukami. Aigis moves way too quickly to be pinned down and pressures you nonstop until you're dead. Yosuke is similar. Teddie throws a ton of stuff on the screen that changes how Yukari has to play neutral. Narukami's pretty much just solid in every area. The Shos are also hard to fight, as they get really high damage really easily and have really good range and pressure (but not as good as the others I named). They're really threatening at mid-range, so Yukari needs to move a lot, which is tricky. As for Margaret, she may be a contender for being a bad matchup, but I honestly am still not fully sure. LK told me that he thought it was pretty even, and I feel like there's some good options Yukari has for the matchup, but I can't say one way or the other yet.

Thanks dive, although playing Aigis a bit it makes sense with her mobility (makes me sad to know that mobile characters will be a problem, but c'est la vie).  If I'm understanding this correctly, you have to play a pretty calculated neutral game or take big damage with her bad MU's?  I guess I can learn a bit about those characters options against mine.  Back to the lab LOL

Alright, I had a friend of mine do some translations for the Yukari Changes for 2.0!

+ = Buff

- = Nerf

* = New/Re-Balance

System Changes

+ AOA has more Armor.

+ C Persona Attacks have invulnerability on start-up.

+ Ailment Status Effects, also appear on screen in text

- AOA has more recovery on block.

- Back Throw has more recovery.

Yukari 2.0 Changes

Yukari Change Video Reference can be found in *This Link*

Character/Persona Normals and System Changes:

* 6D Added: Places 5D in the farther position.

+ B Arrows are faster.

+ AOA after 5AAA Possible.

+ 5AAA Whiff Recovery Decreased.

+ Persona Disappears from screen faster off D attacks.

+ CH j.C non-tech time increased.

+ Yukari's DP cannot hit Personas, she does goes past the Persona!

+ DP travels slightly farther on block.

+ 5C, 2C, j.C, 214C/D have Persona invulnerability on start-up.

- 5A slight Nerf.

- All D attacks has less hit-stop.

- Cannot sweep after 5AAA.

- Ground Bounce from j.C has reduced non-tech time.

- 2AB > D moves removed.

Feather Flip (236C/D) Changes:

+ Feather Flip has invulnerability on Start-up.

+ Feather Flip can go through the opponent.

- Feather Flip has more recovery.

Feather Arrow (236A/B) Changes:

* B Feather Arrow (Air version) has less float and faster fall.

* A Feather Arrow (Air Version) has more float and slower fall.

+ Feather Arrow is faster.

+ Less recovery on B Feather Arrow.

+ Feather Arrow puts grounded opponent in spin-state on hit.

+ No restrictions on Air Feather Arrow (You can do as many as you can as long as you recover in the air) [What?].

+ Feather Arrow (236A/B/A+B)) is much faster, all hits will get reflected too.

- More recovery on A Feather Arrow.

- Feather Arrow has more push back on hit.

Feather Bomb (214A/B) Changes:

+ Feather Bomb comes out faster.

Feather Flip(236C/D) Changes:

+ Feather Flip can cancel into a different version of Feather Flip after the shot (Example: A Flip > A Shot > B Flip > B Shot > SB Flip > SB Shot is possible).

Feather Shoot(A/B/C/D Follow-Up) Changes:

+ Feather Shot is faster.

+ SB Feather Shot recovery reduced.

Mahagaru (214C/D) Changes:

+ Mahagaru: Multiple attacks from Feather Arrow will come out of the orb instead of one.

+ D Mahagaru has a different trajectory and goes Lower to the Ground and further away.

+ D Mahagaru stays out on the screen longer.

+ SB Mahagaru (D orb copy) trajectory goes further away.

Hyper Feather Shot(236236C/D) Changes:

+ Fatal Recovery Removed.

Shadow Yukari 2.0 Changes

Shadow Berserk:

+ No restrictions for Feather Flip > Feather Shot (Can keep doing this until Shadow Berserk is over).

This is what we were able to translate, if something is off from the translation, please let me know and I will change this post. The PDF Document with all the changes can be found in *This Link* on Page 21.

The Feather Arrow Air Change is kind of an awkward application to the move so I didn't place it as a Nerf or Buff because I'm not sure myself.

Magaharu changes sound awesome, though I'd have to see them to get a grasp on how that would work exactly.  Sounds like a pretty neat tool in neutral/pressure though...

When you say 2AB > D moves removed, does it mean as in combos using D or 2AB xx 5D ?

From what we got in translation: After Sweep, you cannot cancel into ANY D Persona move.

@StylisH: The video promo gives you a good grasp on what the Mahagaru changes look like and how things work. Look at that video and you'll see.

From what we got in translation: After Sweep, you cannot cancel into ANY D Persona move.

@StylisH: The video promo gives you a good grasp on what the Mahagaru changes look like and how things work. Look at that video and you'll see.

Yeah, I kind of missed that.  I'm at work so it went right over my head LOL  Thanks for the info!

hmmm ok, I guess you could do something like 2AB xx hop j.D for a similar effect  :v:

Do you use the KD os LordKnight talked about? That one is really important

Just checked it out.  That info is the truth.

hmmm ok, I guess you could do something like 2AB xx hop j.D for a similar effect :v:

You can't.

Best bet is C Magaru and that doesn't even actually meaty ;(

Sweep>2D is mediocre but at least she can do it. They can't easily jump out of pressure that way. But really, she'll be plenty okay without setting Persona oki after sweep, trust me.

Edited by dive-slam

please stop mashing feather arrow when you are in awakening with meter

good players will roll it

If they're reacting the Yukari stringing the bow I think B arrow catches them in its last few active frames due to the slower startup. But yea if people know the matchup its probably not best to do in hopes of getting a "free" Magarula