Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jyosua

[P4AU] Sho Minazuki - Q&A Thread

Actually have a question with some info on the wiki :P

In the section for his 5B It says you can jump cancel even on block. When looking at the Frame Data though, it says it can only be jump canceled on hit.

One other thing, I see combos such as 

5AA> 5B> 5C> 5B> 2AB> 236B~B~A 

In the frame data it also says that it cannot go X>Y>X 

I don't know if I'm missing something or just being plain dumb, but I just want to know if the wiki needs to be changed to or something of the like (And I'm thirsty for more Sho knowledge :P)

In the section for his 5B It says you can jump cancel even on block. When looking at the Frame Data though, it says it can only be jump canceled on hit.

I don't know if I'm missing something or just being plain dumb, but I just want to know if the wiki needs to be changed to or something of the like (And I'm thirsty for more Sho knowledge :P)

it's JC on hit and block. idk about combos thou. i never did 5b 5c 5b. maybe 5b 5c 2b? maybe you found an error or something that needs fixing?

it's JC on hit and block. idk about combos thou. i never did 5b 5c 5b. maybe 5b 5c 2b? maybe you found an error or something that needs fixing?

mmk, going to rectify the info on 5B then. 

Dunno about the combo though, it was in the Combo thread and I thought it was odd when I looked over the data x-x; I'd love to check but I can't for another week.

Sho can go X>Y>X as long as Y is 5C, so 5B>5C>5B or 2B>5C>2B both possible, but not something like 5B>2B>5B. 

5B sadly can't be jump canceled on block, grounded move that you can jump cancel on block is 5A.

wiki might to be corrected, because this is minazuki info (he can jump cancel 5B/2B on block and can't 5B > 5C > 5B) not sho ._.

Sho can go X>Y>X as long as Y is 5C, so 5B>5C>5B or 2B>5C>2B both possible, but not something like 5B>2B>5B. 

5B sadly can't be jump canceled on block, grounded move that you can jump cancel on block is 5A.

wiki might to be corrected, because this is minazuki info (he can jump cancel 5B/2B on block and can't 5B > 5C > 5B) not sho ._.

mmk, everything sho-uld be fixed up. Anyone mind giving it a look see just to make sure?

Glad to know! I thought fo-SHO something was amiss. x-x Going to scan through again later and see if anything else is up, but it all looks good now.

I cannot for the life of me cancel teleports into D, though I remember somewhere on this forum people were confirming that it is still doable.  A similar question was also asked earlier, but what are my best options to stop people DPing me during all my lovely dashing around oki?  There's no respect inside the tv...

I cannot for the life of me cancel teleports into D, though I remember somewhere on this forum people were confirming that it is still doable. A similar question was also asked earlier, but what are my best options to stop people DPing me during all my lovely dashing around oki? There's no respect inside the tv...

Its teleport > 2D

You can cancel teleport into 2D?  Why not 5D?

Aside from that, anyone have any tips on Sho's neutral game?  Those Mao videos in the video thread weren't too satisfying.  I'm having issues in neutral getting in.  Nothing seems to be reliably strong and I've ended up relying on waiting for my opponent to slip up, more than anything.

You can cancel teleport into 2D?  Why not 5D?

Aside from that, anyone have any tips on Sho's neutral game?  Those Mao videos in the video thread weren't too satisfying.  I'm having issues in neutral getting in.  Nothing seems to be reliably strong and I've ended up relying on waiting for my opponent to slip up, more than anything.

I get the feeling you're talking about what you can use to input the cancel but I'll say it anyway in case I'm wrong. He doesn't have a 2D. The 2D input just makes the move cancel into the appropriate D. In the case of teleport, it cancels into 5D. On the other hand, Soaring Fang will cancel into j.D if you use the 2D cancel.

I'm sure the Shos here can give more detailed tips for neutral but in my experience from watching good Shos, it really comes down to taking advantage of Sho's great normals to rushdown and play footsies. You can also slip in a survival knife here and there to help you approach as well. The SB version throws both a fast one and a slow one to further help you limit your opponent's ground movements.

You can cancel teleport into 2D? Why not 5D?

Aside from that, anyone have any tips on Sho's neutral game? Those Mao videos in the video thread weren't too satisfying. I'm having issues in neutral getting in. Nothing seems to be reliably strong and I've ended up relying on waiting for my opponent to slip up, more than anything.

Iunno why not 5D, silly designing? Maybe because that version it's part of the rekka? Iunno Lol

Its all about patience really, can use sb knife to cover your rush in or sb teleport sometimes, but playing it patient is also good. Nothing wrong with waiting for people to get impatient and mess up and give you a gap to get in

I've been spamming the hell out of 5A in neutral when i'm in range to use it. 5A being jump cancelable and having a backdash cancel helps. jump cancel allows his silly air high/low mixups to begin if they're blocking too often and need to do something different. backdash at least allows you to stay safe and see how they react.

survival knife helps full to mid screen on certain characters. At least full screen it's treated like a fireball to see how they react to whichever one you choose to throw. use it to get in if needed also.

but really I abuse 5A. 9f startup is bad for a jab move, but the tradeoff is that range and all the options he can get off it on hit/block. Just play a bit patient and don't get too crazy until you score a knockdown or some type of hit to start your offense.

j.B is also a gdlk move to get in, and in case they try to anti air you can use j.2C to bait them and earn a nice combo.

You can't be too defensive as Sho but his Survival Knives help alot when it comes to controlling space.

I abuse j.2C, even though I shouldn't, but 5A jc > j.2C crossups are too fun. I can't get into the habit of using j.B outside the loop though for some reason, cause i just can't fathom a move with that ridiculous of a hitbox lol

j.B is really good in neutral. good range, good air to air, good air to ground. 1st hit has a good crossup box. It's just a solid option.

Iunno why not 5D, silly designing? Maybe because that version it's part of the rekka? Iunno Lol

Its all about patience really, can use sb knife to cover your rush in or sb teleport sometimes, but playing it patient is also good. Nothing wrong with waiting for people to get impatient and mess up and give you a gap to get in

When I play too patiently I get stuck on their mix up.

But I'll try to use 5A back-dash cancel a bit more and be a bit slower. 

Hi everyone I was wondering with all the changes does Sho count as a good character ?

I stopped playing P4AU for about 7 months so I don't know what happened other than Minazuki getting hella buffed .

Sho never was a bad character he just had his flaws like fullscreen game and BnB damage being lower than others. But the changes he got raised his damage and extended hus combos so that got better. He also can 5d > 5c which could be useful but fullscreen is still a problem for him against characters who can keep him out

Tl;dr yeah he's good

"You pissed me off!" Sho taimu 2014

Sho never was a bad character he just had his flaws like fullscreen game and BnB damage being lower than others. But the changes he got raised his damage and extended hus combos so that got better. He also can 5d > 5c which could be useful but fullscreen is still a problem for him against characters who can keep him out

Tl;dr yeah he's good

"You pissed me off!" Sho taimu 2014

Thanks , I wasn't sure if I want to main him or not but from your response I know I wan't to play him now .