Coma

[P4AU] Yukari Takeba - Combo Thread

How do you connect a j2 after the j.C?

Like in this string: C > j.C > jc > j.2

I can't get a charged 2B shot off ... No matter how much I delay it.

u just have to do it really fast. Literally can do j.2B instantly after the jc. But make sure you are getting both hits of j.C

Midscreen throw combo for me right now is just throw>rc>662C>2B>5B>iad>j.B>5B>2>214A>2B>sj 6>j.236D~B

If your going to be too close to the corner at the end of that you can do throw>rc>2C>j.C>j.2>66>2>5>236D~B

Is this a combo? I've gotten it a few timesbefore but can't do it consistently, and am baffled at the idea of it being a real thing.

far 5AAA > 214A > 5B > 2C > rest of BnB

like, what

:S

Anyone find any midscreen throw routes yet? I didn't get to try much yet, but you can OMC and shoot a 5B arrow if you're really fast. I don't know if you can get a lot off it, but I'll try to test it intensively when I get home or something.

For midscreen throws I do Throw > OMC > dash 5aaa > 214a > 5B > 2C > j.B > j.236D~B.

Also a cool combo I saw while watching Tahichi:  5aaa > 214a > (5C) > 5B > 2C > j.B > bomb hit > j.D > j.236236B. If you neutral jump j.B and j.D the super arrow hits them forward. If you j9.B > j9.D (placing the j.D orb directly below them/slightly infront) the opponent shoots backwards. Damage isn't that great (2.7-2.9K I think) but it looks pretty cool, and nice to end rounds with.

For midscreen throws I do Throw > OMC > dash 5aaa > 214a > 5B > 2C > j.B > j.236D~B.

Also a cool combo I saw while watching Tahichi:  5aaa > 214a > (5C) > 5B > 2C > j.B > bomb hit > j.D > j.236236B. If you neutral jump j.B and j.D the super arrow hits them forward. If you j9.B > j9.D (placing the j.D orb directly below them/slightly infront) the opponent shoots backwards. Damage isn't that great (2.7-2.9K I think) but it looks pretty cool, and nice to end rounds with.

Can't you just do 5AAA > 214A > 5C > 5B > 2C > j.C > jc > j.2B > 236C/D~ABCD > air arrow super? I'm 99% sure this works (I've used it), along with the SB arrow super if you need the extra damage. This does over 3k.

Also, with midscreen throws 2C seems the best method with a OMC. That's what I've been doing, anyway. 

Added a few of the combos in here before I headed out, I'll get on adding more of them later on. Be sure to add damage to your combos, it makes things easier and combos go up faster that way since I don't have to lab them to find it out.  Also Meter requirements are a plus as well if they apply.

Also messed around with AoA's midscreen and got this combo:

• AoA~C > j.B > j. 2 > (Delay) 2B > 5 > 9~j. > 236C~C+D = 3817 Damage (Cost 25 Meter; Grants Confusion)

I added it to the first post but I thought I'd post it here too for those that haven't seen it; carries from mid-screen to the corner. Pretty sure this combo has been done before in a video as well.

Also did this one:

• 5AAA > 214A > 5C > 5B > 2C > j.C > j.2 > 236D~C+D = 2675 Damage (Costs 25 Meter; Grants Confusion)

The funny thing about this setup is that you are low enough to do a j.236236A and combo to get 3215 Damage and a knockdown, Which is not that great. However, you can do a j.236236B and get a 2400 Damage Reset if the opponent isn't paying attention due to confusion making them walk into the arrow which totals to 5075 Damage, It costs 75 Meter and grants a knockdown.

Confusion shenanigans are going to be silly.

When doing the BnB (5AAA>214A>5C>5B...), I keep whiffing the 5B.  What's the case for this?  Am I not doing it fast enough?

Yeah, you are either not doing it fast enough or are holding the B button too long. After you see the 5C connect you should tap 5B for it to come out immediately.

Well, the other possibility is that you're too far away for 5B to connect. That combo needs to be done as close as possible. From further away, you need to do 5AAA > 214AB > 5B > 2C instead.

My main struggle so far with playing yukari is connecting from 5AAA 214A/B into 5C.. i constantly whiff 5C... any tips for connecting it consistently? 

My main struggle so far with playing yukari is connecting from 5AAA 214A/B into 5C.. i constantly whiff 5C... any tips for connecting it consistently? 

what I been doing to get it down is when 5AAA is going on, on the third a, start going 'DA DA DA' in your head for each shot, when you start going da for the 3rd shot, input in 214A or 214AB and then shortly after input 5C, it took me over 3 days to get the 5C part of bnb down, just keep practicing and you will get it :)

I do the 214A between the 2nd and 3rd volleys of the third A (so the bomb comes immediately after the last A ), then the 5C is pure timing after that. In the corner I find easier to land 5AAA > 214A > 5B instead of 5C.

AoA~C > j.B > j. 2 > 2B > 5 > 9~j. > 236C~B+D = 3817 Damage (Cost 25 Meter; Grants Confusion)

I can't get the 236C~B+D to work. Is it supposed to be done while you're still in the air after the 9~j. or do you input it after you land?

I figured that's what he meant and yet I still wasn't getting it. It looked like Yukari was too low for the arrow to hit but I just figured it out. I wasn't doing the 236C fast enough.

I figured that's what he meant and yet I still wasn't getting it. It looked like Yukari was too low for the arrow to hit but I just figured it out. I wasn't doing the 236C fast enough.

Yeah, my bad for the mixup in annotation. It works, you just have to be sure that when you hit 2B, the opponent is as low as possible, before going for the j. that wall sticks them. So that you're high enough for feather flip and the follow up connects. Delaying the 2B will help out. I can add that to the notation for sure to help lessen the confusion.

Also, even though the notation says 9j., it's really distance specific. From starting positions or near corner I think it's easier with 8j..

You're right. But that's the thing about Yukari; A lot of approaches will change depending on the distance. Also, I've done this from starting position and it worked with the Notation I gave. but 8 works as well.

What do you do when a 5A enters in FC?

Edit: After some lab, I found that the 5A > 5B > 5C > 2C > j5B > j2 route works in FC even if the opponent isn't crouched. You can even do 5AA at the start and it will still connect, so is actually quite easy to confirm the FC from some random/mashing 5A into something (my route deals around 3.7k meterless with the status arrow at the end). And on plus all the links of that route are easier to land in FC.

Swag Combo Time!

Opponent in corner, ends midscreen:

2>delay 5>9j.D>j.236236B>5AAA>214A>665A>5B>j.B>delay j.214D>j.236236B

gets you double double-super.

Each super arrow hits twice :3

Midscreen antiair:

2>214A>665B>2B>9j.B>j.214D>j.236236B>5AAA>214A>5B>2B>j.D>j.236236B

Do those combos that ached sphinx type in actually work? Like those mid screen combos for 3800

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do those combos that ached sphinx type in actually work? Like those mid screen combos for 3800

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, but most with high damage require a CH, a really good starter, and/or being somewhat close to the corner. Still good combos though, and they go off of the standard routes for the most part so they shouldn't be too tough to learn.

So, one thing some of us were talking about in Skype earlier is that Yukari's combos are basically all composed of three main routes (with some minor exceptions). If you know each of these routes well, you can basically do any one of her combos, making learning new stuff relatively easy!

Route 1: Bomb

The main midscreen route for non counter hit/standing opponents. This is used in her 5A air hit combo, her BnB, her metered BnB… staple route.

5AAA > 214A > 5B/5C > etc is what you're going to do for the most part here.

Route 2: IADs

This route is generally for when you get certain counterhits (particularly 5C/2C) or a crouching hit. You need some way to get your opponents into the air by comboing into 2C, and then you either hit them up with 2B or bounce them off the ground with a j.2. Which of these you will have to do depends on your starter.

crouch hit 5A > stuff > 2C > 2B (if the starter was 5A, maybe others?)/j.C (any other starter, probably) > 5B > IAD > j.B > etc

CH 5C > 2C (unless this WAS the starter, lol) > j.B/j.C > j.2 (your bounce) > 5B > IAD > j.B > etc

While the way they start is pretty different, they're basically the same route for the most part.

Route 3: Wallsticks

The corner route. Basically your corner combos are all gonna feature sticking your opponent to the wall… /a lot/. It's not really used for anything else… at all? But it's the main corner route, and most of her good corner combos or combos that have corner carry in them will use it.

Stuff > usually j.2 > 2B > 5 > etc

…I don't like Route 3 very much >_>

There is another route that's pretty uncommonly used, though it is quite good. From midscreen, a 5A lead to a sweep, and then EX Magaru (214CD), and it stems from there. Tbh I don't think this route is very reliable (it's really easy to drop compared to the Bomb route in my personal experience), but if you can manage it, the corner carry and extra damage are pretty damn nice.

So yeah, that's how Yukari combos generally work, and that's most of what you need to learn any of them! Sorry if you thought I was being Captain Obvious there, but I was trying to break it down for anyone who wasn't sure what to learn. If I got anything wrong, feel free to let me know! ^__^

For IADs, sometimes in the ... > j2 > 5B > IAD > j5B...., that j5B is difficult on some characters, like fucking Teddie. I've seen Tahichi doing a variant of that combo for Teddie, it deals the exact same damage with the super ender, and a little less without it. However, you can do it in a FC instead of the classic j2 route and is a lot easier in that case and deals the same damage. It is (on crouch or FC): 5AA > 5B > 5C > 2C > (delay) 2B (or charging it a bit) > 5B > IAD > j5B > etc. It works easy on Teddie, the tricky part is the 2B because if you do it too early, the opponent will be too high when the j5B part comes and will whiff, but is not that hard.

I'm gonna see if I can test for character specific stuff today, what doesn't work on who etc