Coma

[P4AU] Yukari Takeba - Combo Thread

Does anyone have annotations for the combos that Taikachi (I probably spelled that wrong) was doing on the TGS stream this evening? 

Does anyone have annotations for the combos that Taikachi (I probably spelled that wrong) was doing on the TGS stream this evening?

Tahichi was doing pretty normal stuff mostly, but when the archives are out I can dissect them for combos. He did a cool one off Magarula unblockable bomb starter which went like:

Bomb explosion > 5B > 2C > j.B > j.2 > 236A > 214214D

I think that's what it was at least, wasn't looking too closely

Hey Everybody,

I picked up Yukari myself and using Shadow Yukari. Here's a shadow combo I crafted today. Trying to discover damage and more cancels but this one was fairly decent. is a fun mid screen one.

5B > 5C > SB > 5B > 5C > 236AB > 236236AB (both hits) > OMC > 214214CD (3373) 

ill try to discover more and post when i do. Let me know if u guys like it XD

Hey guys,

finally made a 4k shadow combo that is rather fun to pull off, however it requires really fast input as other attacks are still hitting the opponent.

5B > 5C > SB > 5B > 5C > 236236B > OMC (on hit of arrow) > dash > 5A > 5C > J.B > J. C > 236AB (all hits) > 236236AB = 4046

also to note 5A > 5C is an incredible pick up for opponents :). let me know what you think. I try to discover more. :)

Challenge Mode Combos:

Yukari:

1. BD

2. S Hold (236A)

3. 214C

4. 236B

5. 236D~A/B/C/D

6. 236AB

7. 236236A

8. 214214C

9. 236236AB

10. 222+CD

11. 5AAAAAA

12. 2A > 5AA > 2AB

13. 2A > 2A > 2AB > 236A

14. j.A > 5A > 5B > 5C > 2C > 236A

15. 5B > 2B > 5C > 236A > 236236A

16. 214A > 5B > 2B (explosion) > 236D~A/C

17. 2B > j.A > j.A > j.C > j.D > j.236A

18. j.A > j.C > j.A > j.C > j.236B

19. 214214C > 5D > 236236A

20. 5AAA > 214A > 5C > 5B > 2B (explosion) > 236D~A/C

21. 2A > 2AB > 214CD > j.A > j.B > j.A > j.B > j.236A

22. Throw > 5A > 2B > 5 > 214A > 5B > j.C > j.2B (explosion) > 236~A/D

23. 2A > 5A > 5B > 5C > 2C > j.B > > j.2 > dash 5B > IAD j.B > j.C > 236A > 236236A

24. 5 > IAD j. > 2B > 5 > 214A > 5B > 2 > j. > land 5 > 236D~A/C

25. Use Magarula (214214C/D) two times in one combo!

Shadow Yukari:

1. Autocombo

2. Shadow Frenzy > 2A > Sweep > 236AB > 214CD > 214D > 214214D

3. 5AAA > Shadow Frenzy > 5B > j.B> j.2B > 236236A

4. 236C~A/C > Shadow Frenzy > 2C > 214C > 214AB > j.B > 214CD > 236AB > 236236A (Bomb explosion) > 214214D

5. Use Feather Shoot (A/B/C/D during Feather Flip) five times in one combo!

(I actually had most of these typed up the other day, but fell asleep before I could finish them, lol.)

Coma/Shinsyn, can you add these to the OP?

I think it's quite useful since sweep whiff goes into autocombo, letting you build a bit of extra meter/burst and it hardly sacrifices any damage. 

I haven't personally had the awareness to actually use it though since the optimal height/spacing for the route is a little bit more stringent than the default iAD j.B -> 5B -> [2B] -> bomb route I think.

Edit: I take it back, sweep whiff is mad hype AS IF HER COMBOS WEREN'T ALREADY REALLY IMPRESSIVE. I'd ideally default to sweep whiff for the midscreen CH confirms as soon as you burst. All your low confirms are auto-combo too -- having like > 60% of your confirms build burst sounds like a great gameplan to me.  

The sweep whiff route does seem to be resource building route, which I would prefer over the charged 2b to bomb route since yukari is able to deal massive damage in other ways with those resources.

so im looking @ the combos in the OP and im wondering about anything that has j.2 into 2 @ midscreen, i cant for the life of me figure out how that is supposed to work or connect in anyway, could anyone explain? or maybe theyre out of date 1.0 combos or somehting im not sure how up to date the op is.

currently im trying to learn this combo http://youtu.be/nGYQH55vok8?t=40s (v useful video btw shinsyn!!) and i can get up to the j.2 just fine but i have real trouble landing the 5b after the floorbounce and i have no idea whats going wrong. i figure im mistiming something earlier in the combo but ive experimented a bit and i really cant figure it out. this combos maybe a little unoptimal to learn since there are more damaging alternatives off a 2c but it also seems a lot less susceptible to lag and having something i can guarantee ill hit online feels more important than a bit of damage

thanks 4 any help

so im looking @ the combos in the OP and im wondering about anything that has j.2 into 2 @ midscreen, i cant for the life of me figure out how that is supposed to work or connect in anyway, could anyone explain? or maybe theyre out of date 1.0 combos or somehting im not sure how up to date the op is.

A lot of the combos are from before we knew what was and wasn't input as charged lol. Try them with just 2B. j.2B is really only used for the bomb detonations but any other time it's j.2, but both 2B and 2 are used so just try both. Or say which specific combo you're trying.

re: sweep whiff, unfortunately after some testing you need to do the autocombo through the special to get both meter and burst. I was doing ... j.B -> 5B -> sweep -> 5AAA -> bomb -> 5B -> j.B -> dj.236D~X to approximate the [2B] bomb route's damage but that only got the meter boost. To really get the most out of it you have to go for autocombo all the way, sacrificing more damage and getting only the Charm ender to boot. 

altho seeing it working off crouching A confirms makes it seem like it is indeed a worthwhile route to use.

The things that I don't like about (whiff) 2AB > 5AAA is how we sacrifice not just damage, but also oki and screen positioning at times just to get a small SP bonus. I can see it having some situational usage based on what you're trying to accomplish, but it's not something I expect to see often.

Sweep whiff seems really uncommon in all the play I've seen as well- I don't see it being useful enough to do very often.

I think that there are better routes than the sweep whiff, Omnix said good enough reasons already. It is also kind of risky to do an auto-combo very late because of proration. Besides, that video is like from 10 months ago, Tahichi doesn't use it anymore in recent videos. It looks swag though, I'm gonna learn it just for fun xP.

Hey anyone wanna give me tips on combos? For one, how are you supposed to do this combo: CH 5C > 2C > j.C > jc > j.2 > 5B > IAD > j.B > 5B > IAD > j.B > 5B > 2 > 214B > 2 > j.236D~A/B/C/D? It doesn't seem like j 2B can be charged fully after the jC. Also for 5AAA>214D>2B>iadj.B>5B>iadj.B>5B>j.A>j.C>j.236A. The opponent always seems to be to high to get hit by the IAD jB or they're already teching. 

General disclaimer, like 80% of Yukari's combos (also, pressure. also, everything.) hinge on projectiles so you should understand that projectiles and their parent characters share separate hitstop. That is to say, the general combo timing might be a lot faster than you'd expect because as soon as an arrow makes contact Yukari's able to cancel off it. Other characters with mainly physical moves would be slowed down, so to speak, because hitstop will keep the character in place through every hit of a combo. Keep it in mind if you're having trouble putting together the arrow parts of her combos.

Naked notations can be quite uninformative sometimes, so let me give it a shot, make a Thing and break this down as best I can. First the italics indicate changes, that I find, are necessary parts to make it work or to correct some of the vestigial notations from Before We Had The Game as Mr. Mod professed.

CH 5C > 2C > j.C > jc > j.2 > dash 5B > IAD > j.B > 5B > IAD > j.B > 5B > 2 > 214A/B > 2B > superjump > j.236D~A/B/C/D

j.C > jc > j.2
j.C > j.[2B] is totally possible but I'm afraid I don't have a lot of tips for you other than you have to input it quickly and precisely -- you have to jump cancel off the second hit of j.C, immediately input a downward direction and charge B at once.

The trouble mostly lies in j.C since the first hit of j.C is also jump cancellable but does not have the ground bounce or the untech of the second hit. So, if you rush it, oops no ground bounce; if you wait too long, oops too little time to charge j.2B. So my general advice would be to get a really good feeling for that second hit because you're gonna get a lot of mileage from that anyway. 

j.2 > dash 5B
At midscreen, you have to dash 5B immediately as soon as you recover, as far as I can tell.The j.[2B] bounce pushes them a little far. So a non-dash 5B would hit too far and too low for the rest of the combo to continue. 

Also take care that you aren't holding the 5B at all. The game might still register a slight charge SINCE YOU CAN DO THAT. 

5B > IAD j.B stuff
Usually the timing for the first 5B iAD is immediate IAD -> late j.B. Then the second 5B iAD is late IAD -> late j.B. You're generally aiming to shoot as you fall from the airdash so they're always a little delayed.

The iAD timings are determined by your distance from the opponent and their height from the ground. The logic essentially goes: immediate iAD if far, delayed iAD if close as long as they're high enough. 

Also, you don't have to do the second iAD rep and simply proceed to the [2B] > bomb part if you find the iAD parts too unwieldy. Only the first iAD is strictly necessary to continue the combo.

After that it's pretty smooth sailing, but don't hesitate to ask. Again keep the disclaimer above in mind. You're always timing the next cancel based on when that arrow actually hits. 

----

Oh, and I tried tinkering briefly with the 5AAA > 214D combo and I honestly haven't really deciphered it so I can't help you there. But hey, I hope you found that wall helpful. 

some of her combos are kinda weird for me. 

1.) 2C > j.C > jc > j.2 > 2 > 5 > 214B > 5B > 2C > 236C~A/B/C/D

the 2 after J.2 doesn't seem to connect. is it a really tight link? i'm doing it near the corner.

2.) CH 5C > 2C > j.C > jc > j.2 > 5B > IAD > j.B > 5B > IAD > j.B > 5B > 2 > 214B > 2 > j.236D~A/B/C/D

i'm guessing this is because of where i end up after the IAD part of the combo, but after the 2 into 214B the character usually goes behind me and the 2 doesn't hit. is this how the combo is suppose to work or am i just too close.

some of her combos are kinda weird for me. 

1.) 2C > j.C > jc > j.2 > 2 > 5 > 214B > 5B > 2C > 236C~A/B/C/D

the 2 after J.2 doesn't seem to connect. is it a really tight link? i'm doing it near the corner.

2.) CH 5C > 2C > j.C > jc > j.2 > 5B > IAD > j.B > 5B > IAD > j.B > 5B > 2 > 214B > 2 > j.236D~A/B/C/D

i'm guessing this is because of where i end up after the IAD part of the combo, but after the 2 into 214B the character usually goes behind me and the 2 doesn't hit. is this how the combo is suppose to work or am i just too close.

1. never tried doing this link but you can possibly delay j.2 for a slight bit to get some extra time to connect 2 afterwards

2. you can do things to move you further from the corner such as neutral/back j.C and/or j.B, opt to do/not do microdash 5B, jump back IAD, things of that sort to keep them in front of you after wallbounce

hope that helps!

1. never tried doing this link but you can possibly delay j.2 for a slight bit to get some extra time to connect 2 afterwards

2. you can do things to move you further from the corner such as neutral/back j.C and/or j.B, opt to do/not do microdash 5B, jump back IAD, things of that sort to keep them in front of you after wallbounce

hope that helps!

J.C> J.2B isn't a link, more of a delay. A very SLIGHT delay

J.C> J.2B isn't a link, more of a delay. A very SLIGHT delay

yes, that it is thank you lol. and yea the delay is very small but its there.

oh and answer 2 i meant j.2 instead of j.B sorry.

off my advice game today lol

As far as I know you can't do that part of the combo if you're as close as possible to the corner. However, I could be wrong?

Either way, after j.2, it's probably better to do 2B > 5 > 214B > 5B > 2C > j.B > Bomb explodes > ender. Easier too, imo. You may be able to charge that j.B as well, so see what you can do there.