Coma

[P4AU] Yukari Takeba - Combo Thread

I don't know if it's me or not but the only way I can do any 5AAA>5B/5C combos are from literally point blank range. This makes these combo's almost impossible for me in a real match. Is there a timing that I'm missing or should I stop relying on 5AAA starters? 

I don't know if it's me or not but the only way I can do any 5AAA>5B/5C combos are from literally point blank range. This makes these combo's almost impossible for me in a real match. Is there a timing that I'm missing or should I stop relying on 5AAA starters?

You shouldn't be linking 5B after a close hit 5AAA> bomb> etc. Because 5C is more damage for the effort. Furthermore, if they arent in corner and you got a far hit 5A you should be using sp bomb to 5B because it combos easier.

5AAA stuff is her most reliable way to get damage so yes it is worth the practice

Well, I saw Tahichi do this combo on Mix-Up night when he switched from Margaret to Yukari, Thought I'd drop it in here, along with the *Video Link* for a visual reference:

Corner Combo:

j.D > A+C~66 > j.A > j.A > (Land) > 2AB > OMB > IAD~jA+C~j.2 > 66~2B > 5 > 214B > 5B > 2C > j.B (Bomb Explodes) > (Land) > 5 > 2 > j. > j.c~236236A+B = 5300 Damage; (75 Meter+Burst Requirement)

I think i found a pretty easy corner combo that does decent damage. I don't know if anyone has posted this before, or if it's optimal, but it's easy so I just want to share.

5A>5C>214C>(66)5A>2B>5>214A>5B>j.C>jc>j.2B>Bomb>236C>A/B/C/D= 2899 Damage

The dash isn't always necessary but you aren't close enough to the corner 5A will whiff so you can if you need to.

I'd like to start using it for confusion mixups but I've never had the chance to use it in a match. Let me know if I could improve this and how please.

Also this combo:

C+D > OMC > 662C > j.B > j.2 > 2B > 5 = 2542 Damage

Can be done with 662B if you're fast enough. I figured that would be useful if you don't have a persona. I don't know how it affects the later end of the combo since this is a starter,  and it is definitely less damage but without a persona you're gonna do less damage anyway so...

_______

Actually, you don't have to move at all. You can just OMC into 2B and jump cancel forward.

Also this combo:

C+D > OMC > 662C > j.B > j.2 > 2B > 5 = 2542 Damage

Can be done with 662B if you're fast enough. I figured that would be useful if you don't have a persona. I don't know how it affects the later end of the combo since this is a starter,  and it is definitely less damage but without a persona you're gonna do less damage anyway so...

_______

Actually, you don't have to move at all. You can just OMC into 2B and jump cancel forward.

Not sure about this one. The timing sounds like it could be finicky for sure. Could also be character speciic, but I don't know.

I think i found a pretty easy corner combo that does decent damage. I don't know if anyone has posted this before, or if it's optimal, but it's easy so I just want to share.

5A>5C>214C>(66)5A>2B>5>214A>5B>j.C>jc>j.2B>Bomb>236C>A/B/C/D= 2899 Damage

The dash isn't always necessary but you aren't close enough to the corner 5A will whiff so you can if you need to.

I'd like to start using it for confusion mixups but I've never had the chance to use it in a match. Let me know if I could improve this and how please.

Honestly, the BnB is reliable enough, and I've never see anyone do this, so I'd be inclined to say you should just use the BnB. If 400 damage is important enough to you, then I guess? I'll try it next time I play.

Afaik, the optimal throw > OMC combo route is:

C+D > OMC > 662C > (Delay) 2B > (Delay) 5B > IAD j.B > 5B > 2 > 214A > 2B (Bomb Explodes) > sj.IAD > j.236D~A/B/AB (3021~ Damage / 7 SP) for when you stay midscreen

and

C+D > OMC > 662C > (Delay) 2B > (Delay) 5B > IAD j.B > 2B > 5 > 214A > 5B > j.5 (Bomb Explodes) > dj.236C~A/B/AB (3268~ Damage / 7 SP) for when you reach the corner early

The alternative to this near corner route is just:

C+D > OMC > 665B > IAD j.B > 2B > 5 > 214A > 5B > 2C > j.C > dj.2B (Bomb Explodes) > j.236C~A/B/AB (3241~ Damage / 7 SP).

This is the 5AAA route I use in the corner (works on everyone):

5AAA > 214A > 5C > 5B > 2C > j.C > dj.2B (Bomb Explodes) > 5 > 236C~A/B/AB (2981~ Damage / 43 SP)

Ah right, I didn't look for the combo with the charged 5B. So it does more damage than that corner combo. Definitely just do that instead of the new combo.

Some S.Yukari stuff, not quite gorilla damage, but I messed around with her:

(corner only)

5AAA > 214A > 5C > 5B > 2C > j.C > dj.2B *bomb detonates* > [5B] > 236C~A/B > Shadow Burst > *land* 236236B OMC 214214D > place 5D > 236236B = 4075 dmg

You have to OMC and input 214214D as soon as possible for it to connect, if you look at the hitstun bar it should be full when the superflash for 214214D comes out.

You can apply the same route to any combo you can fit [5B] > 236C~A/B into, the highest damage combo I've found is:

(corner) CH 5C 2C j.C [dj.2B] *land* 2B [5B] [j.5B] [dj.2B] *land* 2B [5B] > 236C~A/B > Shadow Burst > *land* 236236B OMC 214214D > place 5D > 236236B = ~5500 dmg

off of AoA~D she can get ~5100 dmg with a similar combo

if anyone knows anything better, I'd love to hear it! You actually have enough meter to set TK SB Magaru > 236236AB, but only one arrow will connect before they tech so if anyone can find a way to get that to work maybe we can push S.Yukari's damage into the ~6000 range.

I think fitting bombs into the latter 2 combos will do more dmg as well, but I'm awful at [2B] > 214B > 5B > 2C > etc routes if anyone would like to try.

You should do 236236 AB instead of just the B version. It adds at least 400-500 more damage to the combo and it still gives you enough meter after doing that combo to set up the 5D > 236236B. You should also have just enough meter to do a SB tornado into either a mixup, unblockable set up, or catching your opponent pressing buttons.

most damage i've managed to get with her is 5.9k. might be 6.2k if i can figure out a way to get the second arrow super to connect after the tornado, but I usually just go for the tornado option.

I just wanted to say that I respect all you Yukari players who can pull off Yukari's bnbs, these combos are really tight, and I thought connecting Shabrys's hop j.2B off of AAA was tight. I saw Yukari's bnb midscreen pulled off on me online and I'm astounded anyone could pull these off online. Her combos also look really cool so yeah :L

Thank you, I am touched <3

So, has anyone had any questions, findings, or problems with any combos recently?

Just started playing Yukari... I'm not really sure what this is:

2C > j.C > jc > j.2 > 2 > 5 > 214B > 5B > 2C > 236C~A/B/C/D = 3784 Damage

j.2 > 2 > 5...? I'm kinda confused here.

It's j.2 > 2 > 5. You can basically see it in the near-corner CH 5C combo. For whatever reason the first few combos are missing s, possibly because of bold tags.

Hm... Well, now I'm not sure if I'm doing this combo right. I got the jump cancel into j.2 down. But the following 2 doesn't work unless it's at a corner, and it only connects if the input isn't held, which doesn't let the following 5 connect. Is there some special timing for it? And isn't it basically a corner combo? Is it listed as midscreen because it can carry a bit if close enough to a wall?

I dunno, I'm just gonna just start learning the 5AAA bomb stuff for now since it's more BnB.

It's a near-corner combo. The first post still needs to be cleaned up, honestly. The charged B inputs registered as bold text in BBcode, so they disappeared there. I'll try to fix it all up in a bit, sorry about that.

I have a question regarding hold to charge arrow for yukari. Is there any other input rather than J2 (Charged) to have 3 arrows to bounce opponents? I can not do the combo 5 > 2 > JC5[C] > JC2 (Charged). It always seems to me that the charged take too long to go into effect for combos. Can you guys help me out? I'm really thankful for any help.

I have a question regarding hold to charge arrow for yukari. Is there any other input rather than J2 (Charged) to have 3 arrows to bounce opponents? I can not do the combo 5 > 2 > JC5[C] > JC2 (Charged). It always seems to me that the charged take too long to go into effect for combos. Can you guys help me out? I'm really thankful for any help.

Well, this combo you're naming isn't really practical. 5 is a really uncommon combo starter since you need to charge it up and they also need to be cornered for it to work. That said, j.C(2)>dj.2 is kind of a tricky link, but you just need to do the j.C jump cancel quickly, then immediately charge.

Well, this combo you're naming isn't really practical. 5 is a really uncommon combo starter since you need to charge it up and they also need to be cornered for it to work. That said, j.C(2)>dj.2 is kind of a tricky link, but you just need to do the j.C jump cancel quickly, then immediately charge. 

So is there any other way or trick to charge the arrow outside holding the button? When I look at combo tutorial clip i have a feeling that the charged time is shorter than when I practice. Btw, how can I add for Sky chat to discuss more? Thanks dive-slam.

So is there any other way or trick to charge the arrow outside holding the button? When I look at combo tutorial clip i have a feeling that the charged time is shorter than when I practice. Btw, how can I add for Sky chat to discuss more? Thanks dive-slam.

No, you have to hold the button. There's also only two arrow charges- uncharged and charged. So you don't need to let go of the button at any specific point, they'll fire off automatically once you've held long enough.

And just look at my profile. My Skype name is there, send me a request.

No, you have to hold the button. There's also only two arrow charges- uncharged and charged. So you don't need to let go of the button at any specific point, they'll fire off automatically once you've held long enough.

And just look at my profile. My Skype name is there, send me a request. 

I think I can let go off the button to to fire the charged arrows before they fire off automatically to lessen the time for the combo. For example when I test the charge time for arrow on practice, the arrows automatically fire after around nearly 1 second of charge time while I can let go a bit sooner and still get the charged arrows. That's why when I watch the combo tutorial, I'll have a feeling those guys who do the combo have a way to shorten the charged time. Is it only me who feel that way?

I think I can let go off the button to to fire the charged arrows before they fire off automatically to lessen the time for the combo. For example when I test the charge time for arrow on practice, the arrows automatically fire after around nearly 1 second of charge time while I can let go a bit sooner and still get the charged arrows. That's why when I watch the combo tutorial, I'll have a feeling those guys who do the combo have a way to shorten the charged time. Is it only me who feel that way?

No, you can't do that. You can either charge them all the way or none at all. Anything in between only delays the arrow, but it doesn't change any properties. What video are you watching?