Sign in to follow this  
A.X.I.S.

[P4AU] Kanji Tatsumi Q&A Thread

Sometimes when I'm trying to apply pressure with 5D or j5D against zoners, I'm not sure what my follow-up should be when they're blocking and when they get hit. What should I be going for if they're shocked?

On air hit, keep them juggled with the bolts until you run under them and 236C for the knockdown. It might also catch an airtech for even more damage. On ground hit, you can actually combo into autocombo if you're quick enough.

On air hit, keep them juggled with the bolts until you run under them and 236C for the knockdown. It might also catch an airtech for even more damage. On ground hit, you can actually combo into autocombo if you're quick enough.

So if I'm full screen and it connects, just keep mashing D while dashing towards them?

If you mash it you'll use up your bolts before you reach them, you kinda have to figure out a slower rhythm where it still combos.

Normal Kanji questions:

Does Kanji have any worthwhile anti air 2b combos besides 236C? 236C whiffs if they're directly above me.

If I paralyze them and think that they're going to hop, how should I combo them?

If I land a 5a without awakening but with 50% meter, what would be the best damage combo?

2B on normal hit only follow up is 236C, on counter hit 2B>5C>236B>5AAA>214A>236A. corner 2B>5C>46C>5AA>2B>236C>5AAA>214B>236A

If you think they are gonna hop then 2B is best because it's a counter hit

I'm not sure. If i get a 5A and actually want to spend meter I just do 5AAA land 236CD for a reset

As an actual combo the best you can get is 5AAA > j.214A > omc > 2C > 2B > 236C > 236A, but that's like an additional 1000 damage, so I wouldn't really think about going for it unless you want to maximize damage before Awakening.

Do 2C > 2B > 236B > 2A > 2AB > 236B > 2A > 2B > 236B > 5AAA instead. It's actually more damage too, for some reason.

regarding to pressure strings, what should i be doing? best i got was 5aa 2a 5b into throw, but i can't keep doing that all the time so any suggestions to mix it up?

You can jump cancel 5A or 5AA into random IAD pressure or short hop pressure (use j.236A afterward to avoid short hop recovery), or special cancel any of the auto combo for mixups. After 5B, you can also just go right back into 5A to catch jump attempts.

5C is VERY SITUATIONALLY usable in neutral as a weird half-screen distance anti-air, but is typically just used as either combo filler or off of ch j.B if you're too far to dash in and 5A, since it shocks on hit. On block, 5C > 5B is fairly safe and lets you gauge the situation, but there aren't a lot of times where someone will just let you throw out a 5C raw.

2C is pretty much just a ground-based Fatal Counter punish (and is particularly good for Narukami's DP), though if you can get an opponent to over-respect the fact that it pulls them in can let you do some pressure gimmicks and extensions.

Primal Force can either force the opponent to stand still so you can set up lightning, or can outright punish an opponent trying to use projectiles. It doesn't accomplish much else, unless you're going for flashy combos or 5D crossup gimmicks or something.

I have a question, although it may not be technically a character related question, so prehaps this isnt the right place for it.  If so I apologize in advance.

Is there a reason that the character specific match up part of the forum has not been updated? You know, stuff from P4A archived, threads for the new characters, etc.

The general info from the older threads is probably still useful, even if certain details may no longer be correct.  But that still leaves a void for all the new characters. 

This question has been nagging me for a while now.   My reticence in posting has only now been outweighed by my desire to ask.

Oh hey, I remember you haha.

As far as I know, both of the mods of the Kanji board have moved on to other characters and/or games, so we don't really have much in the way of official updates.

I should hope so, it was only a few days ago when we spoke.

I've been a regular reader of the DL forums since 08(only off and on before that), I just never made an account. Never feel I have anything worthwhile to contribute, as I am perpetually following in the wake of others. Struggling to perform actions which greater people have invented.

But this situation troubles me.  The match up threads were always a source of insight for me.

I would really like to see this rectified. Though I suppose the whole matter will become moot in December.

Unfortunately with the dearth of activity on this board, even if the threads existed we probably wouldn't get much, if any, information posted to them. If there are any particular matchups you're looking for, you can always start a matchup thread in there and ask questions, and I'll try to answer what I know.

Is there any purpose to SB Primal Force? What about SB jumping Cruel Attack?

When you use Primal Force full screen and it's blocked, is there anything you can do to stop them from taking a Persona card for free? I've been messing around with following up Primal Force with another one, and it seems worthwhile if a gimmick. If Take-Mikazuchi gets behind the opponent, he'll shoulder charge from the other direction as well. Maybe it's better just to accept that you're losing a Persona card and then use that time to close the gap with the opponent.

I think I can answer two of those three questions.

SB primal force recovers faster then the D version while still going fullscreen.  Any practical applications for this are beyond me though.  You can however follow up a fullscreen CH SB primal force with 236C,(the D version too, but it will be behind them, won't look the same) the follow up 236a is hilarious, with Kanji leaping across the whole screen in the blink of an eye.

As for the blocked fullscreen primal force.  You can immediately j.D, calling the persona back to you and setting up some cover for an approach. Sometimes if they are mashing 5a or otherwise not paying attention they will get hit by the lighting.

Against Adachi's persona's ziodyne full screen move, what are my options when I'm forced to block it and he's running at me from full screen?

Sign in to follow this