A.X.I.S.

[P4AU] Kanji Tatsumi Gameplay Discussion "Brofist it out!"

Main_Header_Gameplay_Discussion.png

Talk about general gameplay and your thoughts.

Edited by Omex

Well, for those who don't know, Kanji does 275 damage with Persona-less 214C (counterhit, idk if it makes a huge difference or not). Another thing that I saw was Naoto being counter hit for trying to 5A the recovery of Primal Force when she was in Kanji's 5C range. If they 5a it too late Kanji will lose a card, but Take recovers fast enough to land a 5C afterwards.

Saw some of this on here, Kanji vs Naoto starts at the 27:00 mark: http://www.twitch.tv/central804/b/483926636

Still watching the vid so I'm might be missing some stuff

Edited by badgerfan20945

I got a question, what is different with Personaless "this'll hurt!" And when you use it with takemikazuchi, does he just not appear after being tossed to the side?

I got a question, what is different with Personaless "this'll hurt!" And when you use it with takemikazuchi, does he just not appear after being tossed to the side?

Correct, the only thing that happens is Kanji throws them and it ends.

Edited by badgerfan20945

Correct, the only thing that happens is Kanji throws them and it ends.

huh, makes for a good alternation than a burst.

like say enemy is closing in- 214D GTFO! gives you more space :P

So not having been following P4A2 for a bit (suffered from burnout from ending school, plus I just got burned out on P4A for awhile), how does Kanji look overall in the new game? Better than the 1st game, worse, lol grappler...? I'm just kinda looking for a rough overview of him.

there's murmurs of him being top 5 with how he plays now, having actual neutral game + his frametraps technically improving due to charge 5B catching them before they jump, a bunch of details people didn't bring up until the game came out in arcades. 2 kanjis in top 20 psr rankings!

I decided long before suplex hit arcades that I wanted to focus on Kanji again. Glad to see that he's lookin solid :D

This is sort of the same thing I've been thinking for Mitsuru, feeling that a lot of the changes for other characters benefit him as much as his own buffs do. Defense will likely be easier now that the fastest AOA is 24 frames (Kanji's!). It's hard for me to really explain, but the way other char's are looking, Kanji seems to be a lot more viable.

edit: indirect buffs?

With how Kanji is doing I'm gonna see how well I can make him (considering my Kanji is somewhat not as good as others, seeing P4AU kanji scares me and makes me smile with how good he was. Charge 5B also seems nice actually.)

How do you guys think the Kanji Vs. Yu match up will go in the next game? It looks like its going to be kind crazy with Yu being able to Feint his raging lion and having a Air fire ball. Also do you guys think Ex cmd garb getting more range will help him catch Mitsuru's coup on block?

How do you guys think the Kanji Vs. Yu match up will go in the next game? It looks like its going to be kind crazy with Yu being able to Feint his raging lion and having a Air fire ball. Also do you guys think Ex cmd garb getting more range will help him catch Mitsuru's coup on block?

Narukami should still have the advantage over Kanji. You're not going to have to deal with the okizeme from the first game but he can keep you blocking for a while even without it. The air fireball is slower than the normal one, which can be both good or bad. Overall, even though the match-up is still in Narukami's favor, it should be better than we had in P4U since Kanji's reward and neutral are better now.

As for Droits, depends on the distance she ends up after it. I think you can definitely grab her if you IB most of the time even without the SB version.

• Maximum vitality of Shadow characters greatly increased.
  • Awakened SP Skills can now be used at 50 cost of the SP Gauge.
  • During Shadow Fury, the SP consumption of One More! Cancels and all Guard Cancels has been reduced by half.
  • When activating Shadow Fury from a standing position, the opponent can now move.
  • However, the Shadow Fury motion is completely invincible. Activation as a cancel works the same as before.

So i think after the Shadow mode Buffs that shadow Kanji well be Great. The only thing is that he gets his old butt auto combo back, no burst, and no awakening (man i love that free 50 meter). What do guys think? I kind think that shadow kanji well be in the same boat as normal kanji or maybe even better.

I highly doubt that Shadow Kanji will ever be as good as let alone better than normal.  The auto combo is a huge difference and even though he can circumvent the stricter damage scaling of Shadow mode on account of being Kanji, it's still a factor that requires resources that normal Kanji does not need.  

Yeah, normal Kanji is probably still better. That doesn't make S.Kanji bad though, Ass Whoopin' > OMC > SB Burn to a Crisp! at any health for 100 SP is really nice.

Edited by Strife

Does any one know if you can do Kanji's Command garb after a 236D or 236CD? I know that he can do his command garb if his Persona is broken now. It would make for some crazy set ups if can.

Anyone else think that most Kanjis are, well... kinda bad? I havent seen people utilize all his tools effectively, I see way too many random high jBs that do nothing, and random air cruels. Charge 5B is something I'd like to see utilized way more. Then again, Kanji is hardly played (or at least uploaded) these days.

Woah. This may have been known since December, but I don't think it's reached Dustloop yet: Burn to a Crisp!! can be done without Persona, just like This'll Hurt!

Oh my, that looks hilarious and also effective when you don't have any Persona Cards at that time. Maybe that's why they made Kanji 3 cards, since all of his grabs are available, even if he does low damage with them.

I'm really happy with the changes to the persona cards and grabs in general. Cards are extremely easy to lose with Kanji (Maybe the easiest?), and having access to his grabs while persona broken felt almost like a necessity. Sure they do no damage but it at least lets me punish people and have some defensive options so people don't go full ham. People told me "well then don't get persona broken", but he lost a persona card on almost every failed hard read, reset, and tick throw, and due to his large healthpool it just seems to happen more often than most characters, even at the highest of high level play.

Excited to play this dude now that my neutral game has improved, along with his neutral game improved.

1. Mad (Kuma) 2. Souji (Kuma) 3. Gurupo (Aigis) 3. Minto (Kuma) 5. Yuusama (Yu Narukami) 5. Tahichi (Yukari Takeba) 5. Koichi (Aigis) 5. DAI-CHAN (Yu Narukami) 9. Damosu (Elizabeth) 9. Ohgi (Yukiko Amagi) 9. Tenchou (Shadow Kanji Tatsumi) 9. Shikki (Yu Narukami) 9. Aguro (Yu Narukami) 9. STD (Chie Satonaka) 9. Yamashita (Mitsuru Kirijo) 9. Sabunaro (Mitsuru Kirijo) 17. Domomo (Yu Narukami) 17. Jon (Shadow Mitsuru Kirijo) 17. Setsuo (Aigis) 17. 9 (Shadow Mitsuru Kirijo) 17. Waka (Naoto Shirogane)        Guys Shadow kanji got 9th at Arc Rev!! Any one know where I can watch Arc Rev for free? I have to see what this guy was doing.

Tager player here. I like to use gimmicks and resets with Tager, as he has a lot of different ones. And I was wondering, does Kanji have any cool gimmicks/resets?

Kanji can force some airtech traps with his j.214 dive grabs and his 236D Persona anti-air grab, and his 5B is fairly useful at resetting into a command throw.

hey guys im new to this game...and im having a hard time with defense in this game...with characters like sho who has endless pressure how do you counter that? like whats the definitive normal to throw out to keep them on their toes so they dont go crazy... tired throwing out grabs or pressing lights but im always getting countered fatal countered....

kanji players, reveal your secret: when a player is paralyzed and kanji is in my face or we are cornered, there is any safest option for the adversary ? jump and hop are destroyed by kanji 5a, Supers are destroyed by kanji DP, attack/grab/aoa/roll are destroyed by kanji command grab or super. Its basically a win/win situation to kanji ?

It's supposed to be a rock paper scissors guess.

Guess wrong and you're back to square one.

Guess right and you'll get a FC