Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Setsuna

[P4AU] Labrys Gameplay Discussion

P4U2_Header_Gameplay_Discussion.png

Discuss all about Labrys from Persona 4 Ultimax Super Suplex Hold

Rules:

• Act mature. Casual talk is welcome but no immature posts. Follow forum rules.
  • Respect other players. If someone labels something wrong don't be rude and insult. Nicely state the correction needed.

Thanks for creating the threads, Setsuna. Just to quickly recap our Day 1 stream impressions from the last thread

- C Houjuu is small, about the size of a basketball. Comes out somewhat quick and travels in a straight line horizontally across the screen just above the characters' heads

- D Houjuu has longer charge/time to come out. Looks bigger at first but so far, is the same as C version. Same trajectory

- New autocombo is pretty good. Good corner carry.

- Axe levels starts out at blue and carries over between rounds like the final loketest

- SB Gears covers half the screen

- Red Axe stills forces FC on counter hit

- CH Chain Knucle causes FC

- A lot of things seemed the same as the loketest

Really? It looked like C version just went in a straight line both times I saw it. Did it start moving near the mid point or as it was near the other side of the screen?

Managed to, uh, borrow a family member's laptop for a bit. Any chance we could get some screenshots of the new/SB moves? Would help for visual recognition.

http://pastebin.com/r2uETCfu Labrys info from JBBs. http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi/game/52991/1385465369/l50

Thanks Omex

CH SB Red Axe brutal impact does 12500 damage.

SB Red Axe Mojuu adds around 3400-3500 damage.

Red Axe SB Mojuu adds around 700 more damage than Red Axe D Mojuu

Red Axe D Mojuu does about the same damage as P4U from the video I saw in the thread.

J.A>J.B is a natural combo now.

j.B got faster in the final loketest so that's why j.A>j.B is natural combo now.

5AAA special cancellable.

Since you're in the air on the 2nd hit of 5AAA you can do j.214A/B now.

I wanna say Guillotine loop A/B/SB just means 214A/B/SB

Sword is 22A/B/C/D.

Jewel means hojuu.

It'll be better when get footage of some of the combos.

One of the Labrys players in the latest batch of vids used SB Houjuu. It has the same trajectory as the C version, but is about 1/3 bigger. It didn't hit and wasn't blocked, so can't say whether or not it has any other benefits.

Also, axe level does seem to gravitate towards level 2 rather than level 3.

Watched her footage. Noticed a lot of things

- 5AA > Sweep was CH by Chie's 5A

- Hop cancel j.B looks + on block. Seems good to use in pressure. May be blown up by 2B mash by certain characters if you become predictable though

- It was said chain knuckle followups suck but it wasn't specified why. I think their P2's got really nerfed. Off a Tsurugi 214A starter, a Labrys did 5 > 236B~AB > 2B > sj.BC, but the Chie teched during the j.C. She was a bit higher than the Labrys but Chie shouldn't have been able to tech out like that. I know fore sure that combo works in P4A. Maybe not anymore

- Untech time off ground guillotines looks botched. 214A/B into 5C oki can be avoided by regular jump now. But both times I witnessed it attempted was when the player was in green axe. Maybe the untech time is only good on yellow or red axe now

- I don't think you can dp her dp anymore. At once point a Kanji was pressuring a Labrys and he dpd. The Kanji reacted with his own dp but Labrys wasn't electrocuted. Its possible shes invul until her recovery frames now. Please let this be true.

- Tsurugi nerf still makes me sad

Great observations and finds guys. Thanks Omex for doing translations!

So, CH Red Axe SB Brutal Impact damage is pretty much instant death, no matter what. Harsh but fair since it requires Labrys to be in Awakening, have Red Axe and depending on the properties of SB Brutal Impact, that the opponent actually triggers the counter to make it come out in a reasonable amount of time. I'm really curious to see Brutal Impact in general though. Hope it appears in footage soon. A faster jB is pretty nice.

Hmmm, the size of SB Houjuu isn't quite what I imagined. Hopefully there are more interesting properties to it because right now, the increase in size doesn't feel worth the 25 meter, at least from neutral. Maybe the bigger size makes it easier to combo into. Guess we'll see.

Also for those who haven't seen them yet, here's the footage of SB Houjuu and Chain Knuckle's new A Follow Up

I'm also disappointed by SB Houjuu. Well Houjuu in general. I was hoping for a curved trajectory, not a straight path that you can probably run under. At most, it'll stop jump outs in the corner pretty effectively and limit options.

I saw another live stream on NicoNico.

Brutal Impact works the same way as the loketest.

Even if you shoot a projectile like Yukari's arrows, she attacks instantly.

High risk High reward.

Blue Axe Brutal impact B version was doing 2700 to an awakening opponent.

On whiff, you get CH punished for whatever.

2C(2hits)>5D still works in the corner.

2C(2hits)>5D>j.A works also in the corner.

I wanna say the new autocombo has around 25% corner carry.

J.B>J.2B causes a wallbounce just like j.B>j.BB does now in P4U.

j.BB knocks the opponent way higher in the air now.

Interesting. So even projectiles trigger the counter. This could be useful in some cases. Judging by that damage, B Brutal Impact seems to more or less do the same damage it used to. Hope this stream archive or recording ends up in the video thread later. I'm curious to see this in action for myself. The change to jBB is also an interesting change, though I'm having trouble imagining it. Might open up new combo routes.

2C(2hits)>5D>j.A works on P4U now.

The same combo happened in the same situation.

Only one of the arrows from the 5D connected.

The bottom arrow whiffed.