Shinsyn

[P4AU] Yu Narukami - Gameplay Discussion

Do you guys wanna start work on the P4AU Yu wiki? We've got more than enough information to set up a rough outline.

In addition to that:

-Do we reuse text from the previous wiki entry if the move and its usage is unchanged?

I spent the day filling out Yu's P4AU wiki. I definitely made some mistakes, and I would really appreciate if you guys could point out any inaccuracies. 

I've taken the first step; it's all up to you guys now!

Just a couple of things: 2B and 5C is no longer Jump cancel-able on block and 5C is now dash cancel-able on block/hit. 5B is now also back dash cancel-able on block. SB Raging lion now causes knock down on hit and ground bounce on Fatal - I don't think it can be follow by 5A any longer but I do remember seeing people comboing 2A from it.

Oh a small note: Ground throw can now be combo with 5B when you throw them right next to the corner. Air throw can be follow by j.2B on hit/CH at a certain distance from ground. This wasn't possible in P4U

(Wait, doesn't Raging Lion B still Fatal?)

I have wondered this, but I haven't saw it used, but....

Can S.Yu use Raijin Enbu (214214AB) with Shadow Rampage?

It still fatals but it still slides just like the non counter.

The only thing I can find at a first glance is to mention the airOK on Zio now.

Just a couple of things: 2B and 5C is no longer Jump cancel-able on block and 5C is now dash cancel-able on block/hit. 5B is now also back dash cancel-able on block. SB Raging lion now causes knock down on hit and ground bounce on Fatal - I don't think it can be follow by 5A any longer but I do remember seeing people comboing 2A from it.

Oh a small note: Ground throw can now be combo with 5B when you throw them right next to the corner. Air throw can be follow by j.2B on hit/CH at a certain distance from ground. This wasn't possible in P4U

Thanks for the assist guys, I definitely appreciate it.

Re: Raging Lion 

Yu's frame data made no mention of this move being Fatal Counter, but I realize now that it was probably just an oversight. I really should have given it more thought, because in retrospect, I do remember the moving being fatal, heh...

On that note, is 2D a fatal counter?

Hey man, if you manage to land 2D CH, you probably deserve to win the round. Speaking of Ds (wait...), j.D can be combo into 5C on CH if Yu is close enough to the ground which is quite neat.

(I don't think 2D is Fatal but no one even manage to land the move from all the footage that I was watching so I don't know for sure)

so now that the game has been launched, what are you're impressions on p4u2 narukami?

At the start, he felt sort of stiff on movement, or that could be me having played other games. but once i started playing more, he felt a bit more natural.

his 5D and 5DD have been severely changed, 5DD window time has been decreased.

Normal/Shadow narukami both seem fun to use, and i'll be using both of them.

I feel right at home with the new Narukami; he basically gave up his oki for an awesome boost in damage. I'm currently trying to perfect the timing for Cross Slash into Shiden Issen.

For me I just have to learn to get used to the moves and not having oki anymore,but I knew I have work to do ever since I started the download.

he still has oki, i showed you this first hand bloo lol, and as for cross slash>issen, needs to be either the A/AB version and im pretty sure you can buffer the input.

I know just its something I dont how to implement or defend yet since the only person to do it is you and you only did it that first match but nonetheless glad day one started on a fair note

I know just its something I dont how to implement or defend yet since the only person to do it is you and you only did it that first match but nonetheless glad day one started on a fair note

don't worry, i'll test it out in the lab to see how effective it really is

yeah you can buffer the input for shiden, a ver you can actually use the s hold system by holding down a and get it charged to 3 bars and you'll get 1st frame a shiden

b dive feint as a safe jump let's you do some pretty interesting midscreen oki

burst 5d is pretty strange now, but you can get 2 hits if you do immediate dash 5d but 5dd>b dive is pretty tricky sometimes

what's the frame advantage for 5c dc on block anyway?

Messing up the inputs to the hidden super forces Yu into a whiff animation.

Yu: This is how I lose?!

You can't OMC it if you fuck up, so yeah, hit the whole thing or that is how you lose.

what's the frame advantage for 5c dc on block anyway?

Either -3 or -4.

2. Btw anybody got a optimized omb combo?

Hmm, 5B> 5C> 214D (OMB)> dash 5D> dash 5B> 5DD> 214B> 2B> j.C> j.214A> 5A> 5C> 2C> 214B

Does 4648 damage

5C>236A>214D>Burst>5D>66B>5D>TK214A>5A>5C>2C>214B>2B>5C>236A>DP>236236A. 6315 Optimal 5C starter mid screen/corner Burst 50 meter?

Grove have you check if the corner oki is effective? (Btw congrats on winner Summer Jam)

Am I the only one that thinks the new 5D is awful aside from no more sweep > 5D? They increased the recovery on it, and you have really little time to do a mixup with it as oki. Also OMB > 5D routes are really iffy for me now with the changes, they were my favourite last game for easy 6.5k+ :/  But I am loving sweep > 214C > 5A > etc enders, it's easy corner damage. What are your favourite changes to Narukami?