Shinsyn

[P4AU] Yu Narukami - Gameplay Discussion

I'd also like to ask how, if at all, you guys applying 236D to your gameplay? Apparently, it's +10 on block, so that should make it a decent tool for pressure, right?

And are there any useful applications for it's feint? It's easily one of my favorite aspects of all his tools, so I want to find a useful application for it in my game.

I'd also like to ask how, if at all, you guys applying 236D to your gameplay? Apparently, it's +10 on block, so that should make it a decent tool for pressure, right?

And are there any useful applications for it's feint? It's easily one of my favorite aspects of all his tools, so I want to find a useful application for it in my game.

I watched Hama use 236D for pressure in the corner off a long range 2C in a set i watched him play, so that doesn't sound too bad of a time to use it. By feint you mean 214, correct? You can use off a sweep delayed, 214C(Although 669 is better), any blockstring ending in 236A, etc. Look for good spots for it.

I watched Hama use 236D for pressure in the corner off a long range 2C in a set i watched him play, so that doesn't sound too bad of a time to use it. By feint you mean 214, correct? You can use off a sweep delayed, 214C(Although 669 is better), any blockstring ending in 236A, etc. Look for good spots for it.

I actually meant the feint off of the same move, 236[D], since Yu can move around after it. It's so sick, but I'm not sure how practical it is.

I actually meant the feint off of the same move, 236[D], since Yu can move around after it. It's so sick, but I'm not sure how practical it is.

That's not a feint because the move still comes out, a feint is initiating an action of some sort and abruptly stopping it. Try something like 5AA>5B>5C > 2C > 236D in the corner as a blockstring, or try to find where Hama uses it here, because I actually found it in my watch history from like a week ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fe5a50lvsg&list=UUyV9c57z3v5Ot5d4PklDxeA

This guy's gdlk anyway so watching this won't do anything bad for you.

EDIT: 236D is +10 according to frame data, you don't need [D] i believe.

Just got the game and I am having some difficulties with the supers, but it is just a matter of time to get used to how tight the timings are.
But I have a question. To do Cross Slash>Shidden is the timing just tight or there is something else I should know to do it?

Just got the game and I am having some difficulties with the supers, but it is just a matter of time to get used to how tight the timings are.

But I have a question. To do Cross Slash>Shidden is the timing just tight or there is something else I should know to do it?

I made a post about this literally 6 posts ago on this thread on the same page

Just S-Hold(hold down A) it until the meter reads SP and then let go near the end for guaranteed Shiden on 1st frame.

For manual input, only A or SB version works, s-hold does a vers

I made a post about this literally 6 posts ago on this thread on the same page

Just S-Hold(hold down A) it until the meter reads SP and then let go near the end for guaranteed Shiden on 1st frame.

For manual input, only A or SB version works, s-hold does a vers

My bad, I did not read after posting.

Thank you very much for the help.

Anyone got any good frame traps with Yu? I've been playing so many mashers I need to know more >.>

Besides 5B > 5C > 2C (if that's even still a frame trap)

5A > 5C

5B > 2C

5B > backdash cancel > dash 5B

stuff into A lion, etc.

You can pretty much delay anything he has to frame trap lol

Does anyone have an answer for characters you can't safe jump? Fighting Yosuke makes me want to kill myself. Netplay making it unpunishable even when hard baited isn't helping either.

You can actually safe jump Yosuke with j.B(1). You just have to do the j.B as late as possible and only get the first hit to connect. This worked in P4A at least, haven't checked in P4U2.

Spaced out j.C > zio cancel is useful vs them and you can also make them never want to reversal again with IAD back j.236C CH

5A > 5C

5B > 2C

5B > backdash cancel > dash 5B

stuff into A lion, etc.

You can pretty much delay anything he has to frame trap lol

I didn't think it was that simple tbh so i didn't wanna throw random shit out, ty man. 

Does anyone have an answer for characters you can't safe jump? Fighting Yosuke makes me want to kill myself. Netplay making it unpunishable even when hard baited isn't helping either.

Yosuke always pisses me off, although I hate the Mitsuru MU more. If you can airgrab them they tend to respect your space a bit mote, that's just the ones I've fought though.

You can actually safe jump Yosuke with j.B(1). You just have to do the j.B as late as possible and only get the first hit to connect. This worked in P4A at least, haven't checked in P4U2.

I actually didn't know about that. After testing it out, you can safejump with jB(1) but it's not JUST jB(1). You can get jB(1) and still get countered, it needs to be a super late/deep jB. The long ass delay makes it so you don't hit meaty though, so you're free to mashing or quick escapes from what I can tell, which means you're pretty much back to square 1 and just hard baiting. At least you always pop the counter and you get a guaranteed punish so that's something.

But yeah that's my main problem with non safejumpable characters. Like for example Yosuke, he flies around like a fairy forever then when I finally get him down, I want him to respect my oki but it's just a dp or quick escape guess (never block) and then he's back to flying around like a fairy if he got away. If I don't jump and just stand there to bait dp/qe then it's either dp or jump out and the same thing happens. The 214 IAD back j236C does blow up non safejumpable DPs but it also loses to QE. Really I'm just trying to find something to force them to just sit there and block like every other character but nothing I try seems to work.

Yosuke is just one of those chars where you're going to have to deal with it.  Even in P4U1, Narukami was unable to get sweep 5D on teddie and had to manage, along with safejumping a few of the cast. There's a reason why Yosuke is considered a very strong character in this game.  it's not that bad either, think of the risk/reward when he chooses to DP a safejump.  If he's correct he deals small damage and you're back in neutral (which is his strong point). If he's wrong, well he can potentially die on that guess since Yosuke doesn't have the health for it.

(Also there may be an answer to it?? but i highly doubt it'll work or that it'll be a good use)

Also, Thanks SG for answering some questions while I was away.

After certain knockdowns (B lion, C car, CH DP, other stuff) you can time a jump-in (usually j.B) that will stuff all wakeup attempts but allow you to block if they reversal. Obviously this doesn't work on all reversals but it's a good way for Narukami to start his offense.

So how do you guys deal with characters with absurd range like Mitsuru or Ken? I just played a few games against a competent Mitsuru and found it insanely difficult to even get close, let alone get a hit. I'm IBing her strings, but so far I only know 5AAA IB is unsafe, but most Mitsuru players who obviously know this don't do it. 

help pls

I been seeing if I could somehow use short jump in my game. Anybody found anything?

I been seeing if I could somehow use short jump in my game. Anybody found anything?

When I played with wolf I saw him using 2A+C>j.2B in midscreen pressure, ask him I guess. I mainly use short hop vs margaret on wakeup to beat her DP, as well as Kanji. 

5c is short hop cancellable even on block. Otherwise it's pretty much only anti-kanji.

Isn't every normal except the d normals hop cancellable and also dash cancel 2c on block crouching opp you can hop for a cross up

Isn't every normal except the d normals hop cancellable and also dash cancel 2c on block crouching opp you can hop for a cross up

What are you using to cross them up? j.2B whiffs on crouching narukami

What are you using to cross them up? j.2B whiffs on crouching narukami

J.a works but its must harder to hit so I just air turn then j.a.

Edit: actually if yo time your hop just as your dash ends its gets you time to go over do j.a with no air turn.

J.a works but its must harder to hit so I just air turn then j.a.

Edit: actually if yo time your hop just as your dash ends its gets you time to go over do j.a with no air turn.

After some testing you can get airturn deep j.b(1) and you're in 2a range so yeah it may be worth doing for high low and crossup if you use this